News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Quarantine Workout

Started by Mr.Obvious, March 23, 2020, 03:10:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Obvious

So. List your accomplishments, results and idea's for an indoor workout here.
In Belgium, for now, we're still allowed to go out and ride our bike or go for a walk or a jog. We're even encouraged to do so, but with no more than one partner and with a safe distance unless you are of the same household unit.

I used to ride my bike to work, 26 kilometers to and 26 back. And I still have a bit of a gut. So I need to do more than just go for a walk every day. Even though the gf and I have taken to walking more.

Doing chores around the house is one thing, but you'll run out of things to do before long. So, let's hear those routines. It's good to set a daily goal for yourself and  keep your body fit, in these trying times.

I did a hundred push-ups yesterday. Haven't done those in a long while. Rather stiff today, but I'm going to try and make that a daily quota.

How 'bout you guys?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hydra009

A combination of jumping jacks and situps.  I have a free weight on hand to do bicep curls.

Munch

Only workout I've done today was with my wrist.

When I whisked up the batter for the lemon drizzle I baked.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

aitm

A hundred push ups? That’s impressive.....all at one session?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: aitm on March 23, 2020, 05:22:20 PM
A hundred push ups? That’s impressive.....all at one session?

I wish. 20 - 20 - 15 - 15 - 10 - 10 - 5 - 5

And I'm ashamed to add that apparently I overdid it. I used to do three sets of 40 a day, but that was years ago. I guess I have to build it up again.
Today I woke up stif in th chest, have hardly been able to pull off 25 so far. I really haven't used these muscles since I switched over to biking

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 23, 2020, 05:27:13 PM

And I'm ashamed to add that apparently I overdid it. I used to do three sets of 40 a day, but that was years ago. I guess I have to build it up again.
Today I woke up stif in th chest, have hardly been able to pull off 25 so far. I really haven't used these muscles since I switched over to biking

Maybe bike with your hands on the peddles and your feet on the handle bars?  Can get a job with the circus after this crisis ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Not going to the gym has been the biggest adjustment for me so far. Other than walking, I haven't done any exercise, although I have been working overtime. Tomorrow I am going to put together a home exercise routine. I am also going to resume trail jogging now that winter is over.

Shiranu

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 23, 2020, 05:27:13 PM

Shit, you got me beat. I've really let myself go, I think 50 is a struggle for me right now.

Funny enough, this virus might end up making me healthier.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on March 23, 2020, 07:55:14 PM
Not going to the gym has been the biggest adjustment for me so far. Other than walking, I haven't done any exercise, although I have been working overtime. Tomorrow I am going to put together a home exercise routine. I am also going to resume trail jogging now that winter is over.

I'd make other plans on the last, unless the trail jogging in a VR simulation, if lockdown happens where you are.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

aitm

All I do currently is push up and curls. I can barely do 34 push-ups, and I do three sets of those and I curl 30 lbs dummies about 20 times x 3. Being over sixty mow trying to just regain some strength is a struggle.

BTY, did you know the world record for continous push-ups is over 10,000? That’s insane. Though I doubt they are full military style like I do, or we should do.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mr.Obvious

Because I was so stiff from doing push-ups, I decided to instead do cardio today.
Just a half-our indoor-training via youtube. Did work up a sweat though. GF started doing these tuesday. We took turns because we only got one mat.

Gonna switch things up. Push-ups again tomorrow. Maybe a long bikeride friday. Not just focus on one thing.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 25, 2020, 11:27:21 AM
Because I was so stiff from doing push-ups, I decided to instead do cardio today.
Just a half-our indoor-training via youtube. Did work up a sweat though. GF started doing these tuesday. We took turns because we only got one mat.

Gonna switch things up. Push-ups again tomorrow. Maybe a long bikeride friday. Not just focus on one thing.

What do you have against Mat?  Threesome? ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

From what I understand about the virus is that it is dispersed in droplets, and tends not to linger in the air.  Outdoor activities, especially not done in groups is probably safe.  At least I'm counting on it, because doing exercise indoors is pretty boring for me, especially things that mimic the outdoors like stationary bikes, rowing machines and treadmills.  Weight lifting and basketball not so much.  They are best done indoors.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on March 26, 2020, 09:52:39 AM
From what I understand about the virus is that it is dispersed in droplets, and tends not to linger in the air.  Outdoor activities, especially not done in groups is probably safe.  At least I'm counting on it, because doing exercise indoors is pretty boring for me, especially things that mimic the outdoors like stationary bikes, rowing machines and treadmills.  Weight lifting and basketball not so much.  They are best done indoors.

Breath the droplets in, get pneumonia.  Get droplets on food, get dysentery.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

I've been struggling with not going to the gym and today I remembered that we have an old Soloflex in the attic. My husband bought it back before we met. He used it to get in shape and then after we settled into domestic bliss he stopped using it. Over the years the Soloflex has been a laundry rack, an ironing board, a plant stand, an objet d'art before taking up residence in the attic. I'm going to see if the rubber bands still work and if they do move it into the garage and workout like it's 1989.

https://youtu.be/FmgvVleHsO8