Author Topic: The last invention: AI  (Read 533 times)

Offline Baruch

Re: The last invention: AI
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2020, 05:39:08 PM »
Already happened, Tay, the Nazi chatbot that Microsoft created at Berchetsgaden.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ ła’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Offline Hydra009

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2020, 05:49:56 PM »
You know, I'm not sure why people assume ai will lead to mankind's extermination. I don't question it in amusement media. But does intelligence itself entail hostility? Self preservation? The need to conquer? The drive to reproduce? The idea of superiority?
Are these concepts intrinsically linked to intelligence? Or are they merely different traits we exhibit alongside the trait of a modicum of intelligence? Indeed did not these traits, at least all but the latter, predate intelligence? Why would an ai without these traits desire to replace humanity? Or even defend itself?
Human history is filled with the extermination of less intelligent/sapient species (including the rest of our genus) and the enslavement of less technologically advanced peoples in our own species.  They likely see a trend and assume that any improvement over baseline humanity (be it AI or transhumans or aliens) will follow that same pattern.

But this argument relies on the dubious assumption that AI would operate on a basically human psychology - that it would desire to conquer or destroy competitors.

Offline Baruch

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2020, 12:05:39 AM »
"Major Hollywood Studio Orders "AI-Driven" Face-Mask Detection Robots" ... the reason for algorithms, called AI or BS, is to implement the American version of the Chinese digital hell hole.  I don't be going to any movie theaters again.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ ła’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.