Author Topic: Is Islam a religion of peace?  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Baruch

Re: Is Islam a religion of peace?
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2020, 09:09:17 PM »
"Former Malaysian PM: "Muslims Have A Right To Be Angry And Kill Millions Of French People"" ... ah yes, religion of peace allied to protests of peace
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ ła’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2020, 09:06:09 PM »
There are a few peaceful current “cults” that a rather peaceful. The quakers, amish, mennonites somewhat. But anytime one preaches peace and compassion one must keep a picture of John Wesley on hand as a reminder how quickly that turns to shit.

Meh, the Amish aren't terribly nice to animals.  They run a crap load of puppy mills in PA.  My late rescue poodle was a breeder for them. When she wasn't of any use to them, they just got rid of her.  Then there's the rape stuff.
https://www.npr.org/2020/01/19/797804404/investigation-into-child-sex-abuse-in-amish-communities
Captain Renault : What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?

Rick : My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters.

Captain Renault : The waters? What waters? We're in the desert.

Rick : I was misinformed.

Offline Baruch

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2020, 10:48:23 AM »
Usually this would go under Christianity.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ ła’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Offline SGOS

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2020, 01:01:03 PM »
Meh, the Amish aren't terribly nice to animals.  They run a crap load of puppy mills in PA.  My late rescue poodle was a breeder for them. When she wasn't of any use to them, they just got rid of her.  Then there's the rape stuff.
https://www.npr.org/2020/01/19/797804404/investigation-into-child-sex-abuse-in-amish-communities
I never heard about this before.  Disturbing.

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2020, 01:30:07 PM »
I never heard about this before.  Disturbing.
Just when I was almost willing to give a sect a grudging pass, I read about the puppy mills these fuckers have!  And then other stuff came out.  Organized religion, with no exceptions, (that I am aware of) is evil and damaging. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent,
Is he able but not willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able or willing?
Then why call him god?

Offline Baruch

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2020, 02:26:10 PM »
Just when I was almost willing to give a sect a grudging pass, I read about the puppy mills these fuckers have!  And then other stuff came out.  Organized religion, with no exceptions, (that I am aware of) is evil and damaging.

Atheists commit immorality and crimes too.  You should damn them every day ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ ła’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Offline SGOS

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2020, 11:19:20 AM »
I always got a long with the Amish.  I've done business with them.  They seemed the least offensive of the religions around me, but they do have their detractors, mostly from other Christian sects.  I just expected more from the Amish.

Offline Baruch

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2020, 12:10:16 PM »
I always got a long with the Amish.  I've done business with them.  They seemed the least offensive of the religions around me, but they do have their detractors, mostly from other Christian sects.  I just expected more from the Amish.

Their problems with women and with dissidents are noted.  And of course they have the same percentage of criminals as any other group.

"Outrage After Pakistani Court Releases Convicted Murderer Of Journalist Daniel Pearl" ... religion of piece (of shit)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 05:57:28 PM by Baruch »
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ ła’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.