News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Introducing myself

Started by Newtonian, March 13, 2020, 04:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Obvious

Don't we have a rule about not posting links in your first few posts?

Other than that, welcome to our band of heathens.

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Newtonian

Quote from: Baruch on March 13, 2020, 06:00:17 PM
Not much Newtonianism in Christianity, in whatever form ;-)

This is a tough crowd.  Better have a broken bottle ready if you go into a bar in a bad neighborhood.

I have no problem with theists, just theists who make theism look bad ;-)

Regardless, welcome.

Thank you!

Newtonian

Quote from: Sal1981 on March 13, 2020, 06:54:44 PM
Hi.

Got anything other than modern translated semantics of  ancient texts? Like, you know, arguments?

What is your definition of semantics?   I have a sense of humor, btw.

Hebrew chuwg at Job 26:10 and Isaiah 40:22 have slightly different defitions:

At Job 26:10 the terminator is described on earth's primordial waters (Genesis 1:2 - earth was totally covered with water before the first creative day.(*)) is chuwg/circle - in two dimensions - the terminator is an actual line.

At Isaiah 40:22 two definitions of chuwg apply:

A.  2 dimensions/chuwg/circle - because from any direction (e.g. from any galaxy) or other solar system within Milky Way earth appears as a circle, much like the moon, Pluto, etc. appears as a circle to us earthlings.   That would include any direction God views earth from.

B.  3 dimensions.   In 3-D Hebrew chuwg means sphere - also translated correctly as 'round." [not flat]

I could post on any Bible subject or science subject - just gave you 2 Bible verses that are actually science subjects as well.

Newtonian

Quote from: Sal1981 on March 13, 2020, 07:00:07 PM
It doesn't hurt to ask.

Sorry for the delay in responding- I was rushed by helicopter to hospital Friday night with severe Atrial flutter - Cardizem was used to slow my heart rate and my pacemaker kept pulse from going below 60 bpm.  On Saturday my pacemaker was re-programmed to catch any heartbeat above 125 bpm.   I initially had such rapid BPM I could not feel my pulse - thankfully that only lasted about 10 seconds - then I stabilized with tachycardia at 150 bpm - just enough to keep me conscious so I could call 911 and stay conscious despite Angina from the inefficient blood circulation due to rapid heartbeat.

That is the only reason for my delay in responding - sorry about that!

Please be more specific as to what subject interests you or you would like me to post about.

Baruch

Quote from: Newtonian on March 16, 2020, 04:38:24 AM
Sorry for the delay in responding- I was rushed by helicopter to hospital Friday night with severe Atrial flutter - Cardizem was used to slow my heart rate and my pacemaker kept pulse from going below 60 bpm.  On Saturday my pacemaker was re-programmed to catch any heartbeat above 125 bpm.   I initially had such rapid BPM I could not feel my pulse - thankfully that only lasted about 10 seconds - then I stabilized with tachycardia at 150 bpm - just enough to keep me conscious so I could call 911 and stay conscious despite Angina from the inefficient blood circulation due to rapid heartbeat.

Please be more specific as to what subject interests you or you would like me to post about.

Get well.  A wife of a coworker of mine has Atrial flutter, and it worries him greatly.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Yeesh! Sorry to hear that. Stay well.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Sal1981

Quote from: Newtonian on March 16, 2020, 04:30:53 AM
What is your definition of semantics?
Semantics is the study between language and the derived meaning of words in linguistics.

So far, you've only quoted an ancient text, with modern-stylized interpretation of them.

---

Do you think Earth has 4 corners?

Newtonian

Quote from: Baruch on March 16, 2020, 06:15:48 AM
Get well.  A wife of a coworker of mine has Atrial flutter, and it worries him greatly.

Worry is not going to help.   Cardizem = Diltiazem stopped my rapid heartbeat/rtachycardia/Atrial flutter - through IV - two doses and my beat was down to 60bpm!   I was prescribed with fast release 90mg. Diltiazem but was reassured by my cardiologist that it was less likely to reoccur like Atrial Fibrilation does (= A fib) - I am taking Amodarone (200 mg. daily) for that - it does work but has a weird side effect (realistic dreams).

When I was on Long Island (NY) I studied the Bible with my cardiologist (He was Hindu - we both liked Gandhi).  This was one of his favorite Scriptures:

Proverbs 14:30
A calm heart is the life of the fleshly organism,+ but jealousy is rottenness to the bones.+

[Alternate translation- A calm heart gives health to the body]

Mr.Obvious

All the best, Newt. Get well and stay well, especially in these trying times.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

aitm

Only here a few days and already we nearly kilt ya! Careful "we hav vays of getting to you"
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Newtonian

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 18, 2020, 07:23:23 AM
All the best, Newt. Get well and stay well, especially in these trying times.

Thank you Mr. obvious!   I stopped posting because I was back in the hospital again   Now I am home again.

Baruch

Quote from: Newtonian on March 21, 2020, 08:34:35 AM
Thank you Mr. obvious!   I stopped posting because I was back in the hospital again   Now I am home again.

Glad to hear.  Get rest.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Newtonian

trdsf

Quote from: Newtonian on March 13, 2020, 05:37:23 PM
KJV is not my favorite translation - NW is one of my favorites
Funny how the "inerrant" word of god is available in so many translations, not all of which can be reconciled with each other.  You'd think an all-powerful, all-knowledgeable entity could do better than that.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan