My opinion about people who change of religion

Started by viocjit, June 24, 2013, 03:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viocjit

My opinion about people who change of religion is the next.
I think that people who leave their religion to change of religion are people who know that their religion is not the truth. Therefore they will make researches about others religions and will find a religion who can satisfy them.

Why I think that ? I read messages in many Francophone forums about people who leaved Islam for Christianity and all these people discovered that Islam is not the truth. Likewise for people who leaved Christianity for Islam.

But we can note that all of them didn't analysed all main texts (holy book , commentaries by theologians , others texts who are the foundation of this religion etc...) about their new religion.

Also I can saw that many of them don't have the basic scientifical knowledge (Cosmology , Evolution theory , Gravity etc...)

What is your opinion about that ?

Solitary

Sounds right to me. If they want to be born again I wish they would die and do it.  :shock:   :twisted: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

viocjit

Quote from: "Solitary"Sounds right to me. If they want to be born again I wish they would die and do it.  :shock:   :twisted: Solitary

You made me laugh because I like your word game.

GSOgymrat

Some people change their religion for purely social reasons. He or she wants to be accepted by their spouse's family so they convert. It is very pragmatic.

Solitary

That's true for religion in general: it's pragmatic and works for people that believe in a magical God and why it will always be with us.  :roll: :Hangman:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Hydra009

Quote from: "viocjit"I think that people who leave their religion to change of religion are people who know that their religion is not the truth. Therefore they will make researches about others religions and will find a religion who can satisfy them.
The truth =/= satisfying.  A lot of people change over to what is "right for them" (i.e. beliefs that they find more appealing), but not a whole lot change over to more rational beliefs.

Aupmanyav

Quote from: "viocjit"Also I can saw that many of them don't have the basic scientifical knowledge (Cosmology, Evolution theory, Gravity etc...). What is your opinion about that?
Let me first mention that you need lessons in English grammar. Then I would like to know about your scientifical knowledge (Cosmology, Evolution theory, Gravity etc...).
"Brahma Satyam Jagan-mithya" (Brahman is the truth, the observed is an illusion)
"Sarve Khalu Idam Brahma" (All this here is Brahman)

leo

People that change religion don't realize all religions are bullshit .
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Smartmarzipan

Quote from: "leo"People that change religion don't realize all religions are bullshit .

Right there. ^^

I changed religions. I was raised as a Christian, but as I learned more about the Bible and Christianity, I thought it was the wrong religion for me, so I looked for one that was better suited to my ideals. It had been ingrained in me that everyone needs a religion, even though I had questioned the existence of a deity a few times throughout the years. After Christianity, I practiced paganism for a few years. Eventually, I came to the realization that I was just trading in old bullshit for slightly better-looking bullshit. I don't need religion to dictate my life or explain the universe around me. I dropped all of it and never looked back.
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

Farroc

Quote from: "leo"People that change religion don't realize all religions are bullshit .
WHY IS THERE A SPACE BETWEEN YOUR SENTENCES AND PERIODS?!?

I'm sorry, but that's just been bugging me for a very long time. :-?
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks

Jelly Penutbutter

My bestfriend is from around Boston, and he said that in the middle school that he went to some of the kids and their families would go through fad "religions".
-JP

Colanth

As Smartzie said, a person trading one religion for another is an addict trading one drug for another.  Something about Voltaire and wolves at the door.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

frosty

It has been established since the beginning of recorded time that religion is always used for selfish purposes. If a believer is not using it for his own gain, then the priests and interpreters of the religion will use it for their own manipulation over the people. It happened "back then" and yes it still happens today.

The major psychological element behind religion, I believe, is comfort, alongside the "whatever works for you" element. People truly do not know what is really out there, they struggle to explain the world around them, and so they resort to a book, and an interpreter, and a community that circlejerks one another about how they know "the truth" when in reality they do not even know .00001 percent of the entire Universe we live in. Religion is for lazy, simple minds that would rather be told what to think than to discover things for themselves.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Smartmarzipan"

Right there. ^^

I changed religions. I was raised as a Christian, but as I learned more about the Bible and Christianity, I thought it was the wrong religion for me, so I looked for one that was better suited to my ideals. It had been ingrained in me that everyone needs a religion, even though I had questioned the existence of a deity a few times throughout the years. After Christianity, I practiced paganism for a few years. Eventually, I came to the realization that I was just trading in old bullshit for slightly better-looking bullshit. I don't need religion to dictate my life or explain the universe around me. I dropped all of it and never looked back.

This ^
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

leo

Quote from: "Farroc"
WHY IS THERE A SPACE BETWEEN YOUR SENTENCES AND PERIODS?!?

I'm sorry, but that's just been bugging me for a very long time. :-?
Dude I'm posting from my phone. Take it easy.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .