News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hey

Started by Zacky, June 24, 2013, 12:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zacky

Hello everyone.

This is my first time here. I realized that many of the atheists members here are ex-Christians. I have much to say about myself but I'm just going to keep it simple for now.

First, I'm from Malaysia, and was born and raised in a Muslim family. I first questioned religion at the age of 16 and today I identify myself as an agnostic. Well, to be more exact, closet agnostic. I couldn't be open about it with my family members and friends as I would have to face social seclusion and I know I could not live with that.

Now that I've found this place, I'm looking forward for more from you guys.

Mister Agenda

Welcome, Zacky, I hope we can provide the community you need. It's nice to have someone you can talk to about stuff like this.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

the_antithesis

Are.... are you a....

[blink:31l65ul9]LEGOMANIAC[/blink:31l65ul9]

Jason78

Welcome to the outside of the asylum :)
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Plu

Welcome to the forums :) It's always nice to find people to discuss things with, and other cultures bring interesting new ideas.

NeoLogic26

Welcome to the fray. There is a wealth of wisdom and experience on this forum that you can tap into which could make your struggle more bearable. Having to hide such an essential part of yourself is no easy task.
"For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

WitchSabrina

Welcome Zacky.  Hope you,re happy here!!
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Elohim

"Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
- PopeyesPappy

Solitary

:-D Welcome aboard Zacky! Allah u Akbar! :shock:   :lol:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Sal1981

kilodelta

Quote from: "the_antithesis"Are.... are you a....

[blink:uvn06cma]LEGOMANIAC[/blink:uvn06cma]

I am now...
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know