News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

help is never too far away

Started by Gregory, March 05, 2020, 01:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory

help is never too far away, except for those who really need it.

Draconic Aiur

Mr.Obvious

Yeah like, this could hardly be concidered a topic for discuddion. Maybe make like one thread called 'greg' s oneliners' ore something.

Baruch did something similar for a while with an '8 don' t hear the news talking about this stuff' or something of the likes, -thread.

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 05, 2020, 04:48:04 AM
Yeah like, this could hardly be concidered a topic for discuddion. Maybe make like one thread called 'greg' s oneliners' ore something.

Baruch did something similar for a while with an '8 don' t hear the news talking about this stuff' or something of the likes, -thread.

He isn't me.  I am far more handsome!  And I kept all that in one string, not trying to spread it all about.  And it had a purpose ... to break thru the Fourth Wall of Leftist group-think.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gregory on March 05, 2020, 01:20:43 AM
help is never too far away, except for those who really need it.

No magical wishing tree?  People are demi-gods, the hands and feet of eternity.  If help is needed, then be that help, or go back to kindergarten.  Milk, cookies, naps ... a lot like retirement actually ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Well, I have been thinking lately that there's never a JW Booth around when one is desperately needed.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 05, 2020, 02:00:52 PM
Well, I have been thinking lately that there's never a JW Booth around when one is desperately needed.

J W Booth was an actor.  His brother, earlier, actually saved Lincoln's adult son from a fatal train platform accident.  Coincidence?  I think not!  Lincoln only pretended to be dead.  It was much more fun no longer being the target of Democrat assassins and messing with his impeached VP while pretending to be his own ghost.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on March 05, 2020, 09:29:06 AM
He isn't me.  I am far more handsome!  And I kept all that in one string, not trying to spread it all about.  And it had a purpose ... to break thru the Fourth Wall of Leftist group-think.

I think you misunderstand me Baruch, I appraise you keeping it to a single thread. I'm advising Greg to follow your lead.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 05, 2020, 05:50:00 PM
I think you misunderstand me Baruch, I appraise you keeping it to a single thread. I'm advising Greg to follow your lead.

I didn't take your comment as criticism.  I was trying to expand for Gregory.  Now if you tried to criticize Texas ... well ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gregory

Help always seems so far away when you really need it.  God is useless, even if I praise him, he seems distant from memory.

Baruch

Quote from: Gregory on March 05, 2020, 08:08:55 PM
Help always seems so far away when you really need it.  God is useless, even if I praise him, he seems distant from memory.

That depends on acculturation.  Modern Western people have no values to speak of.  Whining consumers.

G-d is like a mantra.  A mantra only works on you if you have "made it yours".  Power of positive thinking and all that.  I get help from G-d all the time, whether I want it or not ;-)  But that is how a mystic feels.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gregory

Quote from: Baruch on March 05, 2020, 08:43:15 PM
That depends on acculturation.  Modern Western people have no values to speak of.  Whining consumers.

G-d is like a mantra.  A mantra only works on you if you have "made it yours".  Power of positive thinking and all that.  I get help from G-d all the time, whether I want it or not ;-)  But that is how a mystic feels.

Mantras cannot help you in reality, they only push back reality for a little while.

Gregory

Quote from: Baruch on March 05, 2020, 07:41:05 PM
I didn't take your comment as criticism.  I was trying to expand for Gregory.  Now if you tried to criticize Texas ... well ...

Texas is big but not as big as Western Australia.

Gregory

Quote from: Baruch on March 05, 2020, 09:30:37 AM
No magical wishing tree?  People are demi-gods, the hands and feet of eternity.  If help is needed, then be that help, or go back to kindergarten.  Milk, cookies, naps ... a lot like retirement actually ;-)

specifically
engineered
for a lifetime
of servitude,
blind obedience

hands
feet

- Molly Guy, grit, arsenic

Gregory

Help is there when you least want it.