News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Greatest Speech of All Time

Started by _Xenu_, June 23, 2013, 10:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Xenu_

By Charlie Chaplin of all people, its extremely powerful and uplifting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE-kodzqcjE
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

AllPurposeAtheist

Sounds good, but the message was delivered long ago and swept under the rug to lanquish as a historical footnote. Sad really.. Chaplan reached so many in his day..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

Thanks for the video Xeno!  I couldn't agree more with his speech. My dad loved Charley Chaplin. Chaplin was an atheist also. It's so strange to hear this speech with so much love and compassion from an atheist, and so many from preachers that preach hatred and intolerance. And yet atheists are the ones hated the most of any group of people.  :roll:  There is something really wrong with a belief in God and it's belief in magic and how to use it for power and greed instead of reality.  :evil:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

mykcob4

Quote from: "_Xenu_"By Charlie Chaplin of all people, its extremely powerful and uplifting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE-kodzqcjE
He also wrote the best song of all time...."Smile"...though your heart is breaking...

AllPurposeAtheist

I don't know it was THE greatest speech of all time. I thought it was dialog from a movie err something like that? Maybe he was president and I missed it, but I could have sworn he was portraying Adolph Hitler..

Shiranu

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"I don't know it was THE greatest speech of all time. I thought it was dialog from a movie err something like that? Maybe he was president and I missed it, but I could have sworn he was portraying Adolph Hitler..

It was a satirical stab at Hitler, the movie (filmed before the Allies knew the extent of his human right violations). Chaplin said he would have never filmed it if he knew what actually happened in Nazi Germany, so it was a case of ignorance being for the best because the entire film is a work of art and one of the best pieces of cinematography to have ever been filmed.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Plu

You make Chaplin's movies sound like something I should really watch. He sounds like a fascinating invidiual. I've never considered before how 'talking' movies divide cultures by not making these works available to everyone...

AllPurposeAtheist

Listening to that piece it's not tough to see why it was dismissed as propaganda by the industrialist classes and their ilk. Stand up to authority? You're not a machine nor cattle? Stand up for DEMOCRACY?? Why, if people really did those things and thought that way trickle down would have never worked!