News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mermaid

Quote from: Cassia on January 13, 2022, 12:53:23 PM
We can thank religion for the advanced training to believe in anything but the fucking truth.
We can thank Tucker Carlson, Donald Trump and the big fat ugly lying liars in the senate like Cruz and McConnell.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

aitm

And all of it started by the grand shuckster himself, the self proclaimed voice of conservative America, god Jesus guns and…Rush Limbaugh.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hydra009

Glen Beck has it now.  Again.  Still unvaccinated, but is taking horse dewormer lol.  No wonder Fox dropped him, never get high on your own supply.

Draconic Aiur

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/13/politics/supreme-court-vaccine-mandate-covid-19/index.html

QuoteThe Supreme Court on Thursday blocked President Joe Biden's vaccine and testing requirement aimed at large businesses, but it allowed a vaccine mandate for certain health care workers to go into effect nationwide.

The decision is a huge hit to Biden's attempts to use the power of the federal government to fight the Covid-19 pandemic.
The President has emphasized the necessity of getting vaccinated against the virus for months and eventually decided to use the mandate on large employers as his main vehicle for convincing hesitant Americans to get their shots.

When are goonna deal with this Republican majority in SCOTUS???! Its obviously rigged and nothing has been done about it.

Hydra009

The dotted line is the midpoint between vaccinated and unvaccinated.  If you're vaccinated, you're above the line, which means you contribute much less to cases and are much, much less likely to wind up as a statistic.

In my age group (millennial), the majority of cases were and largely still are coming from unvaccinated people (though this has no doubt changed a lot in recent days due to vaccine-resistant omicron), and among my age group, the people dropping dead from covid (which happens, no matter what Fox News tells ya) it's almost exclusively unvaccinated people.

the_antithesis

Is this anti-vax thing the new circumcision? Testing people's loyalty by allowing themselves to be injured? This just occurred to me and it makes almost too much sense.

Mike Cl

Quote from: the_antithesis on January 15, 2022, 07:26:58 PM
Is this anti-vax thing the new circumcision? Testing people's loyalty by allowing themselves to be injured? This just occurred to me and it makes almost too much sense.
I am circumcised but I had no say in it.  All my brothers were, as well.  And they had no say in it.  It was a cultural thing, I think.  Not so much any more.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Another Darwin Award in the works...

aitm

Ah 2022 what a year for irony…..grown ass adults drinking bleach, animal dewormer and their own piss making fun of kids who ate tide pods and snorted noodles…
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mermaid

We're infected. Husband is sick but seems that he will live. I am asymptomatic. We're both vaccinated/boosted.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mermaid on January 16, 2022, 11:08:07 AM
We're infected. Husband is sick but seems that he will live. I am asymptomatic. We're both vaccinated/boosted.
Good luck to your husband and to you, as well.  Hopefully, this will pass quickly because you are vaxed and boosted.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

NC lawmaker suggests drinking milk to fight covid

Another shining example of the genius of my homestate.  Makes me real proud.  (btw, you'll never guess which party he represents)

QuoteA North Carolina state lawmaker recently posted a study on social media that suggests compounds in those two commonplace products might be effective against the virus that causes COVID-19.

Apparently, a protein in milk can have some effect on coronavirus in a petri dish.  I can't stress enough that last part.

QuoteBut there’s a big difference between the results in a lab and those from the real world.

“To push this as a potential therapy â€" based on this work only â€" is significantly premature,” said Dr. Timothy Sheahan, a virologist at the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health.

“Lots of things have shown antiviral activity in cells in a (Petri) dish,” he added. “Many of those things when further studied don’t go on to actually have efficacy and activity in a person.”

I'm pretty sure that coca-cola might cause antiviral activity in cells in a petri dish (the acidity alone should do something), but drinking a bunch of coke doesn't really matter if the coke is in your GI tract and the covid is in your lungs, you know?

Hydra009

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cassia on January 17, 2022, 10:16:44 AM
c19 = 333 9/11's
I find that ironic.  I grew (and very quickly) so tired of people asking me if 9/11 didn't make me afraid.  What I became was angry--and not just with the Saudis that did the dirty deed, but with what was called our govt.  Bush/Cheney was the worst--until trump came along.  I regard Bush attacking the Afgan tunnels and caves as the right thing to do--then when he let Ben Laden escape, a criminal act.  As was the attack of Iraq.  So, the nation became a nation of fucking scared pieces of shit.

Now, when the pandemic gives the nation something to be afraid of, half of them aren't afraid and become a huge part of the problem.  Every indication really seems to point at the death of this country and what is said it was supposed to be about.