News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

I ain't drinking my pee.  No Siree.  I'm just gonna hold it for as long as I can.

Hydra009

Cassia

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 11, 2022, 09:25:35 AM
USA posts 1.35 MILLION infections per day.  That's a lot of misdiagnosed broken arms!
Could speed things up. Gotta wonder...long ago when there were much fewer old and comorbid people; did the current endemic cold viruses begin like this..but the event flew under the history RADAR?

SGOS

Quote from: Cassia on January 11, 2022, 04:17:27 PM
Could speed things up. Gotta wonder...long ago when there were much fewer old and comorbid people; did the current endemic cold viruses begin like this..but the event flew under the history RADAR?
Not that evolution has any goal in mind, but a less deadly virus is good for the virus.  Killing the host is not in its best interest.  Perhaps Omicron will become the dominant strain, and the other strains will infect themselves into oblivion.

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on January 11, 2022, 05:43:37 PMKilling the host is not in it's best interest.
Ideally, a virus "wants" to be like the flu, spreading far and wide - a nuisance to its hosts, but not killing them outright.  ...most of the time.  But killing the host is all fine and dandy AFTER the virus has spread to other hosts.  The cost of doing business.

Hydra009

Hydra009

Omicron so contagious that most Americans will get it

Imagine if we could've just nipped this in the bud with some common-sense precautions.

SGOS

The more virus is out there, the greater the chances of a more deadly mutation.  Reducing the amount of virus would probably reduce the number of mutations.  While Omicron is less deadly, there is way more of it, and that's not good.  The next mutation is likely to be from Omicron.  Whether it is more deadly, less deadly, or extremely fatal is unpredictable.

Unfortunately, the knuckle draggers seem to define "unpredictable" as not serious, and will respond to less deadly with "Let's all get in infected" thereby increasing the number of mutations.  I'll bet odds that some asshole on the internet right now is preaching, "Lets all get infected."

Dark Lightning

One of my sons dragged home some crud or other. I have it now. Runny nose for a day, and a persistent cough but no sore throat. Haven't lost my sense of smell or taste, but I'm going to get tested, anyway. Could be omicron, but since I'm all up on vax and the booster, it would hopefully be mild. I hate to think that I'd be spreading it by behaving irresponsibly (I've been staying home, anyway, as I'm retired). If it is C-19, the two sons will get a 2 week involuntary vacation.

Blackleaf

https://www.reddit.com/r/QAnonCasualties/comments/rakxun/my_career_of_treating_patients_has_ended/

QuoteMy career of treating patients has ended

After more than three decades as a physician, the Q maniacs have succeeded in driving me out of providing care to patients. I, like many of my colleagues, am moving into medically-adjacent work, where we can continue to apply our training and decades off knowledge without ever having to come in contact with sick people.

I've been able to deal with the years of patients who attended Google Medical School, and the hours wasted explaining things such as why cinnamon cannot be used to treat diabetes, or that garlic and beetroot can't treat HIV. And Lord save me from essential oils.

COVID and Q finally proved to be the one of amateur "experts" that was too much for me. The horrific deaths are beyond what you might imagine. They emerge almost unrecognizable to their families. Since June, I have never seen a horrible case of someone who was vaccinated. I have seen people struggling to breathe through lungs that have hardened to near uselessness, begging us in their ignorance to give them the vaccine now. We can tell, almost without fail, which ones will die when they come through the door of the ICU, but we do everything in our power to keep them alive - BIPAP, ECMO, ventilator - knowing we are stretching out the inevitable. We use paralytics with ECMO and ventilators, then ease them off to see if they can function. And as the drugs wane, the look of terror emerges, the tears. We try to calm them, to swallow our desire to scream at them: This is your fault! This didn't have to happen! Often, their spouse or their uncle or neighbor is nearby, dying along with them. And we work hard for those rare cases where we can pull them back from the edge.

I could deal with all of that. What I can no longer handle is the screaming, not from the patients, but from the families. They are not screaming in anguish, or in recognition of how their foolishness has led them to this point. No, they are screaming at me. Because, you see, I am part of the global conspiracy to commit genocide. If only I would give 10,000 mg of Vitamin C - even though the body can only absorb a maximum of 100 mg a day, with the rest creating the world's most expensive urine - they would be saved. Or hydroxychloroquine. Or ivermectin. Those have never been studied, they assure me, and when I tell them they have been, they snap that I don't know what I'm talking about. I want, oh god I want, to tell them that if we are the ones responsible for killing their loved ones, then why the hell have they brought them to the hospital? Why throw them into our clutches? I know the answer: They know it is all lies. But their egos are so huge they cant bring themselves to admit it.

My breaking point came three weeks ago. I dealt with a particularly horrible case. This was a husband and father, 38 years old. A wife, two daughters, one son. All of age to get vaccinated, none vaccinated. If you could have seen his face, and the ravages left by both COVID and the time he spent prone on his stomach. An enormous clot kept reforming in his leg, and we had been forced to amputate his foot in hopes of keeping him alive. When he was awake, the look of terror in his eyes, the crying, the pain. It was nothing new. But the begging, over and over, "Don't let me die." And "Give me the vaccine." All I could tell him is "We won't let you" - although I never said we might not have any choice in the matter. And I told him, repeatedly, it was too late for the vaccine.

He begged me to bring in his family. A nurse called them, because they had never come to the hospital. They refused to wear masks, and so would not be admitted. The nurse told the wife that her husband was likely dying, and was begging to see them. All she cared about was masks. She would only come if she and her daughters didn't have to wear any.

The nurse came to me and told me the wife wanted to speak to me. I got on the phone and she ordered me to cure him with ivermectin and vitamin C & D. I explained to her, those do not work, they have been extensively studied and the amount of ivermectin needed to treat even mild COVID would kill a human being. Once again, I was told I was ignorant. I asked her to come down to the hospital, to bring her children, to at least wait outside. Somehow, she agreed.

The nurses were all busy, and I took over the role they usually perform, comforting the dying. I sat beside the man's bed. Through tears, he rasped out sounds I could vaguely understand as a question. I guessed at what he was asking, and assured him that yes, his family was coming. He was so frightened, and I could tell he knew death was unavoidable. I'm not religious, but I knew he was, and I talked about the comfort of Jesus as I held his hand. About a minute later, he coded. We tried to save him, but there was nothing to be done. He died.

Twenty minutes later, I heard from a nurse that the family was here, that they had made a ruckus down in the lobby demanding to be let upstairs without masks, and had been thrown out of the hospital. I consulted with a few colleagues who agreed to cover me so that i could speak to them in the parking lot. I took the elevator down, and asked security to point out the family that refused to wear masks. Fortunately, they had not left.

I stepped outside, went to the wife, and identified myself. I told her that I was sorry, that we had done everything we could, but her husband had passed a few minutes earlier. I did not manage to get the words of the sentence fully out of my mouth when I felt the fist strike my face and heard the screamed words "You murderer!" I fell backwards, tripped, and plopped onto the pavement, the back off my head striking asphalt. I vaguely heard the words being screamed about ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine and god knows what else. I heard "you could have saved him if you listened!" I tasted blood from the top of my lip. It took a moment to know it was seeping from my nose, which she had broken. My mask was getting wet, and thus useless. Security grabbed her. They were getting ready to call the police, but I knew if they did, I would become the next national target for the Q maniacs. I told them to just put her in her car. I wasn't going to press charges. I went back to the hospital.

I started looking for a new job the next day. I will never treat a patient again.

Thank God.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

GSOgymrat

I hope he contacted law enforcement to press charges for assault of a healthcare worker, which in many states is a felony. The three kids can have a father in the grave and a mother in prison.

Cassia

We can thank religion for the advanced training to believe in anything but the fucking truth.

Mike Cl

Good news!! :)
‘Put Ya’ Lighters Up’: New Study Finds Cannabis Could Block COVID-19 From Entering The Body.
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/put-ya-lighters-study-finds-132414748.html

Shannon Dawson
Thu, January 13, 2022, 5:24 AM
Midsection Of Woman Holding Medical Cannabis And Container
Midsection Of Woman Holding Medical Cannabis And Container
Source: Kirill Vasikev / EyeEm / Getty

A new study suggests there may be some special health benefits hidden in cannabis plants that could help to block COVID-19 from entering the body.

Scientists from Oregon State University and Oregon Health & Sciences University published a new peer-review study that examined three cannabis compounds that are found in THC and CBD: cannabigerolic acid, which scientists dubbed CBG-A; tetrahydrocannabinolic acid, known as THC-A; and cannabidiolic acid, or CBD-A.

After extracting them from the plant, the biological compounds were then incubated with the spike protein from COVID-19 (SARS-COV-2 virus) and were injected into human epithelial cells after 24 hours. Scientists discovered that the virus’s cells had been miraculously treated by the CBDA and CBGA compounds. The cells had no trace of the COVID-19 RNA, essentially blocking high concentrations of the virus from entering.

RELATED CONTENT: Blowing Smoke: These Are The Best U.S. Cities To Visit If You’re Looking For A Cannabis Vacay

A technique called “affinity-selection mass spectrometry” was used to assess how the compounds interacted with the spike protein of COVID-19. The same effect occurred when scientists conducted the experiment on alpha and beta strains of the variants found in the U.K. and South Africa.

Researchers said that the evidence could provide a strong case for the compounds to be used to create another preventive measure for protecting against stronger variants of the virus in the future.

“With widespread use of cannabinoids, resistant variants could still arise, but the combination of vaccination and CBDA/CBGA treatment should create a more challenging environment with which SARS-CoV-2 must contend, reducing the likelihood of escape,” officials behind the study explained, according to the Journal of Natural Products.

CBDA and CBGA’s “virus-neutralizing” capabilities are definitely promising, but researchers said the compounds would most likely have to be consumed in the form of a pill or liquid in order for people to truly experience their benefits, and that’s only if the Biden Administration authorizes the use of cannabis for researchers to begin experimenting with other ways of fighting off the disease."

I have magic brownies or gummies every night for sleep--restless leg relief.  And now this news means I'll not stop--not that I would anyway.  It's nice to have some good news on this front for a change.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 13, 2022, 11:00:53 AM
One of my sons dragged home some crud or other. I have it now. Runny nose for a day, and a persistent cough but no sore throat. Haven't lost my sense of smell or taste, but I'm going to get tested, anyway. Could be omicron, but since I'm all up on vax and the booster, it would hopefully be mild. I hate to think that I'd be spreading it by behaving irresponsibly (I've been staying home, anyway, as I'm retired). If it is C-19, the two sons will get a 2 week involuntary vacation.
This year's flu is really unpleasant -- I got tested for COVID last week and was negative.  It started on the 3rd and the cough still hasn't gone away.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Blackleaf

Quote from: GSOgymrat on January 13, 2022, 11:38:46 AM
I hope he contacted law enforcement to press charges for assault of a healthcare worker, which in many states is a felony. The three kids can have a father in the grave and a mother in prison.

He didn't press charges, because he didn't want to become a target for QAnon.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--