News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassia

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 17, 2021, 01:58:50 PM
Today, I got both my flu shot and my covid booster.  This year, I've been collecting vaccinations like Thanos collecting infinity stones.  :P

No serious adverse reactions so far, but I do feel like I got punched in the arm and I feel kinda drowsy, though that's probably mostly because of the huge lunch.

Anyway, these shots should help me out a lot.  I see lots of people at work and at the gym, and somewhere around 30% of them are plaguebearers, I even came face-to-face with a couple of people from the Q-Anon cult.  Let's just say that I've made a lot of CON checks already.  I could definitely stand to do roll those dice twice and take the best result from here on out.
I think looking at human behavior so far that there is a chance that if this virus was actually a little more deadly that less people would be dead/dying.

Hydra009

Quote from: Cassia on November 17, 2021, 06:13:04 PMI think looking at human behavior so far that there is a chance that if this virus was actually a little more deadly that less people would be dead/dying.
Perhaps.  Though if over 5 million dead doesn't put you on guard, I don't see how 10 or 20 would.

SGOS

If Trump were to tell his followers to get shots, and wear masks, how many of them would follow his advice?  Is it too late for that now and too late to undo his earlier calls to rebel?  All this childish drama and self righteous crap about freedoms could just fall by the wayside, and we might well be on our way back to economic recovery by now.  It's hard to believe that many grown adults could be acting so childish about getting vaccinations and taking safety precautions if they hadn't been talked into it by someone else.  You know... to make America great again?

GSOgymrat

Back in August, I had postnasal drip and a sore throat for three days, which I attributed to allergies. Every employee where I work must fill out an online health screening before starting a shift and because I check yes on sore throat I had to get a COVID test, which I was certain would be negative. It came back positive. Turns out I got it from a coworker. I was out of work for 10 days with no symptoms. What really amazed me was my husband, with whom I had extremely close contact, tested negative. I attribute having such a minor reaction to COVID to being fully vaccinated. I have since had the booster.

As of two days ago, Greensboro no longer requires masks. At my gym, about 80 percent of people stopped wearing masks weeks ago but I still wore mine. I'm going to stop now that it is no longer required, especially given that researchers say people who have had “hybrid” exposure to COVID-19 â€" infection and full vaccination â€" have mounted a powerful immune response to the virus and are likely able to fight off most of the variants.

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on November 18, 2021, 06:24:29 AM
If Trump were to tell his followers to get shots, and wear masks, how many of them would follow his advice?  Is it too late for that now and too late to undo his earlier calls to rebel?  All this childish drama and self righteous crap about freedoms could just fall by the wayside, and we might well be on our way back to economic recovery by now.  It's hard to believe that many grown adults could be acting so childish about getting vaccinations and taking safety precautions if they hadn't been talked into it by someone else.  You know... to make America great again?
Trump did say that getting the vaccination would be good.  I cannot tell you when he said it, but I saw clips on cable news of him saying to get vaccination.  And we have seen how little good that did.  Once the cat is out of the bag it's hard to get it back in.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Uggh.  I just had a night full of intense fever dreams (imagine the Willy Wonka tunnel scene for 6 hours) and I woke up somewhat sore with muscle weakness and a mild headache.  This booster definitely hit me harder than the previous two shots.  And that's just from my immune system scrambling to deal with a fake virus.  I can only imagine what dealing with the real virus would be like.

I found out not long ago that a cousin had covid months ago.  He basically was bedridden and could barely summon the energy to eat.  He got over it without needing to go to the hospital, but that stuff is no joke.

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 18, 2021, 09:14:00 AM
Trump did say that getting the vaccination would be good.  I cannot tell you when he said it, but I saw clips on cable news of him saying to get vaccination.  And we have seen how little good that did.  Once the cat is out of the bag it's hard to get it back in.
Yes, some people are resistant to change even when given better information.  They seem to get entrenched.  That's what I was wondering about.  Probably some of them changed with directions from Trump, but some are still committed to their original information.  Maybe some liberals too.

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 18, 2021, 09:16:37 AM
Uggh.  I just had a night full of intense fever dreams (imagine the Willy Wonka tunnel scene for 6 hours) and I woke up somewhat sore with muscle weakness and a mild headache.  This booster definitely hit me harder than the previous two shots.  And that's just from my immune system scrambling to deal with a fake virus.  I can only imagine what dealing with the real virus would be like.

I found out not long ago that a cousin had covid months ago.  He basically was bedridden and could barely summon the energy to eat.  He got over it without needing to go to the hospital, but that stuff is no joke.
I had a delayed reaction to my booster, also.  It happened a couple days later.  It consisted of head aches and lethargy.  I suppose it could have been something else.  I thought I would get away with just the sore shoulder, but, without any actual knowledge, I'm blaming the booster for the other stuff.  It was still minor though, it did nothing to interfere with my normal routine of hiking or other activities. 

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 18, 2021, 09:16:37 AM
Uggh.  I just had a night full of intense fever dreams (imagine the Willy Wonka tunnel scene for 6 hours) and I woke up somewhat sore with muscle weakness and a mild headache.  This booster definitely hit me harder than the previous two shots. 

My immune system went into full attack mode when I got the booster: fever, chills, soreness. Fortunately the symptoms lasted less than 24 hours.

Mr.Obvious

Waiting to get a third shot as well.

For now, however...
More mandatory working from home. Sigh
To be honest, i think that our current restrictions aren't going to cut it. You have to stay at home all day for work, but you can go party in the club afterwards, grinding your bodies together...

I find myself growing more apathic to everything the longer this pandemic goes on.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

SGOS

Headline: Austria re-imposes a full Covid lockdown and makes vaccination mandatory
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/19/austria-announces-national-lockdown-as-covid-cases-surge.html

It took me a while to figure this out.  At first I thought it meant everyone in Austria would be compelled to get vaccinated, but I don't think it means that.  From what I can tell, it means that the 34% of the population, that is not vaccinated will simply not be allowed to leave their homes, except for special circumstances, grocery shopping, work, etc.

Austria's infection rates have gone through the roof, dwarfing the US (comparison chart is in the article).  But it's still a daring move, because like the US, Austria has a angry "Freedom Party" screaming about getting shots.  Also about leaving homes; How do you know who is un-vaccinated of those walking around on the streets:  "Show me your papers!"???  This sounds like they are going to need a much larger enforcement crew.  And you still have the whining idiot crowd going to the stores and breathing on everyone else, as people are still forced to congregate while buying food, and the carriers are free to infect others without consequence.

Cassia

Quote from: SGOS on November 19, 2021, 07:40:31 AM
Headline: Austria re-imposes a full Covid lockdown and makes vaccination mandatory
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/19/austria-announces-national-lockdown-as-covid-cases-surge.html

It took me a while to figure this out.  At first I thought it meant everyone in Austria would be compelled to get vaccinated, but I don't think it means that.  From what I can tell, it means that the 34% of the population, that is not vaccinated will simply not be allowed to leave their homes, except for special circumstances, grocery shopping, work, etc.

Austria's infection rates have gone through the roof, dwarfing the US (comparison chart is in the article).  But it's still a daring move, because like the US, Austria has a angry "Freedom Party" screaming about getting shots.  Also about leaving homes; How do you know who is un-vaccinated of those walking around on the streets:  "Show me your papers!"???  This sounds like they are going to need a much larger enforcement crew.  And you still have the whining idiot crowd going to the stores and breathing on everyone else, as people are still forced to congregate while buying food, and the carriers are free to infect others without consequence.
Uh oh. Brace up for 1000's of new memes. Good news about the anti-covid pills. Maybe they will finally get us out of this.

Hydra009

48 hours later, I've finally recovered from my shots!

Yesterday, I was ravenous, craving dairy and fruit juice and leafy veggies especially.  I absolutely tore through my fridge.  Thank goodness I took the shot on my days off, because I was in no shape to do anything outside the house.

drunkenshoe

So I need to wait for the sixth month after the second for the booster with Biontech. You guys all had it, now?

It's a bit stressful. It feels like we'll all need to get back in lock down in deep winter and majority will refuse, protests will erupt and then some places will turn into Italy at the beginning of the pandemic.

Yeah...it is impossible to overcome this without a real kind of catastrophe, that's what I have realised lately. Sorry about the dark post.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

Germans will be ‘vaccinated, cured, or dead’ after winter, minister claims

Gotta hand it to the Germans, they take F--...err...kiss, marry, kill to a whole 'nother level!