News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

I think you daughter will be OK since she has been vaccinated, but being around a mob of kids all day is not the safest place to be in a pandemic.

Mike Cl

She isn't a teacher, but an administrator for 3 diff. programs.  So she can limit her exposure to students.  Anyway, she is isolating at home right now.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 20, 2021, 01:13:41 PM
She isn't a teacher, but an administrator for 3 diff. programs.  So she can limit her exposure to students.  Anyway, she is isolating at home right now.

I'm sure she'll get well soon, Mike. She'll have a good rest too.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

So AY 4.2. I've read it is defined as an offshoot of delta. Apparently it is more contagious.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

SGOS

Moderna boosters have been in the news.  They have been studied, but now the various Health Acronyms have to debate them, and we don't know if the Acronyms are going to approve them or not. If they increase my chances of staying well, I want mine, but I guess it's not that simple.  I'm trying my best not to be critical.  Maybe it's really not that simple.

Hydra009

Daily cases have been going down lately, but they're expected to go back up after Thanksgiving/Christmas to a third peak sometime in January.  Uggh.  A booster would definitely come in handy.

Blackleaf

If you wear a coat every time it gets cold, how are you going to build your body's natural immunity to cold?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mermaid

Quote from: SGOS on October 22, 2021, 07:30:27 AM
Moderna boosters have been in the news.  They have been studied, but now the various Health Acronyms have to debate them, and we don't know if the Acronyms are going to approve them or not. If they increase my chances of staying well, I want mine, but I guess it's not that simple.  I'm trying my best not to be critical.  Maybe it's really not that simple.
Getting mine on Sat. Can't wait.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Dark Lightning

I'll be getting my booster (probably Pfizer, like my first) tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to ask for a test, as I woke up last Wednesday with headache, sore throat and body aches like come with a bad case of the flu. I took two Naproxen and didn't call the doctor, as the symptoms faded after a day. I half hope it was, because then I'll know that the vaccine saved my ancient carcass, or at least made the symptoms far less problematic.

Mr.Obvious

I thought i might have been infected a few days ago too. Turned out to just be a bad cold. Kept drinking honeyed tea till i got better.
I've honestly never been this long without one, with as little people we've seen the past year and a half. The imune system is back to nill it seems.
Here is to hoping it don't get worse Dark Lightning.

Oh  and the anti vax uncle of the gf caught the rona and had to be away from work for two weeks. His partner, the gf's blood related aunt who went allong with the anti vax retoric is now also quite ill. Not hospital ill, mind you. But quite ill.

They haven't changed their tune.
I don't wish ill upon them. But when they did catch it, i hoped at least it could prove as a growing experience.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on October 25, 2021, 06:47:21 PM
I thought i might have been infected a few days ago too. Turned out to just be a bad cold. Kept drinking honeyed tea till i got better.
I've honestly never been this long without one, with as little people we've seen the past year and a half. The imune system is back to nill it seems.
Here is to hoping it don't get worse Dark Lightning.

Oh  and the anti vax uncle of the gf caught the rona and had to be away from work for two weeks. His partner, the gf's blood related aunt who went allong with the anti vax retoric is now also quite ill. Not hospital ill, mind you. But quite ill.

They haven't changed their tune.
I don't wish ill upon them. But when they did catch it, i hoped at least it could prove as a growing experience.

Thanks, but I was over it by the next day. It's entirely possible that it was the start of a normal case of the flu, but I got vaccinated for that weeks ago. We're all running scared these days. Used to be a bug went around and a lot of people were sick, but in general, such large swathes of the population didn't shuffle off this mortal coil. At 69 years of age, I'm more dependent on the medical community than I'd like. Covid gives me pause, and I'm certainly pleased to be living in a time when a disease like that could just whiff my life, but the medical community is making vast strides. That's kind of selfish-seeming, but many other people are benefitting, as well. I'm certainly pleased that my wife's family had participated in an HMO (which I'm now part of called Kaiser Permanente). One hears horror stories about every medical plan, but surgeons in '96 literally saved my life from a perforated intestine.

drunkenshoe

SGOS

I got boosted this morning.