News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassia

They can't even just say he died from Covid. It's always "complications" or "pneumonia". Jesus just left Denver, I guess. He just wasn't around for all the pleading was he? There are all those football games to preside over. Ya know? Wouldn't want to let down that wide-out praying to make that miracle catch.

Cassia

This one had a sense of humor....took medical advice from a has-been rock star. Is there a way to resize linked images?

SGOS

Quote from: Cassia on September 11, 2021, 03:44:01 PM

I have an immune system too, but it only works on things I'm immune to.

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on September 11, 2021, 04:51:58 PMI have an immune system too, but it only works on things I'm immune to.
Having an immune system is a great first step in having a vaccine bolster border patrols to high alert to stop nasty germ invaders in their tracks instead of declaring open borders and letting those illegals set up shop at taxpayer expense and tear the country open from the inside out.  :P

I swear, there's got to be a way to phrase it for even conservatives to understand and get with the program.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 12, 2021, 12:42:25 AM
Having an immune system is a great first step in having a vaccine bolster border patrols to high alert to stop nasty germ invaders in their tracks instead of declaring open borders and letting those illegals set up shop at taxpayer expense and tear the country open from the inside out.  :P

I swear, there's got to be a way to phrase it for even conservatives to understand and get with the program.

Yes, yes, yes...you are on the right track. It would work everywhere around the world.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

I used to think religion was the culprit behind most irrational thought.  Now, I think stupidity is the culprit.  It's time to cast off religion, and embrace stupidity.

Cassia

Quote from: SGOS on September 12, 2021, 07:14:32 AM
I used to think religion was the culprit behind most irrational thought.  Now, I think stupidity is the culprit.  It's time to cast off religion, and embrace stupidity.
The two are basically one and the same. The result is complete lack of perspective.... the existence of the entire universe is focused just on me and my right to consume, consume, consume and then go to heaven.

SGOS

Quote from: Cassia on September 12, 2021, 08:30:47 AM
The two are basically one and the same. The result is complete lack of perspective....
I realize this of course.  Stupidity is the cause of irrational thought, of which religion is but only one example.  Believing the pandemic is a stupid myth is another.

Hydra009

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 12, 2021, 03:58:07 AMYes, yes, yes...you are on the right track. It would work everywhere around the world.
How are we so smart that we can come up with very effective vaccines for deadly disease on super short notice but too dumb to convince stupid people to get on board?  We're like First Foundation except not only no psychologists, no public speakers of any kind.

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 12, 2021, 08:50:02 AM
How are we so smart that we can come up with very effective vaccines for deadly disease on super short notice but too dumb to convince stupid people to get on board?  We're like First Foundation except not only no psychologists, no public speakers of any kind.
We have these, but they are outshouted by internet charlatans and politicians.  Our own elected leaders are a major part of our problem.  They see the pandemic as a useful political tool, rather than the crisis is that it is.  As a result, they don't do much to stop it.  Granted there is a large dopey constituency out there to play to, but there is no immediate personal gain in actually helping, when fanning the flames of ignorance is so much more rewarding in the short term.

SGOS

It would also help if we elected more intelligent leaders.  Instead, we elect Bozos like Trump, and then his cult followers try to mimic him.

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on September 12, 2021, 09:08:09 AMWe have these, but they are outshouted by internet charlatans and politicians.
Alright, if Karen on Facebook (thrice-divorced soccer mom and lover of minions memes, especially as they pertain to daydrinking) can outmeme Stefan Cockrane the third, esquire - a guy who pulls down 120k/year to convincingly make BP look like a green company, we have a huge problem.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 12, 2021, 08:50:02 AM

Don't remember a thing from the stories... but I saw a title, something like 'Is Trump the mule'? LOL We need to find a way to teach responsibility to the young generations. That's what I get from all this.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 12, 2021, 10:46:03 AM
Don't remember a thing from the stories... but I saw a title, something like 'Is Trump the mule'? LOL We need to find a way to teach responsibility to the young generations. That's what I get from all this.
I mean...he was a disgusting, clownish mutant turned powerful charismatic leader who manipulated people's emotions to gain power, completely destabilized the normal operations of an empire, put it on a very unpredictable trajectory, and brought disrepute on the basic assumptions of psychohistory.  I assume the Mule was similar.

drunkenshoe