News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassia

Hydra009

Yeah, I have a feed full of that, myself.  Herman Cain awards and leopard face-eating all day every day.

One antivaxxer even used Shapiro-tier facts and logic to argue that even if antivaxxers die disproportionately, us sheeple shouldn't have a problem with that because we're ideological enemies.  I mean...I don't like Duke fans but I still kinda want to keep them around, you know?  And as we all know, these people spread the virus far and wide before they croak.  So really, it's more like a murder-suicide situation than just plain old suicide.  (though that could change with this tidepod horse dewormer challenge)

We really could've just been smart about this from the onset, dealt with the problem swiftly and decisively, saved a ton of American lives and livelihoods, and saved the political hysterics for stuff that doesn't really matter like trans people in bathrooms or tan suits or liking brown mustard.

Cassia

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 02, 2021, 09:26:10 PM
Yeah, I have a feed full of that, myself.  Herman Cain awards and leopard face-eating all day every day.

One antivaxxer even used Shapiro-tier facts and logic to argue that even if antivaxxers die disproportionately, us sheeple shouldn't have a problem with that because we're ideological enemies.  I mean...I don't like Duke fans but I still kinda want to keep them around, you know?  And as we all know, these people spread the virus far and wide before they croak.  So really, it's more like a murder-suicide situation than just plain old suicide.

We really could've just been smart about this from the onset, dealt with the problem swiftly and decisively, saved a ton of American lives and livelihoods, and saved the political hysterics for stuff that doesn't really matter like trans people in bathrooms or tan suits or liking brown mustard.

It is a real shit-show...I have run into conspiracy people like this on the past but they were merely somewhat entertaining to me. I figured they take all the dystopian movies a bit too seriously. When was the last time a movie ever featured a well meaning government vs say a 'Matrix' or 'Hunger Games' storyline. Some of these people happened to be engineers on my teams and could barely hold back all the wackamo during coffee breaks. Intelligence is often so narrowly focused. All because you can design a 10th order FIR filter, that doesn't mean you are not a luuuuneeeebin LOL.

drunkenshoe

An unsuccessful attempt of storming some gov building by anti vaxxers in the UK. We were talking about this a few days ago. Fortunately, no guns...

https://metro.co.uk/video/anti-vaxxers-storm-government-building-covid-vaccine-got-green-light-2494929/?ito=vjs-link
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 04, 2021, 05:14:56 PM
An unsuccessful attempt of storming some gov building by anti vaxxers in the UK. We were talking about this a few days ago. Fortunately, no guns...

https://metro.co.uk/video/anti-vaxxers-storm-government-building-covid-vaccine-got-green-light-2494929/?ito=vjs-link
Who said the United States is not a world leader?  But for a successful insurrection against the government, you first need the NRA.

Hydra009

Weird how vaccination correlates with less covid.

SGOS

The anti-vaccination meme has really gained strength since I first heard of the movement, and back then I thought it was just a passing fad and a lunatic fringe.  It is no longer a fringe.

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on September 05, 2021, 07:20:54 AMThe anti-vaccination meme has really gained strength since I first heard of the movement, and back then I thought it was just a passing fad and a lunatic fringe.  It is no longer a fringe.
They've been sowing distrust for years, and it pays dividends eventually, especially when there's a large political segment more receptive than ever.  And it doesn't help that the authorities have reversed course several times now - masks aren't needed, then they are, you don't need masks if you're vaccinated, now you do, etc.  All very confusing for the average person.  Confusion can be converted into distrust very easily.

SGOS

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/05/us/covid-surge-united-states.html?campaign_id=2&emc=edit_th_20210906&instance_id=39718&nl=todaysheadlines&regi_id=129705843&segment_id=68206&user_id=33a2a6e6868fd65c48b0f219d16ed7c2

A small but growing list of Democratic governors in states including Illinois, Louisiana and New Mexico have required facial coverings in indoor public settings, but most governors from both parties have not. Several Republican-led states have blocked local officials from imposing their own mask mandates.

Gov. Laura Kelly of Kansas, a Democrat whose state has experienced rising case levels since early July, expressed no appetite for requiring masks or imposing other statewide restrictions. “I want to avoid that at all costs,” she said during a news conference at a children’s hospital that was facing nursing shortages and record Covid admissions.

Do we want to contain Covid and return to a normal economy or Not? Clearly the answer for politicians is, "Not!"  This is the most dumbass leadership from state governments that I have seen for a long time.  It's time to get rid of states rights, because state government refuses to step forward and do anything that's good for the country as a whole.  What we have is large Federal Government standing back and a bunch of dysfunctional tribal states sitting around jerking off.

Amid a surge of Covid cases, Oregon restored a statewide mask mandate at the end of August, ordering both vaccinated and unvaccinated people to wear masks when gathering indoors or out.
I don't know if this mandate was driven by intelligence or crisis.  It was probably both.  But Jesus Christ, how bad does it have to get to take some action in the middle of a deadly surge?  And why not take action to prevent the surge in the first place?

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on September 06, 2021, 06:30:41 AM

It's time to get rid of states rights, because state government refuses to step forward and do anything that's good for the country as a whole.  What we have is large Federal Government standing back and a bunch of dysfunctional tribal states sitting around jerking off.

I have never understood the 'states rights' concept.  We like to call ourselves The United States; but we have never been that.  We are a collection of 50 different countries.  But then, we have lied to ourselves and the rest of the world from the beginning.  We have never been a democracy and never acted like it.  Not all people have been free, ever,  and we have not acted like it even though we say we are.  And we are not in a process to gain more freedoms; just the opposite.  Land of the brave and home of the free.  Yeah.  Sure.  Was not and will not ever be.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Schools have started today here. Well...Things are bad, it feels like everything's gonna get closed after a month or two.

But beyond all that...Anti-vaxxers are going to incredible ends. Apparently, in some places doctors were offered 500-2500 liras for a shot -wait for it- not to inject the vaccine but open one, throw it to the bin and record as done. Yeah and how many people can't get it yet or maybe won't ever? I wish they were used at least...*Tear. What I am thinking is that if we heard about this, things probably have gone hell already. I don't have tiny bit of hope for this region anymore. Not even a speck.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

I've talked about my red neck environment in rural Virginia, where my tri county health department made no effort to vaccinate residents (the turnout would have been small), and makes zero effort to update citizens on the status of Covid in its district, while from 50 miles north in a different Health District, I get continuous updates on Covid.  It's clear, very clear that the local government wants to avoid the issue of Covid entirely, and rejects any responsibility for aiding in curbing the pandemic.  While the population is sparse, hospitalizations and deaths were at one time the highest per capita in the state, but in the last couple of months, I've noticed that a search for data returns "No data available."  Lately, I'm hearing about a few normally healthy people I know being hospitalized, but they have not been diagnosed with Covid.  Instead, they all seem to be hospitalized for some type of "pneumonia."  I am quite suspicious. I brought this up yesterday to friends, and they quickly added that it's most likely the Health District is trying to hide information.  While I try not to believe it, because it's so appalling, we know this has happened in other red neck areas.  Florida had a big scandal over it, and my area is probably every bit as red neck as Florida, and probably more so.

drunkenshoe