News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cassia on July 31, 2021, 09:59:48 PM
Florida sets a new record today thanks to the moronic governor Death-santis and hordes of faux news lovers. People still unconvinced covid is real as they lay in their death beds. How fucking stupid can one be? Stop caring for the assholes; isolate them in a circus tent and take our hospitals back for the vaccinated.

If there are future generations of Americans what will they teach about us.

To the chant of USA!  USA!  USA!

United Stupid Americans.  Too stupid to live.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Quote from: Cassia on July 31, 2021, 09:59:48 PM
Florida sets a new record today thanks to the moronic governor Death-santis and hordes of faux news lovers. People still unconvinced covid is real as they lay in their death beds.
I read that today.  Doctors diagnose Covid, and sick patients are insisting it's something else, some while gasping for air as they deny it.

I would say the level of stupidity has reached "phenomenal."  I don't remember seeing such a level so widely spread across the country.

Hydra009

Meet the unvaccinated: check out this undeserved sympathetic coverage of a complete idiot where we the media provide them a platform to spew their deadly nonsense

QuoteWith about 10% of the population saying they will not get vaccinated against the deadly COVID-19 virus, we here at The Beaverton have decided to follow every other media outlet in Canada and do our own sympathetic portrayal of an anti-vaxxer, giving them national coverage to spew their debunked conspiracy theories.

QuoteAs Shannon continued to say things about Bill Gates and growing third eyes we could not help but wonder how we had gotten here. Why were we profiling this idiot as opposed to say, a team of scientists who could explain how mRNA vaccines work? Were the hundreds of thousands of views (generating nearly 3 dollars in advertising revenue) really worth it? But then our editor yelled at us to pay attention so we snapped back and Shannon was still talking. Of course she was.

SGOS

Before anyone gets insensed, note that the Beaverton News Agency from whence the above article comes, is like a  counterpoint to The Onion.

Hydra009

Yeah, it's satire mocking actual media coverage of the dumbest of dumb while giving comparatively brief airtime to (and borderline irrational skepticism towards) actual experts.

SGOS

QuoteMayor Bill de Blasio plans to announce Tuesday morning that New York City will require proof of vaccination for people participating in indoor activities, including at restaurants, gyms and performances, his latest attempt to spur more vaccinations, according to a city official.

The policy is similar to mandates issued in France and Italy last month and is believed to be the first of its kind in the United States.
It will be interesting to watch the vaccination numbers after this.  Also, interesting will be the number of hospitalizations.  But most interesting of all will be how well it will be enforced.  NYC will be more receptive to this than other places.  Try this in Florida and the dunderheads will riot.  It may work in NYC, however.  Where I live, it would simply become a blue law on the books that is never enforced, and have no effect.

Hydra009

Hydra009

The nob on the bottom was a Texas legislator who recently died of covid.  Almost certainly unvaccinated, given his frequent orange-parroting screeds against vaccination.

Hydra009

At least one coroner willing to fudge death records to minimize covid death toll

QuoteThe Macon County coroner omitted COVID-19 on at least a half-dozen death certificates in cases where another major factor â€" pneumonia in an elderly patient or “you know, grandma had one lung and smoked all her life,” for example â€" could be justified as the sole cause of death.
"The patient died from blood loss, not leopard attack"

Cassia

What started as a virus has mutated into an IQ Test

Cassia

TV was on and I noticed the "we care, stay safe" commercials are gone and the "get out there" marketing has kicked-in coinciding with the exponential explosion of Delta cases, LOL.

SGOS

Totally independent of the facts, society has decided the pandemic is over.  We've waited for over a year now to get back to normal.  I was looking forward to it, and I went to see Black Widow, albeit at an empty theater, and I got my first haircut in a year, but then the Delta surge began.  New alarming information is coming in, but that's OK, because the Pandemic is over.  As for me, I'm back to curbside pick up, and my next hair cut is on hold. 

My Sister and her Husband were going to stop by for a visit on their way back from my brother-in-law's high school reunion in New Jersey, but they decided it might not be such a great idea, even with their vaccinations.  I can't tell you how relieved I was to hear that.  This is not the time for a 2,000 mile road trip to visit your loved ones after attending a huge gathering of strangers.  How does that make sense?  I believe we are either in the middle of the pandemic, not the end, and the worst may be yet to come.

I'm so happy that I didn't have to tell my relatives that they should not come to my house.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cassia on August 04, 2021, 11:34:15 PM
What started as a virus has mutated into an IQ Test

Oh LOL'ed. I needed that. I know it is not funny. Especially in my position. But...
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Guys, do you know the Italian historian, Carlo Cipolla? I think he died some decades ago but lived in 20th century. You might know him as the author of a famous book called 'The Basic Laws of Human Stupidity'. I'm sure you know that.

Anyway, he has articles on pandemics... the Black Plague and typhus outbreaks history...etc. I don't remember which book, what essay what dat...etc. But what's important from our point of view is that long story short, human behaviour didn't change. People broke quarantines, ran away, break every rules they can then while they knew they were going to die for sure 500 years ago, and they do it today wgen they are supposed to know better. I was going to say 'under far worse circumstances' (obviously,lol) for the past pandemics, but I think that's the whole point isn't it? What's worse when? Why people do what they do?  OK, I feel a very strong dejavu right now. I have looked at the screen for a few minutes. Did I write something like this before? My brain stopped. It's been to hot and I'm too tired. I hate it when this happen.  :sad2:
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

You mean to tell me that we must study history to avoid making the same mistakes?  I always thought that saying was a load of crap.  It's an ideal, but in my experience, we just keep making the same mistakes, and each time we do, people think it's different this time around.