News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 16, 2021, 10:07:47 AM

Biden and the CDC have said as much.  However, the flaw in this plan is its reliance on humans being both reasonable and intelligent.  Instead, the take-away among all people is that masks are no longer needed at all, a lethal mistake in some cases.  No doubt this will lead to another surge, mostly among the unvaccinated (the very young who haven't been eligible for vaccination and adults who ignored vaccination)
I'm expecting another surge.  I don't know if it will be as big as the first, but it very well might be given that the US is now dealing with a more easily transmitted Covid than we have in the past.  This time around, the strategy of easing restrictions is taking place in an environment that may be a lot less forgiving.  In the past, easing restrictions always led to bad outcomes.  I definitely believe there will be a time when easing will be safe.  I'm not sure this is it.  But we shall see.

aitm

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 16, 2021, 10:07:47 AM
The disease mainly spreads by sick people producing it and expectorating it around other people.  Vaccinated people are highly unlikely to produce the disease and you can't spread what you don't have.

So you are comfortable saying that should an infected person have a coughing fit in front of me while I am inhaling and then I spin around and exhale in someone else’s inhale that no particles have a chance of being spread? Yeah, ima pass on that thought as sciency as it may be.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SGOS

Quote from: aitm on May 16, 2021, 11:16:53 AM
So you are comfortable saying that should an infected person have a coughing fit in front of me while I am inhaling and then I spin around and exhale in someone else’s inhale that no particles have a chance of being spread? Yeah, ima pass on that thought as sciency as it may be.
I doubt that vaccinated people produce the infected particles, but they could inhale others, and sneeze out a snoot-full shortly afterwards, although the likelihood of that is that is small.  I would think handling infected areas and passing germs on by shaking hands would be more likely, but the CDC says that's not the usual way the virus spreads.

I'm just going to behave as if all public areas are a danger filled with disease, and I will walk very slow so as not to stir up clouds of the stuff, unless I see someone not wearing a mask, at which time, I will pretend to have a coughing fit when I get close to them.  And then I will grab them by the arm and act like I'm trying not to fall down, while complaining that I've lost my sense of smell.

Hydra009

Quote from: aitm on May 16, 2021, 11:16:53 AM
LOL no, I'm not suggesting that you french unvaccinated people (and the orgy marathon is still a no-go so don't bother coming!)

I'm saying that in normal day to day activities, vaccinated people are unlikely to contract and spread the disease.  Does that make sense?  Note that my statement isn't some bizarre absolute and should not be interpreted as such.

It goes without saying that if you find yourself in a dangerous area and you're uncomfortable - like a crowded elevator, megachurch, or Walmart checkout line - it's fine to mask up for peace of mind and an extra layer of protection.

Hydra009

Here's a little gem from some genius on reddit:

QuoteCovid sounds like a stupid fucking theory. Oh the common cold is the reason why the entire world turns into a gulag. I bet you believe in the bogeyman.

There is zero proof whatsoever that another human can make someone else sick. You being sick is your own fuck up from your shitty diet and shitty lifestyle.
Human history is filled with people dying in droves from communicable disease.  It probably surpasses war in terms of sheer bodycount.  And no one can make some else sick??  LOL

But as warped as this worldview is, it's very much a product of the great successes humanity has made against disease.  A lot of the nastier diseases, like smallpox and polio, have been wiped out.  So naturally, idiots look around at their relatively germ-free environment and assume that this germ stuff was never a threat in the first place.  What privilege!

Also, the diet/lifestyle angle is likely a product of decades of fitness/dieting products and advice.  "12 tips for a healthier you!"  And of course exercise and nutrition are important and do contribute to overall health.  But they're no substitute for vaccination and medication, which is where these sorts of people often go wrong.  Kale is great, but it won't cure disease.

Blackleaf

"Alternative"/"holistic" medicine is one of the biggest scams in human history. Probably second only to Christianity.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

trdsf

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 18, 2021, 04:39:02 PM
"Alternative"/"holistic" medicine is one of the biggest scams in human history. Probably second only to Christianity.
I have to go with Tim Minchin's comment on 'alternative medicine': "Alternative medicine has been either not proven to work, or proven not to work.  Do you know what they call alternative medicine that's been proven to work?  Medicine."
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

GSOgymrat

It's still kind of weird going to the gym with no one wearing masks.

trdsf

Quote from: Cassia on May 25, 2021, 04:52:40 PM
What is the deal with these Russian assholes?
Vlad the Impaler Putin misses the glory days when he was in the KGB.  There's no better way to prove the mastery of the state than to put out propaganda and have it be believed.

Unfortunately, it's America that's doing the believing.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Half of US adults fully vaccinated

QuoteThe lowest overall vaccination rates in the U.S. remain in the South, where Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana and Arkansas have administered the fewest doses per 100,000 adults, according to the CDC. The highest rates are in Vermont, Massachusetts, Hawaii and Connecticut.
There's a pretty neat infographic that shows the disparity in vaccination rates, with the deep south up to 20% behind their coastal counterparts.  There appears to be a correlation between vaccination and political leanings.

SGOS

Granted the Olympics is probably more important than the Superbowl, but Japan should have the final say.  The National Olympic Committee sounds like a group of jerks.

Shiranu

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1399762159186452481

QuoteA 41-year-old man in China is the first known human to be infected with a strain of bird flu known as H10N3, according to China’s National Health Commission.

Contact tracing did not uncover any other infections, officials said.

Covid: The Sequel! Don't worry though, China says it doesn't appear to be transmittable. Because we've never heard that one before...

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur