News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 30, 2021, 11:05:37 AM
I don't understand. What happened to those people?
Whatyamean?  These are God's children, and we all know God works in mysterious ways.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 30, 2021, 11:20:33 AM
Whatyamean?  These are God's children, and we all know God works in mysterious ways.
Some were not as faithful as they could have been.  There were also some back sliders in the crowd, and possibly some Antifa.  God has never mastered the surgical techniques that could be applied in the fury of his vengeance.  There is a lot of collateral damage.

Cassia

I can't help but pour on the sarcasm. Sorry, not sorry. It's fucking ridiculous. Getting trampled to death if you fall down typically takes a while, I would imagine. Each foot step carefully guided by the lord is only around 100lbs. Probably get stepped on hundreds of times. What a horror.

Unless the millions of Newtons (1N = 0.22 lbs) of lateral force pushes multiple people directly on top of you simultaneously and you are crushed or suffocated in a more 'humane' fashion. Perhaps some get squeezed to death against walls or fences in the holy fervor that the dear lord is so so yearning for. After all he missed out on last year's adoration because of the virus he created, poor guy. The mass stupidity of the human race is unbounded.

Will a single one of these participants rationalize what happened and realize the fucking stream of nonsense they are drinking from a fire hose. Nope. Not a one, I would bet.

ps..Text chatting with a long lost friend this morning. Mistake. Ever have one of those days when religious nonsense is just overwhelming. Out of the blue I was told "jesus would watch over me, it's OK to go to a dinner party with several unvaccinated."

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on April 30, 2021, 11:46:32 AM
  There is a lot of collateral damage.
Nope.  God cannot cause collateral damage.  He is perfect, so whoever was killed or injured was totally on purpose.  God does not do anything, create anything without a purpose. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

GSOgymrat

If you get COVID it's God's will.

Cassia

I guess all 'head bobbin' yourself into a stupor really helps humankind so damn much. Thanks for congregating a week after the communal bathing in the Ganges river. It is no coincidence 'the holy lands' are the centers of world strife and violence.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DuExaEM7cw

Draconic Aiur

Like George Carlin said "Anytime a bunch of religious people want to kill each other I'm a happy guy!"

Shiranu

QuoteIt is no coincidence 'the holy lands' are the centers of world strife and violence.

Mmmm, I'm not so sure about that one... especially historically, but even in the modern day.

In Modern history, the biggest religious war was the Hugenot Wars (1562 start), when 2 to 4 million were killed. In the 15 bloodier wars before that, 186 million were killed (using the most conservative estimations, the worst estimations being in the 300 million range).
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cassia

Quote from: Shiranu on April 30, 2021, 09:28:26 PM
Mmmm, I'm not so sure about that one... especially historically, but even in the modern day.

In Modern history, the biggest religious war was the Hugenot Wars (1562 start), when 2 to 4 million were killed. In the 15 bloodier wars before that, 186 million were killed (using the most conservative estimations, the worst estimations being in the 300 million range).
Sorry, I was talking philosophically and symbolically...as the religions involved in many of those wars all have their most sacred places partitioned off in that highly contested holy land and have spread their deadly tentacles all over the planet.

Hydra009

Handy chart about the global vaccine rollout

A couple of interesting observations: richer countries get vaccinated quicker.  And probably related, infections are down in North America and most of Europe but mostly increasing in Asia (India is certainly the elephant in the room here), mixed in other regions, and it's not entirely clear what's going on in Africa.

Hydra009

Covid hits a new global peak

Its previous peak was January 11th, with 740k average daily cases across the world.  That figure plunged due to mass vaccination campaigns to less than 500k.  Now, it has risen again to 824k, higher than it was ever been, despite the vaccinations.

It's hard to determine exactly what has caused this, though I note that India is a major contributor, accounting for 43% of new cases in the entire world.  About 2% of its population is fully vaccinated and 9% have gotten one dose.  That means that 89% are currently unprotected.

SGOS

I wonder, of those who refuse to get vaccinated, how many of those refuse to wear masks?  I'm guessing these are a lot of the same people.

Cassia

Stephen Karanja may wanna rethink his advice. Oh yeah, he can't. He is dead from Covid.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-56922517

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cassia on April 30, 2021, 04:03:11 PM
I guess all 'head bobbin' yourself into a stupor really helps humankind so damn much. Thanks for congregating a week after the communal bathing in the Ganges river. It is no coincidence 'the holy lands' are the centers of world strife and violence.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DuExaEM7cw

If the camera didn't show the black rimmed hats, but just the white ones (I have no idea what they are called), I'd think the vid was shot somewhere here.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cassia

Wondering if the astronauts in the Space Station can see India's Covid-19 pyres from their orbit. They say even teens and 20 somethings are dying from this variant.