News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassia

Yesterday India registered a quarter million new cases along with 1.7K deaths. The graph looks exponential. Talk about a potential for new variants. Usually a disease is contagious OR very deadly. This damn thing is both. This certainly is a chance for nations to actually work together for the good of all. The response by governments has been fairly myopic.

drunkenshoe

Here it is so bad, it is horrifying. We are at the top of the list... I just don't want to think about it...my mind refuses.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cassia

Quote from: drunkenshoe on April 20, 2021, 12:53:21 PM
Here it is so bad, it is horrifying. We are at the top of the list... I just don't want to think about it...my mind refuses.
Yeah, I saw that data on Turkey too. I think wearing genuine 3M N-95 masks (tightly fitted) are worth the trouble to get and the cost if you have to be around others. I bought a pack on ebay and have been alternating them each time I venture out. By the time I get back to the first one it has been sitting around in a bag for at least a few weeks. One out of four people around here refuse to wear any masks and another one out of four may as well not because they are falling off their faces.

Hydra009

Daily new cases in the world have been going up tremendously in the past few weeks.  Given all the vaccine news, I was hopeful that this was almost at its end.  No such luck.  Even the US daily cases have slightly increased despite the aggressive vaccine schedule.  What gives??

SGOS

My dental hygienist told me this morning that both her teenage boys got the virus, and both of her parents.  As a frontline worker, she was vaccinated long ago, and she seems to be OK.  One of her boys, has developed a complication weeks after he got over Covid.  It's not like he lost his taste and smell, but normally tasty things turn his stomach.  Chicken?  No one hates chicken, but now he cant eat it.  Things like that.  While I'm not a pollster, I am suddenly running into all kinds of people who are dealing with Covid, usually indirectly through family or friends.  Six months ago, this was not all the case.

drunkenshoe

I'm not around people, I'm at home all the time. More than a month ago I have been to two hospitals... E: Because my body started to act this winter. I'm in pain, it comes and goes. First they wanted to see if anything is wrong with blood works. Nothing. Just a moderate vit D insufficiency. Slightly grown liver which I have known. But my neck, my back...esp. right side of my body is too tensed, it aches and my right arm has this tingling pins and neeedles thing. Headaches...Nausea.  Even though I had that cervical disc thing for a long time, It was never like this before. I guess it's the stress and it got way worse in time. My sleep is messed up...nightmares all around. I'm already depressed. The neurologist asked for a full right side and a brain scan...and then things didn't look this bad but nope I didn't go. I don't have a chronic disease, but it will take an hour ffs. And add that you'll arrive there early...etc. I'm afraid.

Besides all that I only go out for grocery shopping. I'm out around in mins. Yesterday, I bought a couple of tees and a pair of shorts... It's started to get hot here. I've spent around 15 mins I guess. The shop was empty, I went early. I got a pair of man shorts and grabbed two tees from last year's sale which both have the same butterfly print with what I was wearing which mom'd gotten sometime before the pandemic. Now, I have 3 of the same tee with different colours...which is perfectly fine of course. But I had to get something. It's not the feminine kind of 'oh I don't have anything to wear!'. I literally didn't/don't have anything. I'm OK with it. But I'm too old to look like a hobo going for a walk, lol. In normal times I hate shopping, at most 2 times a year, and honestly they all look the same to me anyway. And with pandemic now...sigh. Why can't we just wear pjs out?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on April 21, 2021, 04:52:22 AM
I'm not around people, I'm at home all the time. More than a month ago I have been to two hospitals... E: Because my body started to act this winter. I'm in pain, it comes and goes. First they wanted to see if anything is wrong with blood works. Nothing. Just a moderate vit D insufficiency. Slightly grown liver which I have known. But my neck, my back...esp. right side of my body is too tensed, it aches and my right arm has this tingling pins and neeedles thing. Headaches...Nausea.  Even though I had that cervical disc thing for a long time, It was never like this before. I guess it's the stress and it got way worse in time. My sleep is messed up...nightmares all around. I'm already depressed. The neurologist asked for a full right side and a brain scan...and then things didn't look this bad but nope I didn't go. I don't have a chronic disease, but it will take an hour ffs. And add that you'll arrive there early...etc. I'm afraid.

Besides all that I only go out for grocery shopping. I'm out around in mins. Yesterday, I bought a couple of tees and a pair of shorts... It's started to get hot here. I've spent around 15 mins I guess. The shop was empty, I went early. I got a pair of man shorts and grabbed two tees from last year's sale which both have the same butterfly print with what I was wearing which mom'd gotten sometime before the pandemic. Now, I have 3 of the same tee with different colours...which is perfectly fine of course. But I had to get something. It's not the feminine kind of 'oh I don't have anything to wear!'. I literally didn't/don't have anything. I'm OK with it. But I'm too old to look like a hobo going for a walk, lol. In normal times I hate shopping, at most 2 times a year, and honestly they all look the same to me anyway. And with pandemic now...sigh. Why can't we just wear pjs out?
I have no magic words for you Shoe.  But chronic pain is no joke!  I do hope that you can somehow get a handle on all that and start to feel better.  Stay safe and try to stay well. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cassia

A few excerpts from https://www.reddit.com/r/COVID19positive/
The struggle is real and ongoing.....

I am absolutely heartbroken I have to write about this. My 57 years old father was admitted to the hospital on March 27th.

Just the last Friday after three long and hard weeks the doctor said my dad was recovering nicely, his pneumonia is reducing and his blood samples show good results. We were discussing whether he should come home or go to some rehabilitation centre as he is very close to recovering and I was so happy.

However on Saturday something bad happened.....(he died)....

My mom (46) got covid and has been on life support for 3+ weeks now. It’s not looking so good, she’s been having infections, problems with her blood pressures, and today, the doctors told me they see blood clots near her lungs.

I’m so so scared because.....

Honestly this is the sickest I have ever been. I’ve been bedridden for 3 weeks. In the hospital twice. Seems like I start to get better then BAM out of nowhere it all comes rushing back. After going through this I’m scared to go back to work. I got sick from someone being irresponsible so that scares me even more. My uncle died and my mom almost died. I’m out 3 weeks pay and about to get a ridiculous hospital and ambulance Bill. I’m uninsured so will likely end up filing bankruptcy.....

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 21, 2021, 09:31:04 AM
I have no magic words for you Shoe.  But chronic pain is no joke!  I do hope that you can somehow get a handle on all that and start to feel better.  Stay safe and try to stay well.

Thanks, Mike. It will come and go, and then when/if things getter better, I'll go to a private clinic for my neck, back...etc. I can't imagine paying for MRI scan though...Ouch. The one I passed because of the recent Covid spike was a state care MRI appointment, so it was free. :/ But if have to go private, I'll push it. Don't worry, I'll be OK... :)

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on April 21, 2021, 11:13:37 AM
Thanks, Mike. It will come and go, and then when/if things getter better, I'll go to a private clinic for my neck, back...etc. I can't imagine paying for MRI scan though...Ouch. The one I passed because of the recent Covid spike was a state care MRI appointment, so it was free. :/ But if have to go private, I'll push it. Don't worry, I'll be OK... :)
Ahhh...........but I do worry, Shoe.  So take care of yourself! :))
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cassia

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 20, 2021, 08:35:05 PM
Daily new cases in the world have been going up tremendously in the past few weeks.  Given all the vaccine news, I was hopeful that this was almost at its end.  No such luck.  Even the US daily cases have slightly increased despite the aggressive vaccine schedule.  What gives??
I can only speak for the US, of course, but in my observation people are getting complacent. Masks, if they are worn at all, are being used for chin diapers. Many businesses, especially retailers, don't enforce masks properly if they're enforced at all. And of course people won't get the vaccine for many of the same reasons they won't get their flu shot: they don't want to deal with the possible side effects, and they assume enough people get the shot that the disease won't be an issue for them.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

trdsf

Got my first dose of the Moderna vaccine yesterday.  The county health board has it down to a friggin' science.  I was there for less than half an hour, including the 15 minutes they ask you to wait before leaving, to make sure there are no immediate after-effects.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

SGOS

Quote from: trdsf on April 24, 2021, 04:32:15 PM
Got my first dose of the Moderna vaccine yesterday.  The county health board has it down to a friggin' science.  I was there for less than half an hour, including the 15 minutes they ask you to wait before leaving, to make sure there are no immediate after-effects.
My County Health Board is a three county low population facility.  It has done very little since this whole thing started.  I don't even get messages from them.  I also signed up at the Health Board to the north that includes the University of Virginia.  They told me I couldn't get vaccinated there, but I hear from them weekly, because I'm on their mailing list.  They are so far ahead of us, it's night and day.  They started working on the problem months ago, and left us in the dust, and never looked back.  How far ahead they are right now, I have no idea.  Fortunately, non-health board facilities have taken over. Just last week, the local Volunteer Fire Department in my town was giving out shots in a one day only drive through arrangement where people never left their cars. My town!  I never thought it would happen, when I tell people 40 miles from here where I live, often they've never heard of the place.  There is no stop light in town, no cross intersections, and just a couple of "T" intersections, and only a 45 mph speed limit.  OK, I'm disgusted with the Health Department, although I like the area  a lot.  We just have to be a little more resourceful.  I'm indebted to the CVS store 50 miles away where I did get a vaccination all done outside of State jurisdiction.  I think I've done this rant 3 other times, but sometimes I just have do it once more.

Hydra009

Family indicted for allegedly selling bleach as a covid cure

I mean, they're not wrong.  One glass of that and you definitely don't have to worry about covid anymore.

Oh, and it was at a church.  Because of course it was.  They also sell chlorine dioxide (legitimately used in small quantities to treat water) as some magical cure.  You know the saying, the difference between medicine and poison is dosage.