Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Cassia on April 09, 2021, 11:16:02 AM
From the "Reddit Positive" page....

I’m positive. I tried to search up online but there was nothing about it. I saw some articles on Facebook mentioning that wearing a mask makes it worse for those who are SICK because you’re breathing it all back in. Is this true?
If breathing in expelled viral particles prolonged illness, I would never get over common cold.

SGOS

Quote from: Cassia on April 09, 2021, 11:16:02 AM
From the "Reddit Positive" page....

I’m positive. I tried to search up online but there was nothing about it. I saw some articles on Facebook mentioning that wearing a mask makes it worse for those who are SICK because you’re breathing it all back in. Is this true?
I've never heard a medical professional say this.  It's probably something put out by the Russians on social media, because they know at least half the population will believe anything.

Paolo

Does anyone here knows how many of the COVID vaccines are mRNA-based?
Oh noes...I think I’m dead....

Cassia

Quote from: Paolo on April 13, 2021, 02:41:52 PM
Does anyone here knows how many of the COVID vaccines are mRNA-based?
Only the Pfizer/BioNTech and the Moderna are messenger RNA.
https://www.raps.org/news-and-articles/news-articles/2020/3/covid-19-vaccine-tracker

Holy crap...India is off the hook ! Just in time for some religious holy day.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/12/india/india-covid-kumbh-mela-crowd-intl-hnk-scli/index.html
[/color]

Blackleaf

I got the Moderna. Getting my second shot in a few days.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cassia

Heading out to get our 2nd jabs this morning. Pot of soup ready in the fridge in case we feel crappy for a while.

Paolo

Oh noes...I think I’m dead....

Cassia

Whew, 2nd Pfizer shot kicked my butt for 24 hours, starting about 12 hours after the jab. Wicked headache, chills, metallic taste, joint pain. I resisted the temptation to take some pain meds. The guidance seems mixed on that.

Mike Cl

Got the same brand of shot you did and the second one was the worst.  But my reaction was not quite as severe as yours.  Lasted a couple of days, and the last symptom to go was being tired more than usual.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

I get my Fauci Ouchie next week.  First dose of the Moderna vaccine.  They set aside a batch of appointments for county employees.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Quote from: trdsf on April 16, 2021, 02:29:08 PM
I get my Fauci Ouchie next week.  First dose of the Moderna vaccine.  They set aside a batch of appointments for county employees.
Moderna bros!  I barely even felt the first shot, during and after.  Relief is a helluva painkiller.  A couple days later, it was sore for a few hours and then got kinda itchy for a few more hours.

Hydra009

White, Rural Southerners Hesitant To Get COVID Vaccine

QuoteMore than 45% of white, rural conservatives said they were unwilling even to consider taking the vaccine.

QuoteThere's nothing inherently unique about living in a rural area that makes people balk at getting vaccinated. It's just that rural areas have a larger share of people in the most vaccine-resistant groups: Republicans and white evangelical Christians

QuoteDown the street at the Piggly Wiggly grocery store, Cris Weske, 43, stopped in to buy a can of dipping tobacco. He says he isn't even tempted to get the COVID-19 vaccine, no matter how widely available it is.

"Somebody like me that's healthy, with a survival rate of 99%, I don't need it," he says. "I don't want to put that toxin â€" I'm kind of anti-vax, period."
Imagine digging into a can of snus and then refusing a life-saving vaccine on health grounds.  Makes perfect since.

And the 99/100 survival rate sounds like a convincing argument until you crunch the numbers.  300 million get sick means 3 million die.  Definitely not something to be blaise about.  And the vaccine boosts the survival rate tremendously.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 17, 2021, 01:48:12 PM
White, Rural Southerners Hesitant To Get COVID Vaccine
Imagine digging into a can of snus and then refusing a life-saving vaccine on health grounds.  Makes perfect since.

And the 1/100 survival rate sounds like a convincing argument until you crunch the numbers.  300 million get sick means 3 million die.  Definitely not something to be blaise about.  And the vaccine boosts the survival rate tremendously.

These people struggle with basic math, and they seem to struggle with the concept of spreading to other people. Yeah, assuming you're a healthy, young-ish person, the chances of YOU dying are slim. But you're also passing it on to who knows how many people. Contributing to the spread means more deaths. Obviously. Do they think when they get sick, it'll stop with them, or are they seriously so selfish that they don't give a shit about anyone else?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

SGOS

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 17, 2021, 04:55:00 PM
or are they seriously so selfish that they don't give a shit about anyone else?
Bingo!

Mike Cl

I live in the last purple county in CA.  Bars and many locally owned restaurants have been open and seating people inside.  The Good Old Boys are strong here, as are the white christians.  But it also ironic that this county in one of the most culturally diverse counties in the country.  Something like 14 different languages are spoken in the county and there are something like 5 recognized languages  for the English as a second language program in the schools.  Did I say the Good Old Boys are still in control?  White christian males have a strangle hold on the county still; and we also have the latest U of CA in town.  White patriarchs don't go down easily.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?