News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassia

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 27, 2021, 11:53:58 AM
I couldn't finish it. Sigh... I think I will be in my 50s when this thing is over. Seriously, it looks like it will take a decade.
Yeah, it does seem like that to me too. Probably have months b4 vaccinations. Even when it is finally really over...it will not be the same as most of our acquaintances will be the living dead to me now. I saw what they are really made of.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cassia on February 27, 2021, 12:54:41 PM
Yeah, it does seem like that to me too. Probably have months b4 vaccinations. Even when it is finally really over...it will not be the same as most of our acquaintances will be the living dead to me now. I saw what they are really made of.

Yeah...that's become one of the result of this pandemic. I have stopped communicataing with bunch of people too.  I have deleted several numbers from my phone for example. Interestingly enough, it wasn't something about specific like antivaccination or political opinion, though I'm really not curious what they think on the subject, some people suddenly became so different than before. People I have known for a long time. I don't think they've changed. I haven't either. I think certain form of behaviours and attitudes they have become clear.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cassia on February 27, 2021, 12:54:41 PM
When can we go back to normal???  Everybody around me asks; the answer is never.  It will never be the same--whatever that meant to each of us.  Trump and covid changed the nation forever.  I think in a couple of years covid will be in the same position as the flu; once a year booster. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cassia

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 27, 2021, 01:26:25 PM
When can we go back to normal???  Everybody around me asks; the answer is never.  It will never be the same--whatever that meant to each of us.  Trump and covid changed the nation forever.  I think in a couple of years covid will be in the same position as the flu; once a year booster.
I have lost much confidence in my country as of late. I know we have been lagging most other highly developed countries in many wellness categories. I thought maybe it was just a normal down part of a up/down cycle. That we would get our shit together after dumbass lost the election. Just read not one Qepublican voted for COVID relief. Phucked

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cassia on February 27, 2021, 07:41:20 PM
I have lost much confidence in my country as of late. I know we have been lagging most other highly developed countries in many wellness categories. I thought maybe it was just a normal down part of a up/down cycle. That we would get our shit together after dumbass lost the election. Just read not one Qepublican voted for COVID relief. Phucked
Ya know I'm not sure if I feel better with the defeat of t-rump now or not.  What I mean is that the dems have a history of pulling defeat out of the jaws of victory.  If that happens again, I feel we will become the new Nazi Germany.  I cannot fully wrap my head around so may repubs voting for a dictatorship and not our traditional republic.  And they are not stopping, but seem to be doubling down.  The turtle rips t-rump a new asshole for his actions on Jan. 6--and then says he will fully support the fucker in 2024.  We seem to be a country simply hell-bent on turning the US into white supremacy land; and the general pop seems much more stupid that even I thought they were.  Hope for a safe and sane country is slipping away day by day................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

I started to think we might be going in some period of 'vaccine wars'. Without any significant amount of vaccination mind you.Here we are told 10% is vaccinated, I lost the ability to believe anything this gov declares so I have no idea...doesn't look too bad, but nevertheless heavily depressing. It's become the common existence. I've personally started to give physical symptoms.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

Lots of news lately:

The Johnson and Johnson vaccine has been approved.

Biden pledges that all adult Americans can get vaccinated by the end of May, effectively moving the timetable up two months.  I expected to be able to get mine by the end of April, but it might be possible for me to get it by the end of March.

NC cases continue to decline, it's around 2.5k cases/day right now, which is where we were in November, prior to the disastrous December spike.  5% tests coming back positive, which is significant improvement.

I went out more than normal today (definitely not going to make that mistake again) and saw by far the least vigilance I've ever seen so far (about half the people I saw either had no mask, pulling down mask to talk, or nose-masking) so let's just say I'm more excited for this vaccination than I was for the first Avengers movie.

And speaking of alarmingly lessened vigilance, Greg "Nurgle" Abbot is lifting Texas's mask mandate and capacity restrictions.  Good luck with that!

Quote"Texans have mastered the daily habits to avoid getting COVID," Abbott said.

Blackleaf

Greg Abbott is a fucking moron. Who is this helping? He couldn't have at least fucking waited until AFTER the vaccine was available to the general public before giving permission to all the idiots to stop wearing masks?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

SGOS

I stopped buying groceries at my nearest Walmart store when  a store farther away began curbside pickup, but a friend told me yesterday that she heard from one of her friends that Walmart store in our county was now giving Covid shots.  There was no public announcement in the papers, but the guy that got his shot at Walmart was in the store and noticed a sign saying shots were available.  He asked the pharmacist if he needed an appointment, and they said he didn't.  I don't know if they were following priority guidelines or not, but we both thought it was strange, because it was the first place in our county outside the County Health department that was actually giving out shots, and the County for all practical purposes isn't giving out any shots that I know of, at least in the last month.  But there's private enterprise stepping up to the plate to offer what the county cannot, and to get a shot you just walk in and get it.

I asked if the guy actually just got a flu shot, and she said it was for Covid, and they also signed him up for his booster a month from now.

SGOS

Quote from: Blackleaf on March 02, 2021, 11:53:15 PM
Greg Abbott is a fucking moron. Who is this helping? He couldn't have at least fucking waited until AFTER the vaccine was available to the general public before giving permission to all the idiots to stop wearing masks?
What's bothersome is that infected Texans don't stay in their state.  They travel to other states where they are trying to combat the pandemic.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: SGOS on March 04, 2021, 04:42:03 AM
What's bothersome is that infected Texans don't stay in their state.  They travel to other states where they are trying to combat the pandemic.

Or to Cancun.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 04, 2021, 08:51:38 AM
Or to Cancun.

I like how AOC, from New York, collects 2 million in charity for disaster relief, while our own senator just abandons ship. Fuck Cruz. He obviously doesn't care about us, but he's still going to get reelected by the masochistic Republicans anyway. I saw someone in my Facebook feed, in reaction to AOC's disaster relief, told her to shut up and stay away. That's the kind of stupid running this state down here.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Blackleaf on March 04, 2021, 09:58:49 AM
I like how AOC, from New York, collects 2 million in charity for disaster relief, while our own senator just abandons ship. Fuck Cruz. He obviously doesn't care about us, but he's still going to get reelected by the masochistic Republicans anyway. I saw someone in my Facebook feed, in reaction to AOC's disaster relief, told her to shut up and stay away. That's the kind of stupid running this state down here.

The situation in Texas should be a warning to the entire country.

https://youtu.be/Zcrsgdl_hP0

Hydra009

In Duh News, covid cases go down with mask mandates and go up with dining inside a restaurant.  Super obvious, straightforward stuff that I bring up only because there are alternative facts people who would argue otherwise.

QuoteThe study was released just as some states are rescinding mask mandates and restaurant limits.
ðŸ¤"😷

Mike Cl

Got my second shot yesterday.  Feel like I did when I was first catching a cold--I have not felt like this for quite a few years now.  Anyway, really glad to have gotten it. It was a Pfizer vaccine--but I would have taken any of them.  Nothing much has changed for how my wife and I act; but positive change is coming, at least for us.