News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 31, 2021, 03:32:58 AMGoddangnmammit
I wasn't aware that some news sites here are blocked in Europe.  I chose that site specifically because it lacked a paywall.

Very well then, googling "dodger stadium site temporarily shuts down" will get you the same basic info.

Mermaid

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 02, 2021, 10:13:00 PM
I've recently heard about another potential pandemic virus, called nipah. This one also comes from bats, fruit bats, and has a 40% - 75% mortality rate. let's hope the world has learned from the current situation. If not, we could be looking at real horror. Thank God (or the American electorate) we have a better leader in charge!
Nipah virus has been around for quite a while.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Hydra009

Hydra009

But in good news (hopefully not soon marred by the above) NC daily cases have dropped in a sustained way, nearly halved since about a month ago.  But 5000 cases per day is still too damn high.  But at least it's getting better in a real way.

The downside is that deaths have really shot up, nearly the highest it's ever been.  :(

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 08, 2021, 02:36:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEhAUn56Z_s

FFS.  You'd think we never had a pandemic at all.

Every time I think I've sufficiently lowered the bar for my expectations of people I see things like this and lower it again.

Blackleaf

Even the people wearing masks have them on their fucking chins. What good is that gonna do!? It's a mask, not a magical artifact that grants a magical effect of +10 disease resistance when worn! It's supposed to cover your mouth, AND your nose! Unless you breathe exclusively out of your mouth, under the nose is just as pointless!
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Texas Rep Ron Wright died of covid

QuoteMinority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., said in a statement Monday that Wright "emulated the very best of America, and we were fortunate to have had the opportunity to call him a colleague and a friend."

Here's him emulating the best of America

Cassia

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 09, 2021, 07:38:19 PM
Texas Rep Ron Wright died of covid

Here's him emulating the best of America

Ron won the praise of conservatives across Texas and the United States for including In God We Trust, on all official correspondence.

drunkenshoe

I have just heard they are delaying the second vaccine in Britain...Wtf?

Dad had the first one...mom is in line. Soon. Sigh...
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cassia

Had to have a tooth checked out almost a week ago. Going to see a dentist is bad enuff without worrying about catching your death. Sitting there with no mask, mouth wide open....I know could feel the little buggers landing on my tongue setting up a dance floor, their mini disco lights reflecting off my gold crowns.

SGOS

Quote from: Cassia on February 21, 2021, 07:55:36 AM
Had to have a tooth checked out almost a week ago. Going to see a dentist is bad enuff without worrying about catching your death. Sitting there with no mask, mouth wide open....I know could feel the little buggers landing on my tongue setting up a dance floor, their mini disco lights reflecting off my gold crowns.
This seems risky, and I even called to put off cleaning appointments, but then I had an emergency, and I was surprised.  Compared to grocery stores and normal businesses around here, my dentist environment is probably about the safest place to go.  Personnel were masked with face shields, I was interrogated and my temperature checked before I could be seated.  These people are wearing surgical gloves, and they were first in line to get their vaccinations.    Of course, there is always risk, and you've got people sticking their fingers in your mouth, but these are medical technicians who are trained.  Where, I get my hair cut, on the other hand.  Well, I haven't had a hair cut in 9 months, and I look like I'm wearing a Halloween wig.  I just won't go to that place.  Clients or personnel were not masked.

Hydra009

Covid cases continue to decline in NC, though the rate of decline has slowed down a little:  3k a day, less than half what it was a month ago.

Hospitalizations are roughly half what they were a month ago as well.  And the really good news is that the % tests positive is now roughly 6% after a Jan 4th high of 17%.

There is most definitely a light at the end of the tunnel.  I can't wait for the day where this is all behind us.

Draconic Aiur

So, yesterday got my 1st vaccine after being pushed into the wrong line which I had to wait an hour before talking to someone who knows what their doing. Then came home tired (because my sleep schedule is messed up) and fell asleep. I awoke 6 hours later to a body fully sore and fatigue and couldn't take a pain reliever due to information I obtained online telling us to not use pain relievers  after or before because it will hinder the vaccines goal. So a day later I'm still sore, but less than yesterday so that's a plus. But got a headache that was so blinding I ended up taking a hot shower and 2 Advil pills. I recommend only taking pain relievers if you really need them but wait awhile before so the vaccine can start doing its job.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on February 21, 2021, 11:59:43 PM
So, yesterday got my 1st vaccine after being pushed into the wrong line which I had to wait an hour before talking to someone who knows what their doing. Then came home tired (because my sleep schedule is messed up) and fell asleep. I awoke 6 hours later to a body fully sore and fatigue and couldn't take a pain reliever due to information I obtained online telling us to not use pain relievers  after or before because it will hinder the vaccines goal. So a day later I'm still sore, but less than yesterday so that's a plus. But got a headache that was so blinding I ended up taking a hot shower and 2 Advil pills. I recommend only taking pain relievers if you really need them but wait awhile before so the vaccine can start doing its job.
Sorry to hear all the problems you had with your vaccine.  I had a mildly sore are for 2 days and was sort of tired for a day.  It was much like the reaction I get to the annual flu shot.  I hear that the reaction to the second shot could be more pronounced for the second one.  We shall see. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mr.Obvious

We're only at 3.5% vaccinated right now. Gonna be a while before I get my shot.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.