News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Packed Alabama crowd ignores covid

QuoteSocial media images and video showed thousands of fans celebrating outside after the championship game, ignoring pleas from local officials to adhere to social distancing guidelines amid the coronavirus crisis.

QuoteFans appeared to party close together in downtown Tuscaloosa without wearing face masks. Images showed overfilled bars on a stretch in the city called "The Strip."

GSOgymrat

Approximately 24 hours after the second Pfizer shot I began to experience body aches and fatigue. It felt like a typical immune response and lasted for about 8 hours.

Cassia

Quote from: GSOgymrat on January 12, 2021, 09:29:07 PM
Approximately 24 hours after the second Pfizer shot I began to experience body aches and fatigue. It felt like a typical immune response and lasted for about 8 hours.
I bet you are all set ;)..however do they test to see if you have developed immunity?

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Cassia on January 12, 2021, 09:49:19 PM
I bet you are all set ;)..however do they test to see if you have developed immunity?

No, but I interpret my immune response as a good sign.

"These vaccines are very immunogenic, meaning they stimulate a strong immune response, and so the likelihood is that if you're having symptoms after a vaccine, that your body's responding incredibly well to the vaccine," said Dr. Grace Lee, a pediatric infectious disease physician at Stanford.

Mike Cl

GSO, you are in the group that should get the shots first--I am very happy you got yours.  But from what I know here in CA, and being 76, I have no idea when, or even if, my wife and I will get one.  It is all very vague---on a good day.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 12, 2021, 10:36:48 PM
GSO, you are in the group that should get the shots first--I am very happy you got yours.  But from what I know here in CA, and being 76, I have no idea when, or even if, my wife and I will get one.  It is all very vague---on a good day.

Where I live, they have started vaccinations for everyone 75 and older. At the moment they have run out of doses but people in that age group can submit their email address and be contacted to schedule an appointment when the next shipment arrives.

Mike Cl

Quote from: GSOgymrat on January 12, 2021, 11:08:15 PM
Where I live, they have started vaccinations for everyone 75 and older. At the moment they have run out of doses but people in that age group can submit their email address and be contacted to schedule an appointment when the next shipment arrives.
Well, I'm over 3000 mile from you--I guess I'm on the wrong coast. :)
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 13, 2021, 09:18:28 AM
Well, I'm over 3000 mile from you--I guess I'm on the wrong coast. :)
Virginia is listed along with a few others that are off to a terrible start.  I just got back from my dentist, and the dental assistant told me she had just got her shot, but her mother-in-law in North Carolina who is only in the older than 75 category got her shot a couple weeks before she did.  According to the Times, it's not about being a red state or blue state.  They said there doesn't seem to be any correlation there, but they still cannot explain the reasons.

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on January 13, 2021, 11:15:01 AM
Virginia is listed along with a few others that are off to a terrible start.  I just got back from my dentist, and the dental assistant told me she had just got her shot, but her mother-in-law in North Carolina who is only in the older than 75 category got her shot a couple weeks before she did.  According to the Times, it's not about being a red state or blue state.  They said there doesn't seem to be any correlation there, but they still cannot explain the reasons.
CA started out strong, but has turned into a real cluster-fuck now.

SGOS

I'm thinking it's about availability of the resource.  They just don't have enough to get it to where it's needed, and the whole world is competing for the stuff.

drunkenshoe

They have finally started vaccination here. Sinovac which is free. Ha, but I'm sure they will bring next generation vaccines to sell, too.

I'm class b1, pretty down on the list. Mom and dad is high in age (75) but they don't have any chronic diseases, so they're not in the emergency list.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cassia

Just like the flu, we may need to be vaccinated every year for coronavirus. I doubt it will ever be eradicated, become endemic and we will have a large number of deaths each winter season and updated vaccines targeting the expected variants. The best thing that comes out of this mess is the boost to vaccination creation technologies and methodologies.

Our relationship with domesticated and food animals has a big price tag, as diseases swap back and forth between them and us. The indigenous Americans didn't have that sort of relationship with farm animals,

..thus no immunity... and they paid a huge price when Europeans ships anchored in the bay loaded with continental pathogens.

Mr.Obvious

What I heard is that if they hope vaccinations will be necessary every four years or so. But even if it is yearly, I can deal with that.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

drunkenshoe

We'll have vaccination cards to carry with us when traveling. LOL... Pets: :histerical:

I like it. It's about time for the hairless monkey to come down to earth.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

GSOgymrat

Now that it has been over a week since the second shot, I decided to go to the gym. I purposely went at a slow time and there were few people there. It was very easy to maintain well over six feet distance from anyone. Everyone was wearing a mask but about a third of them were not wearing them properly. I felt comfortable and will start going regularly. I've definitely lost muscle.