News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassia

I would not be that surprised if the "pandemic fatigued" US hits 2500 deaths per day around xmas. I want my MTV vaccine.

Hydra009

Quote from: GSOgymrat on November 25, 2020, 07:45:12 AM
3. DANGERS ARE HARD TO RECOGNIZE AND AVOID:
Invisible threats are always the worst to deal with, because people are much less likely to recognize the threat and take action to protect themselves.  Tell people to keep away from open flames and they'll likely listen.  Tell people to keep their distance because some people could be infected with a deadly plague and they look at you like you're the crazy one.

Mike Cl

Quote from: GSOgymrat on November 25, 2020, 07:45:12 AM
A summary of an interesting article.

Your Individually Rational Choice Is Collectively Disastrous

I would suggest that our (as a society in general) 'need' to go maskless is actually an individual irrational (mainly emotional) choice.  That is literally killing us.  Yesterday, my wife's daughter's family had a 'Thanksgiving' dinner.  They put a picture of the gathering at the table on facebook.  My wife saw it--and it made he sad/mad.  My step-daughter is an RN, and her husband oversees an imaging lab for the local drs.  So, both are in the medical profession.  There were around 12 at the table, no masks, and included in the crowd was our granddaughter who is 8 1/2 months pregnant!  The age range of the people at the table was from the '70's to a 2 yr old.  What can I one say, except WTF!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 25, 2020, 09:42:12 AM
I would suggest that our (as a society in general) 'need' to go maskless is actually an individual irrational (mainly emotional) choice.  That is literally killing us.  Yesterday, my wife's daughter's family had a 'Thanksgiving' dinner.  They put a picture of the gathering at the table on facebook.  My wife saw it--and it made he sad/mad.  My step-daughter is an RN, and her husband oversees an imaging lab for the local drs.  So, both are in the medical profession.  There were around 12 at the table, no masks, and included in the crowd was our granddaughter who is 8 1/2 months pregnant!  The age range of the people at the table was from the '70's to a 2 yr old.  What can I one say, except WTF!!

I think getting people to wear masks is easier than getting them to socially isolate. Wearing masks could become normative, such as wearing shoes while in a restaurant. As social primates, we have a strong desire for being in physical proximity with other people. Getting people not to congregate is very difficult, particularly at events such as holidays, births, deaths, and weddings. I was thinking the other day that if my husband was in the hospital dying of COVID I would have to be there.

Mike Cl

One of the points I was trying to make is that our society is not rational. Pre trump I would have said that most of our society is rational--based in reasoning and facts.  I can see now that that was a huge blind spot of mine.  Our society is not rational and facts mean little to a huge part of this society.  So, trying to get people to social distance and wear masks  based upon reasoned, rational behavior just does not work.  The emotions and belief is what drives them.  Which is why most are just too stupid to live. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

I find it virtue-signaling that people know that individually they are smart but that society is stupid.  Sounds like a criminal mind to me?

"US students are rushing home for the holidays despite the CDC's warnings..." maybe most of the 1 million people traveling for Thanksgiving in the US.  Same as infected Chinese people traveling worldwide during the Chinese New Year.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cassia

One would think that for brick and mortar shops, Black Friday crowds will be very, very, very light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJA3gQ6jmxc

Baruch

Fat shaming now?  Shall we execute all the blondes for stupidity?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

25-30% of Americans plan to risk it all tomorrow for some turkey

Quote40% of Republicans said they're unlikely to heed the CDC's warnings against gathering with people outside their immediate household, compared to 23% of Democrats. Similarly, 35% of Republicans and 18% of Democrats said they were unlikely to heed advice about traveling.

Young people are also less likely to follow public-health guidance than older people.

SGOS

I was invited to Thanksgiving dinner by close friends.  I declined.  They graciously understood.  I believe my Republican county in Virginia, which is among the least populated in the state, now has the highest hospitalizations and deaths per 100,000 out of 90+ counties. I found an interactive map of the state, and can scroll over counties and read statistics.  Masks are mandated in Virginia, but absolutely never enforced, at least not where I live.  When I buy groceries, I assume there are others in the store carrying the virus while I'm there.

SGOS

The AstraZeneca tests of their vaccine appear to be seriously flawed, and some of the results make no sense.  This is a race with billions in prize money at stake. Cheating comes into play.  Disregard Trumps rush to approve vaccines.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/25/business/coronavirus-vaccine-astrazeneca-oxford.html?campaign_id=2&emc=edit_th_20201126&instance_id=24493&nl=todaysheadlines&regi_id=129705843&segment_id=45473&user_id=33a2a6e6868fd65c48b0f219d16ed7c2

Baruch

Just buy the Chinese-Russian solution to the problem they created ... bwahaha.  You have nothing to lose that the Elite don't already own anyway.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: SGOS on November 26, 2020, 05:44:41 AM
The AstraZeneca tests of their vaccine appear to be seriously flawed, and some of the results make no sense.  This is a race with billions in prize money at stake. Cheating comes into play.  Disregard Trumps rush to approve vaccines.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/25/business/coronavirus-vaccine-astrazeneca-oxford.html?campaign_id=2&emc=edit_th_20201126&instance_id=24493&nl=todaysheadlines&regi_id=129705843&segment_id=45473&user_id=33a2a6e6868fd65c48b0f219d16ed7c2

Yeah, this is the only reason I worried about the vaccine. I knew they would be rushing to get one out, and that Trump's administration would encourage cutting corners so he could claim credit. A little too late for him to benefit from it, since he already lost the election, but still. Trump and his ego.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

"Doctor Who Demanded Mandatory Mask Law Pictured Partying Maskless On Boat Surrounded By Bikini-Clad Women" ... doctors are political activist shits same as everyone else
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Deep in Denial:  Mom doesn't believe covid killed asthmatic daughter

Quote15-year-old Abbi Watson tested positive for the virus 18 hours after she suffered multiple asthma attacks and went into cardiac arrest. She died at Sacred Heart Hospital last Friday.
QuoteNichols is convinced her daughter’s life-long health conditions killed her, and that the virus has become political.

As someone who has struggled with asthma myself and knows full well the interplay of asthma and respiratory disease, you can bet your bottom dollar that the disease is what pushed things over the edge.

Even in the best of times, that's a seriously bad combination.  Maybe you have to call out for a few days.  Maybe you have to get on a nebulizer at 3am because you just woke up and realized that your breathing was dangerously shallow.  Or maybe you have to go to the hospital.  Bottom line, a disease that causes even non-asthmatic adults to struggle to breathe is no friggin' joke to an asthmatic person and absolutely should not be played down.

Put it this way, if ravenous, man-eating tigers run rampant in a little town near the jungle and most people escape unharmed but someone has a broken leg and couldn't escape and gets devoured, you wouldn't say that the broken leg was the cause of death and the tigers are harmless.  That's so stupid and gets things completely backwards.