News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

QuoteIt also represented the world’s highest national daily toll during the pandemic, exceeding India’s 24-hour record of 97,894 set in September. ...

God forbid, this pandemic won't turn out to be growing on a logarithmic scale.  That's my most nightmarish scenario.  I have to wonder how bad it has to get before Trump will finally admit he fucked up.  Is that response even in the repertoire of most politicians?  Trump would say, "See what did I tell you, there is no way we could have stopped the virus. 

Our only hope is to await relief from the development of a vaccine.  And where does it come from?  Those fucking scientists, who have been wrong about everything in the pandemic so far.  Trump will take the credit for the vaccine.  He will have done it for the American people by investing in pharmaceuticals.

Baruch

Proving my point .. every string is about politics, anything else is eye candy.  And of course all politics is partisan as it always has.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Quote from: SGOS on October 31, 2020, 08:32:08 AM
God forbid, this pandemic won't turn out to be growing on a logarithmic scale.  That's my most nightmarish scenario.  I have to wonder how bad it has to get before Trump will finally admit he fucked up.  Is that response even in the repertoire of most politicians?  Trump would say, "See what did I tell you, there is no way we could have stopped the virus. 

Our only hope is to await relief from the development of a vaccine.  And where does it come from?  Those fucking scientists, who have been wrong about everything in the pandemic so far.  Trump will take the credit for the vaccine.  He will have done it for the American people by investing in pharmaceuticals.
He wouldn't admit any wrongdoing even if every person in the country perished. And it's headed for a log-scale disaster, so get yourself prepared.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Hydra009

Quote from: GSOgymrat on October 31, 2020, 06:15:57 AM
Reuters - A record surge of coronavirus cases in the United States pushed hospitals closer to the brink of capacity and drove the number of infections reported on Friday to an ominous new daily world record of 100,000, four days before the U.S. presidential election.
Dr Fauci said the US could reach 100,000 cases per day if the outbreaks weren't contained.  IN JUNE.

Mr Pence said the situation wasn't that dire.

Guess which one I trust and which one I don't trust.

Unbeliever

I'm sick and tired of Trump's whining. But he did tell Chris Cuomo that he's a "fabulous whiner." It's one of the few times he's told the truth.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Georgia Governor Kemp (who sued Atlanta over its mask mandate) came into close contact with an infected person and is therefore making the responsible decision to quarantine, unlike Pence.

drunkenshoe

I've realised today -staring at a poll- that a serious amount of people where I live think that vaccination is some sort of medicine given to sick people to cure them. Meanwhile, another big group is writing and liking each others' posts from their mobiles angrily because they think they're going to track people via vaccination. From their mobiles.

It also seems to me an overwhelming percentage of the world population won't get vaccinated.

Apparently, we are also facing another big earthquake soon because the last one will trigger it, and that wasn't even ours anyway. We can't even own up an earthquake. This one will originate from a fault very very close to my home. We live on it. It will be over 7. E: I forgot to add that the country is deeply, offically bankrupt.

I'm thinking this is a good time to go insane. It's pretty neat. What do you think? Any requests, inspiration?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cassia

Meanwhile, another big group is writing and liking each others' posts from their mobiles angrily because they think they're going to track people via vaccination. From their mobiles.

I was wondering if this type of craziness is new all over the world? Perhaps people have always been this way and I was just unaware of it until cheap global communication.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cassia on November 02, 2020, 08:46:40 AM
I was wondering if this type of craziness is new all over the world? Perhaps people have always been this way and I was just unaware of it until cheap global communication.

Yeah...we were all blissfully ignorant of that.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on November 02, 2020, 08:46:40 AM
Meanwhile, another big group is writing and liking each others' posts from their mobiles angrily because they think they're going to track people via vaccination. From their mobiles.

NSA already tracks everyone's mobile phone.  I miss the days of CB, when only truckers could track you, "10-4 good buddy"

Mr Obvious, how is this related to Covid?.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on November 02, 2020, 09:52:34 AM
NSA already tracks everyone's mobile phone.  I miss the days of CB, when only truckers could track you, "10-4 good buddy"

What do I look like? The forum police?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on November 02, 2020, 09:52:34 AM

If he was tracking you, you woldn't even know. Hehe.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on November 02, 2020, 10:10:48 AM
What do I look like? The forum police?

I hear you look good in a uniform ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on November 02, 2020, 12:13:52 PM
I hear you look good in a uniform ;-)

You might see me in one in the member pictures thread. If I recall. Both in a nazi as wel as in a normal uniform. From back before Corona kept us from climbing up on the stage.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on November 02, 2020, 01:41:03 PM
You might see me in one in the member pictures thread. If I recall. Both in a nazi as wel as in a normal uniform. From back before Corona kept us from climbing up on the stage.

That is what I meant, but in a good way.  But does your girlfriend like it?  In the US there are women who have the hots for young UPS delivery men, their summer uniform is a brown short sleeve dress shirt and brown shorts ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.