Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 03, 2020, 01:58:22 PM
Iran likely cooking the books

Almost 42,000 deaths instead of 14,405
451,024 total infections instead of 278,827
These revised figures put Iran as the worst-hit country in the Middle East.

And while I'm on the subject...

"Iranian president's claim that 25 million are infected with COVID causes confusion" ... theocracies are both competent and honest ;-)

Yes R lies are more accurate than D lies ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Herman Cain:  There is no pandemic!

Pandemic:  There is no Herman Cain!

Me--belly laughs to the max!!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

May all Dems see cyber worms move in and out of their rotting bank accounts?  Put all your retirement money into Dr Fauci backed investments while there is still time!

""No Silver Bullet" - WHO's Tedros Warns COVID-19 Vaccine May Never Be Found" ... in Dr Fauci's random ramblings, he has said the same.  There is no vaccine for the Cold, for SARS, for other coronaviruses.  The flu vaccine is of limited effectiveness.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Coronavirus deaths in Iran three times the official numbers, leaked report claims" ... shut your mouth! (Southern saying)

"NYC health commissioner resigns, citing de Blasio's handling of coronavirus pandemic" ... well put a communist in charge of NYC, NYC becomes a communist city
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

I would post the daily coronavirus numbers as they're very encouraging but apparently a lot of Florida's testing centers were temporarily closed because of the hurricane so reporting today's cases/deaths would be like reporting WWII deaths without including the Eastern Front.  And lemme tell ya, it is NOT all quiet on that front.

Texas' data has also had "discrepancies", having to correct its death count twice last week.  And my state of NC has odd issues like only 79% of hospitals reporting their totals on Monday.

And I've noticed that testing appears to have slowed overall lately, dropping from 820k just a few days ago to 755k now.  Curious.

Suffice it to say that I'm getting Garbage In, Gospel Out vibes.

So, I think I'm just going to stick to posting results every Thursday or Friday, so as not to unintentionally mislead anyone about the situation.  When possible, I'll try to add testing information to states' cases/deaths.  I've found testing percent positive figures to give a much better picture of how the situation is trending than wildly-fluctuating daily cases anyway.

Baruch

"WHO Conducted "Extensive Interviews" With Wuhan Scientists Amid Efforts To Prove Virus Didn't Escape Lab" .. phrasing of that is suspicious.  Implies that WHO was helping China establish their narrative.

"FDA Expands List Of Dangerous Hand Sanitizers To Over 100" ... all part of Chinese plan
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Woman Throws Coffee In Man's Face For Not Wearing A Mask, Gets Boyfriend's Ass Beat" ... see what happens when you aren't gay?

"The Western media claims Sweden's no lockdown response to covid has been a complete disaster and failure." ... CIA narrative must prevail

So what if ...

The destruction of the world economy was planned in 2006.  It didn't quite work in 2008, mortgaged backed securities were not enough.  So they needed to lockdown the economy, so that only Amazon and Walmart survive.  How to do that?  Have a pandemic developed in China and then released into the world.  Existing nationwide experiments in quarantine should do the job!  All the world leadership are Caligula.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

No more pencils. No more books. No more teachers. Dirty looks.

I guess the C19 carnage could explode this fall. Getting those cute little rug rats to social distance is like herding cats. The South and Southwest exploded this summer because people headed indoors, breathing all over each other to escape the heat. Soon we are gonna have the Northerners heading indoors out of the cold and kids going back to school and some flu.

Hydra009

Quote from: Cassia on August 05, 2020, 10:15:19 AM
No more pencils. No more books. No more teachers. Dirty looks.

I guess the C19 carnage could explode this fall. Getting those cute little rug rats to social distance is like herding cats. The South and Southwest exploded this summer because people headed indoors, breathing all over each other to escape the heat. Soon we are gonna have the Northerners heading indoors out of the cold and kids going back to school and some flu.
We've already had some kids test positive on the first day of school.

Georgia
Indiana
Indiana again

It's a numbers game.  Some small percentage of the population definitely has it.  Pack hundreds of people in a building, you're definitely going to have a few.  And before long, it's a dozen or two.  And they're heading back to their families, to the store, etc.  You start with a few and then you have a goddamn nightmare before long.

It's absolutely vital for people to stay apart and not breathe/spit on each other for a while for infected numbers to decline.  It's really that simple.  Imho, if you have to do classes in-person, at least do it outdoors with people spaced out.  That's a lot less risky than cramming them like sardines and using them as guinea pigs.

Hydra009

Quote from: Cassia on August 05, 2020, 10:15:19 AMThe South and Southwest exploded this summer because people headed indoors, breathing all over each other to escape the heat.
I dunno if that's necessarily the case.  It started really climbing back in May, when it was pleasant outside.

While the heat may have been an exacerbating factor, it is really due to botched lockdowns and caving to covidiot pressure to reopen too soon.  And also, I dunno about you guys, but I haven't seen a whole lot of masks and they're often worn incorrectly (chin strap).

The people complaining about stuff being closed are directly contributing to stuff staying closed for longer!

Cassia

Before I left the workforce I had to attend daily team meetings in small 10 ft x 10 ft rooms that lasted 1 to 1.5 hours with up to 20 people. When someone showed up obviously infected, eyes runny, nose stuffed, throat hoarse, coughing, sneezing, blowing. honking.... I was pretty much resigned to getting sick. After an hour you just know that tiny room is just swimming in virus particles. Sometimes a day or two later I could feel my body attacking the intruders, almost like a small rush and a feeling of extra energy. Sometimes my body would win, sometimes it would lose. I never understood bosses who insisted that even the walking sick attend meetings. Confined spaces are the kiss of death. 

Hydra009

Quote from: Cassia on August 05, 2020, 01:17:21 PMBefore I left the workforce I had to attend daily team meetings in small 10 ft x 10 ft rooms that lasted 1 to 1.5 hours with up to 20 people. When someone showed up obviously infected, eyes runny, nose stuffed, throat hoarse, coughing, sneezing, blowing. honking.... I was pretty much resigned to getting sick.
Me, too early March.  I had little probing talks with coworkers.  One of them was a typhoid Mary type who got everyone sick with bronchitis then the flu shortly after.  She "cured" disease with huge doses of vitamin C and clearly was a few cards short of a full deck.  And I got one guy to open up and he pretty much admitted that he needed the money so badly that he'd show up to work sick as a dog if it came to that.  And he actually did get badly sick and had to stay home for a few days.  Before he returned near the end of March, I left for my more or less endless leave of absence.

I assessed the situation, knew for a fact that it was highly dangerous, and took myself out of that situation.  No regrets.

Baruch

Don't worry, just take more recreational drugs ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Do you think extroverts are having a more difficult time during this crisis? Being a bit of a loner I will admit that for the first 4 months I was sort of glad about how easily I could just blow everyone off. Of course I miss playing piano in various venues and with other musicians, but I don't miss that as much as I thought I would.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Cassia on August 05, 2020, 10:29:16 PM
Do you think extroverts are having a more difficult time during this crisis?

My husband is an extrovert and he spends hours on the phone each day talking with various people, which is fine by me.