News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 31, 2020, 05:47:17 AM
I like it. :) I leave some of mine in the open balcony. (They look like they're grounded sitting there,lol.) It's good paranoia, Mike. My dad is good crazy on it, I can't catch his standards. He washes money,lol. Then he is a chem. engineer and he has always been kind of crazy with certain kind of stuff all his life. He's never been a neat freak or cleaning nuts but always weird about a few certain stuff, now I get why. Same with sis, she is a chemist. Mom thinks you can recognise if someone has a chemistry background from the way they are doing the dishes or cooking in normal times. LOL

Here, market chains have their own delivery sites. But people generally don't shop in bulks here. Everyone is close to a shop -extremely close in US standards- and we didn't have a buying frenzy. Only few things like masks, gloves...and masks weren't even that long period. (Also, I was informed by the man who looks after our building this morning that gloves can be found but not in usual markets, but small hardware stores.)

I have a few big markets in walking distances of under and around 100 meters and you can't go in anywhere without masks. Yes I'm in the city -actually at the edge- but even in the country side, the distance is nowhere near like yours.

Also, here people tend to cook-make everything themselves because otherwise it is very expensive. Buying frozen food, eating take out is already limited in normal times. I know that a lot of things -esp. meat based- are quite cheap in the States.
Like your father, when I go to an atm to get money, I always wipe the bills off with a hand wipe--and my hands and the inside of the car as well. Read somewhere that money is apt to be carriers for all kinds of stuff since it gets handled by bunches of people. You have quite the family--well educated bunch!  My best dr. was a man (Tawakel was his name) from Cairo,  whose family was all well educated and highly successful.  He was a heart surgeon, but was of an age that he no longer did any surgeries.  But he knew the best of each specialization in the state and was not afraid to refer me to them if needed.  I first went to him in my early 40's and he did the initial blood work as told me if I followed his instructions I might live into my 60's. :))  Yeah, an eyeopener.  He was a front runner in nutritional applications and the newest drugs.  He knew his stuff!  But he had a rep in town as a bit of a quack--that did not bother me for my blood numbers came down and he kept them down.  I did have to have several stents, but he knew the best of the best and I was operated on by them.  It was a sad, sad day he retired and moved to Phoenix.  anyway, I've long ago passed the 60 mark.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Yes, paper money carries viruses.  You can send all of yours to me ;-)

In the US, we feed 600,000,000 people.  The Bugmen want to end that, make sure all the peasants eat bugs (locusts are kosher) so that there is a clear class division on what food you can eat ;-(

"UN SAYS 10,000 KIDS DYING OF HUNGER MONTHLY DUE TO CORONAVIRUS RESTRICTIONS" ... ends justify the means, blame Trump

"Almost 30 Million Americans Went Hungry Last Week As Recovery Stalls" ... ends justify the means, blame Trump

""There Is No Proven Effectiveness" - Netherlands Refuses To Mandate Mask Wearing In Public" ... they aren't stupid, but not as smart as Sweden

"Hong Kong Cancels Fall Election As Coronavirus "Third Wave" Intensifies" ... if HK can do this, why not the US?

"UK Academics Advocate Silencing Dissent On Climate Change & COVID-19" ... free speech in the university, egads!

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

https://people.com/politics/friend-defends-herman-cain-from-trump-rally-criticism/

"To me, where he got it, it’s kind of neither here nor there. But I wish people would stop trying to turn it into a political angle in that way," Calabrese, the editor of Cain's website, tells PEOPLE.
The problem is that it is a political angle.  But overriding everything else, it's a health issue that has become a political angle. Apparently, Calabrese is bothered when such a tragedy doesn't work in his favor.  It's not that much fun to swagger around not wearing a mask when it catches up to you.  I get it; It's embarrassing, but don't try to blame science, your opponents, or just those who wish everyone gave a shit about the the national health.

Wearing a mask is not just about protecting yourself.  It's also about protecting others from you, and that was one of the first reasons I heard for wearing one.  I'm sorry Covid 19 fucks up the economy.  I don't want that either, but I'm not the one passing it around to others so that the Chairman of Acme Corp can live in a big house.

Baruch

I am not worried about Covid.  I am worried about the Democrat commissars putting me in their gulag.  Yes, I wear a mask.  But for no purpose, I gave up robbing banks years ago ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Here is another wonderful piece of political satire created by the same outfit that produced Hydra's video.  I love these things.  Haven't laughed this hard in a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hks6Nq7g6P4&feature=emb_rel_end

Baruch

Cynicism and old age will make you free.  Truth sucks that way.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

The above video was put out March 13th, back when there were about 40 total deaths from covid in the US.  There are 156,747 total deaths now.  A lot of that was quite prophetic, sad to say.  Particularly that part about overwhelmed hospitals.  That was just a dark possibility back in March.  Now, that's a dark reality.

That 1.9 million deaths statistic is a bit off because the underlying assumption of 96 million cases is wrong, we've *only* had 4.7 million confirmed cases so far.  Funnily enough, the 2% deaths/cases ratio is also wrong - it's actually more like 3.3%.  (156747 / 4705889 x 100)

Given the "business-as-usual even if it kills you" prevailing attitude and the looming possibility of kids packed in schools like sardines, this plague could stay in circulation for a long time.  Possibly until Americans start getting vaccinated in a year or so.  Maybe even after that, if enough idiots refuse it.

Baruch

"You Can Now Be Fined, Jailed, & Assaulted For Not Wearing A Mask In America" ... America is criminal

"Florida Man Arrested For Enforcing Social Distancing By Firing Shots In Hotel Lobby" ... you can also be shot dead by deranged people
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

And if you guys need cheering up, the US is projected to have a total of 230,000 covid deaths by November.  250,000 if our wise leaders start relaxing covid-curtailing policies.  No way they'd be that stupid, though.

Don't look at the low number.  That's what would happen if the vast majority of us starting wearing masks.  Can't do that, though.  Gotta look cool.  And you know what's super cool?  Digging 30,000 new graves.

Baruch

Naw, should be 320,000,000 as MikeCL says, too stupid to survive.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Another day in the dimension of the too stupid to live. 4 months later first scheduled flight arrives from Russia to Turkey full of Russian tourists. Today we started flights to 6 russian cities! Weee!

:djparty:

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

There has been alot of writing about the safety of air travel during Covid 19.  Put it altogether and it comes out:  "If you must fly," (see how it kind of suggests don't fly); "But if you must, don't worry, because airplanes filter the air," (WTF??? so should I worry enough to avoid flying, or should I not worry?).  These are clearly some mixed signals here.  Some airlines fill every other seat and call it social distancing.  American airlines puts a person in every seat so your mouth is 1 1/2 to 2 feet from the person next to you, but don't worry because the air is filtered?  How do they manage to get the germs from the guy next to you to the filter without going past you?  He would have to wear a helmet with a space suit and a hose that connects his breath straight to the filter.

How did Covid 19 get to the US from China so fast?  Person to person transfer would take years.  It happens because of air travel, and it's well know how big a role air travel plays in spreading diseases.

drunkenshoe

Meanwhile, mom talked to my aunt who lives in London, apparently they are not even giving the numbers openly now and Boris went back to the pandemic measures before the normalisation. I haven't seen anything in the news. There are things like 5 new cases here, 3 new cases there... Then the global news, anywhere...

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

None of the numbers are 100% accurate.  Therefore Trump's numbers are better, because he is the only one without a bias.  We also know that he always tells the truth, and he never contradicts himself.  We have all seen this with our own eyes.  So you can't believe the scientific community.  They are all a bunch of liars and troublemakers.  We all know this because it's on utube.