News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 30, 2020, 02:31:06 PM
Another aspect of this disease is that a very high percentage of the survivors of the virus have organs that are injured for life.  Unlike the flu, most of the damage is not the lung; apparently it is carried by the blood to all organs and body parts.  Covid toe is a thing.  If you are lucky, you get it and then get over it.  Not with covid.  A large number get it and survive but have to live with effects all of their lives.  And we still do not know quite a bit about it.  And it's so simple--wear a mask.  But, we really are just too stupid to live.

Bad organ condition will lower the rate at which the American CCP will harvest organs.  Too bad.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 30, 2020, 02:47:56 PM
I can't find gloves. If I can, I'll wear gloves too. I wash, clean everything that comes into my space. And I don't feel really safe because we still don't know about it. I have become an expert on washing beer bottles, milk cartons, yogurt cups... lol. Veggies are a nightmare. But I try to be thorough as much as possible. I'm curious -besides all that political bullshit-  how these people feel this safe. I mean don't they have a bit of reflexive reaction at least? It should be in our genes. At least a primitive 'yikes germs!' kind of thing.

I would go with #1, cheap and good enough, unless you were working in a restaurant etc

https://spy.com/articles/health-wellness/stress-relief/best-coronavirus-gloves-253811/

A lot of stuff has to be bought online now.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Senate Committee Moves To Allow Americans To Sue China Over COVID-19" ... China should sue over the Dems failing in their "pro China" policy, letting Trump get elected in 2016.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 30, 2020, 02:47:56 PM
I can't find gloves. If I can, I'll wear gloves too. I wash, clean everything that comes into my space. And I don't feel really safe because we still don't know about it. I have become an expert on washing beer bottles, milk cartons, yogurt cups... lol. Veggies are a nightmare. But I try to be thorough as much as possible. I'm curious -besides all that political bullshit-  how these people feel this safe. I mean don't they have a bit of reflexive reaction at least? It should be in our genes. At least a primitive 'yikes germs!' kind of thing.
Ha! :))  I have a system for the Instacart orders we get--Instacart is how we order food over the internet and then it is delivered to our door.  I have a two-part gate that swings open to a concrete slab next the side of the house.  I put on gloves, get my garden wagon, go to the front and load the food.  Take it to a table on our screened in porch and unload the produce onto the table.  Still using gloves and careful to leave the grocery bags in the wagon, clean off with a hand wipe, the food packages to go into the outside fridge.  Then wipe off the food stuff to go into the house.  I leave the canned and package goods that will not be harmed with the high temps we have now.  Using the hand wipe, I open the back door.  Using the hand wipe I take off the gloves and wash my hands.  Then I bring in the stuff from the table that needs to go into the house.  We leave the canned goods outside for a couple of days before bringing them in.  Paranoid???  Yeah, probably.  I just do NOT want to get this shit.  Oh--the wagon and grocery bags are taken to the side of the house and are left in the open to de--bug. :))  I do have a bunch of safe to use grocery bags on the side of the house.  If you need any, come on over.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 30, 2020, 04:59:25 PMInstacart is how we order food over the internet and then it is delivered to our door.
I use instacart as well.  :)  Delivered right to my door, usually.  Delivered right to someone else's door last time.  The GPS isn't very precise, apparently.  I got my food after a while, but I had to throw out a couple temp-sensitive items.  They usually get me what I ordered, though there's the occasional missing item or bizzare sustitution (instead of a head of lettuce, I got a head of cabbage)

I'm thinking of switching over to grocery pickup instead.

Cassia

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 30, 2020, 04:59:25 PM
Ha! :))  I have a system for the Instacart orders we get--Instacart is how we order food over the internet and then it is delivered to our door.  I have a two-part gate that swings open to a concrete slab next the side of the house.  I put on gloves, get my garden wagon, go to the front and load the food.  Take it to a table on our screened in porch and unload the produce onto the table.  Still using gloves and careful to leave the grocery bags in the wagon, clean off with a hand wipe, the food packages to go into the outside fridge.  Then wipe off the food stuff to go into the house.  I leave the canned and package goods that will not be harmed with the high temps we have now.  Using the hand wipe, I open the back door.  Using the hand wipe I take off the gloves and wash my hands.  Then I bring in the stuff from the table that needs to go into the house.  We leave the canned goods outside for a couple of days before bringing them in.  Paranoid???  Yeah, probably.  I just do NOT want to get this shit.  Oh--the wagon and grocery bags are taken to the side of the house and are left in the open to de--bug. :))  I do have a bunch of safe to use grocery bags on the side of the house.  If you need any, come on over.

I do something like that with our local wholesale food club. I also put an order with online restaurant supply stores about every two months or so for non perishables and bulk dry goods. It's funny having commercial paper goods, 10lbs of coffee beans and a 1,000 ft dispenser of aluminum foil.

Hydra009

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 30, 2020, 07:15:51 PM
I use instacart as well.  :)  Delivered right to my door, usually.  Delivered right to someone else's door last time.  The GPS isn't very precise, apparently.  I got my food after a while, but I had to throw out a couple temp-sensitive items.  They usually get me what I ordered, though there's the occasional missing item or bizzare sustitution (instead of a head of lettuce, I got a head of cabbage)

I'm thinking of switching over to grocery pickup instead.
Yeah, the subs can be weird.  Instead of cabbage, a bag or oranges, or 2 lbs. of hamburger! ?? We may just go all pickup.  Walmart superstore here has it down to a science.  Drive up to designated spot, call the number on the sign and they bring it out (wearing a mask and gloves), put in back of your car and then sign your name to the paperwork.  You don't even have to roll down your window.  No subs from them yet.  Target is pretty much the same.  Costco here also delivers--so that's how we get our big items such as dog food (have 3 dogs) and such. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cassia on July 30, 2020, 07:17:12 PM
I do something like that with our local wholesale food club. I also put an order with online restaurant supply stores about every two months or so for non perishables and bulk dry goods. It's funny having commercial paper goods, 10lbs of coffee beans and a 1,000 ft dispenser of aluminum foil.
What's the name of the food club?  We get stuff like that from either Costco or Smart and Final.  Both deliver. 

Cassia

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 30, 2020, 09:05:53 PM
What's the name of the food club?  We get stuff like that from either Costco or Smart and Final.  Both deliver.
bj's wholesale. owned by the col angus corp, no doubt  :grilling:

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cassia on July 30, 2020, 10:30:05 PM
bj's wholesale. owned by the col angus corp, no doubt  :grilling:
Looks like Costco lite.

Baruch

"Scientists identify six different ‘types’ of COVID-19 in new study" ... one vaccine for all won't work?

"Americans blame China for its role in the spread of coronavirus, survey finds" .... 78% do.  Not all blame Trump.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

bj's is not so busy usually. homemade yogurt and bread and the garden have all helped us with tRump's virus.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cassia on July 30, 2020, 11:03:52 PM
bj's is not so busy usually. homemade yogurt and bread and the garden have all helped us with tRump's virus.
Our back yard is all an organic garden.  That takes a good couple of hours a day.  I don't have to worry about finding things to do these days.  I can spend many more months isolating.  And the way things are going, I will have to.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 30, 2020, 04:59:25 PM

I like it. :) I leave some of mine in the open balcony. (They look like they're grounded sitting there,lol.) It's good paranoia, Mike. My dad is good crazy on it, I can't catch his standards. He washes money,lol. Then he is a chem. engineer and he has always been kind of crazy with certain kind of stuff all his life. He's never been a neat freak or cleaning nuts but always weird about a few certain stuff, now I get why. Same with sis, she is a chemist. Mom thinks you can recognise if someone has a chemistry background from the way they are doing the dishes or cooking in normal times. LOL

Here, market chains have their own delivery sites. But people generally don't shop in bulks here. Everyone is close to a shop -extremely close in US standards- and we didn't have a buying frenzy. Only few things like masks, gloves...and masks weren't even that long period. (Also, I was informed by the man who looks after our building this morning that gloves can be found but not in usual markets, but small hardware stores.)

I have a few big markets in walking distances of under and around 100 meters and you can't go in anywhere without masks. Yes I'm in the city -actually at the edge- but even in the country side, the distance is nowhere near like yours.

Also, here people tend to cook-make everything themselves because otherwise it is very expensive. Buying frozen food, eating take out is already limited in normal times. I know that a lot of things -esp. meat based- are quite cheap in the States.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp