News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

I pay more attention to my county in Virginia than I do to others, and I even took a perverse pride in it's low infection numbers in the beginning.  Our population is very small and this is reflected in numbers of infections.  I quit looking up the numbers for a week, and this morning the cases have doubled and deaths had tripped.  We are not a population big enough to extrapolate national trends, except that our situation does happen to be similar.  104 cases and 3 deaths may sound like a safe place, but a doubling effect is alarming, as anyone who has ever calculated doubling 30 times knows what an astonishing result you get.  At any rate, we have now achieved a rate of doubling in a week.  Don't tell us we can't keep up with the rest of the deep south.

The national chart I sometimes look at shows that the percentage of deaths by population Virginia is now in the same category as the rest of the deep south, Florida, and Arizona, except that we now surpass North Carolina, which is doing a bit better than the rest of the worst in the country.

One of the reasons I stopped checking the numbers is that I thought they probably aren't accurate now that they have to be filtered through Trump. Yet for my small county, they are more alarming than ever.

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on July 30, 2020, 06:21:12 AM
I pay more attention to my county in Virginia than I do to others, and I even took a perverse pride in it's low infection numbers in the beginning.  Our population is very small and this is reflected in numbers of infections.  I quit looking up the numbers for a week, and this morning the cases have doubled and deaths had tripped.  We are not a population big enough to extrapolate national trends, except that our situation does happen to be similar.  104 cases and 3 deaths may sound like a safe place, but a doubling effect is alarming, as anyone who has ever calculated doubling 30 times knows what an astonishing result you get.  At any rate, we have now achieved a rate of doubling in a week.  Don't tell us we can't keep up with the rest of the deep south.

The national chart I sometimes look at shows that the percentage of deaths by population Virginia is now in the same category as the rest of the deep south, Florida, and Arizona, except that we now surpass North Carolina, which is doing a bit better than the rest of the worst in the country.

One of the reasons I stopped checking the numbers is that I thought they probably aren't accurate now that they have to be filtered through Trump. Yet for my small county, they are more alarming than ever.
To make matters worse, several of the experts of pandemics, said that for every 1 counted case, there are most likely 10 that are not found/reported.  I live in a relative small pop. county, and for months we had 3 dead and 300 cases.  Today it is 27 dead and 3000 cases, the jump being made in the last 40 days.  So, if we do the math, we most likely have 30,000 cases; our hospital bed capacity is now up to 90%.  My motto now is--just don't get sick (of any kind) and don't get injured.  During the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic, I've seen pictures of hospital beds in parks and hospital lawn----here we come!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on July 30, 2020, 06:21:12 AM

They aren't accurate, filtered thru the CDC.  The hospitals aren't reporting accurate figures, it is impossible for them to test every person every day, and they are motivated financially to overestimate the Covid deaths.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 30, 2020, 09:11:44 AM
To make matters worse, several of the experts of pandemics, said that for every 1 counted case, there are most likely 10 that are not found/reported.  I live in a relative small pop. county, and for months we had 3 dead and 300 cases.  Today it is 27 dead and 3000 cases, the jump being made in the last 40 days.  So, if we do the math, we most likely have 30,000 cases; our hospital bed capacity is now up to 90%.  My motto now is--just don't get sick (of any kind) and don't get injured.  During the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic, I've seen pictures of hospital beds in parks and hospital lawn----here we come!

I am hoping that the 90% excess population dies off, aren't you?

"UN Officials Cite Study That Finds Lockdowns, School Closures Killing More Kids Than COVID" ... close every business and school, weld all the Americans into their hovels!  The ends justify the means - says every dictator ever.

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Herman Cain, who just ran for president an election or two back, has died from the virus.

He had just attended the Trump rally, without a mask, and was bragging about it.

Stupidity kills. Gohmert, that fucking idiot Jason quoted, is also currently confirmed to have the virus and just a day or two ago was walking around with AG Barr without a mask.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/herman-cain-former-republican-presidential-hopeful-has-died-of-the-coronavirus-statement-on-his-website-says/2020/07/30/4ac62a10-d273-11ea-9038-af089b63ac21_story.html
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on July 30, 2020, 11:05:26 AM
Herman Cain, who just ran for president an election or two back, has died from the virus.

He had just attended the Trump rally, without a mask, and was bragging about it.

Stupidity kills. Gohmert, that fucking idiot Jason quoted, is also currently confirmed to have the virus and just a day or two ago was walking around with AG Barr without a mask.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/herman-cain-former-republican-presidential-hopeful-has-died-of-the-coronavirus-statement-on-his-website-says/2020/07/30/4ac62a10-d273-11ea-9038-af089b63ac21_story.html

"Herman J Cain was an American business executive, syndicated columnist, and Tea Party activist. Cain grew up in Georgia and graduated from Morehouse College with a bachelor's degree in mathematics." ... Black man who disproves Cultural Marxism.  This saves the KGB from having to execute him after Biden is elected.  Any Black man who isn't a street thug is a race traitor, am I right?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Gohmert reportedly blames the mask for his infection (like blaming the seatbelt for your car accident).  He also reportedly told his staff IN PERSON that he tested positive for covid, which was an incredibly stupid and reckless act capping off months of smaller but similarly stupid moves.

Also, one of the Turning Point USA co-founders died of covid.  He founded what is basically an online disinformation campaign and a big part of that was demonizing masks for political reasons.  Definitely an instance of leopards eating faces.

I sincerely wish these people - idiots that they were - were alive today.  But they put partisan politics over the lives of their countrymen and themselves.  More's the pity.

Baruch

Sometimes people should just shut up ;-)  But now we have the Internet and Twitter ;-))

"WHO promotes China’s organ transplant program, despite allegations of human rights abuses" ... coming to an American FEMA camp near you
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

I can only hope Gohmert keeps walking around his fellow repubs maskless. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 30, 2020, 01:22:09 PM
I can only hope Gohmert keeps walking around his fellow repubs maskless.

All out of Gulags?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Fauci Accused Of 'Misinformation Campaign' Against Hydroxychloroquine; Ohio Gov Wants State Officials To Reverse Prohibition" ... some governors are R-party ... Baby Hitler rides again

"Almost 30 Million Americans Went Hungry Last Week As Recovery Stalls" ... bi-partisan problem.  Will D/R tell the people, if you are out of Wonder bread, eat fried rice?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

I wonder if these death news are actually reported in certain circles. Or how they get reported. I don't think they are given as 'covid-19 deaths' but with whatever organ failure or complication it caused. So these idiots, like the ones over here, keep repeating and spreading covid-19 is just something like flu and there are always people who die from flu.

We'll never know the exact death toll of this outbreak because tons of covid-19 deaths were/are recorded as something else. It's done almost everywhere with similar motivations.       
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 30, 2020, 01:53:43 PM
I wonder if these death news are actually reported in certain circles. Or how they get reported. I don't think they are given as 'covid-19 deaths' but with whatever organ failure or complication it caused. So these idiots, like the ones over here, keep repeating and spreading covid-19 is just something like flu and there are always people who die from flu.

We'll never know the exact death toll of this outbreak because tons of covid-19 deaths were/are recorded as something else. It's done almost everywhere with similar motivations.     
Another aspect of this disease is that a very high percentage of the survivors of the virus have organs that are injured for life.  Unlike the flu, most of the damage is not the lung; apparently it is carried by the blood to all organs and body parts.  Covid toe is a thing.  If you are lucky, you get it and then get over it.  Not with covid.  A large number get it and survive but have to live with effects all of their lives.  And we still do not know quite a bit about it.  And it's so simple--wear a mask.  But, we really are just too stupid to live.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 30, 2020, 12:44:42 PM
Gohmert reportedly blames the mask for his infection (like blaming the seatbelt for your car accident).  He also reportedly told his staff IN PERSON that he tested positive for covid, which was an incredibly stupid and reckless act capping off months of smaller but similarly stupid moves.

Also, one of the Turning Point USA co-founders died of covid.  He founded what is basically an online disinformation campaign and a big part of that was demonizing masks for political reasons.  Definitely an instance of leopards eating faces.

I sincerely wish these people - idiots that they were - were alive today.  But they put partisan politics over the lives of their countrymen and themselves.  More's the pity.

I don't feel any pity for these people. They're idiots who got what was coming to them. It's one thing to be fooled by misinformation, but to spread that misinformation to a massive audience is quite another. My pity is for the innocent people they infected before kicking the bucket.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

drunkenshoe

I can't find gloves. If I can, I'll wear gloves too. I wash, clean everything that comes into my space. And I don't feel really safe because we still don't know about it. I have become an expert on washing beer bottles, milk cartons, yogurt cups... lol. Veggies are a nightmare. But I try to be thorough as much as possible. I'm curious -besides all that political bullshit-  how these people feel this safe. I mean don't they have a bit of reflexive reaction at least? It should be in our genes. At least a primitive 'yikes germs!' kind of thing.   
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp