News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: SGOS on April 07, 2020, 08:27:24 PM
I've been surprised by the variety of responses to to the shut down and distancing orders around where I live. Rural King, a store I frequent for garden supplies and tools, was an absolute zoo, completely unmonitored, crowded,  and a germ factory.  I guess because they also sell groceries they are exempt.  A woman I know went there a couple days ago for the first time and described the place like a State Fair, which was my observation also. 

Surprisingly, my local Walmart was on top of things, well monitored with one person dedicated full time to disinfecting shopping carts, 6 foot spacing in check out lines, with monitors watching, people wearing masks.  For some reason, I expected Walmart to be the one store that would try to slack.

I ordered pizza this evening from a place doing business through a take out window.  I waited in line with 6 others with everyone watching around their space and maintaining at least 15 foot distancing.  The take out window had a hand sanitizer bottle for people who wanted to use it.

My biggest unexpected surprise was that in the most well disciplined establishments, shoppers and staff were the most friendly, and patrons almost seemed to bond in an odd way, like everyone was happy to be cooperating with each other.  A month ago, I didn't get that feeling at all anywhere.  Rural King customers acted like no one gave a shit about anyone but themselves, and they didn't really give a shit about themselves either.  I don't know if I'm being perceptive or just seeing what I want to see (I actually like Rural King a lot).  I think I'm being perceptive because I had no idea what to expect going into this new normal.

Munch

Quote from: SGOS on April 07, 2020, 08:27:24 PM

I ordered pizza which was doing business through a take out window.  I waited in line with 6 others with everyone watching around their space and maintaining at least 15 foot distancing.  The take out window had a hand sanitizer bottle for people who wanted to use it.

my boyfriend ordered a pizza to his house. When it came the driver rang the bell, but by the time he answered the driver had already gotten in the car and driving off.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SGOS

I'm too far out of town for pizza delivery.  But that would be a good way to do it.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Munch on April 07, 2020, 08:25:13 PM
just realized the context of that last picture I posted, does make more sense now in context.

https://eu.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/04/07/wisconsinites-vote-midst-coronavirus-pandemic/2960420001/

I dunno whats more crazy though, the people lining up to vote, or the fact they didn't make the voting online.
Then again with the way the laws work in america and voting its no surprise.
the repubs know that the fewer people who vote, the bigger their chance is to win.  Which is why so many repub run states and the senate  try so hard to limit voting. One of the reasons they get away with it is that the orange monster has packed the courts with is supporters and they support the reduction of the voting public.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 07, 2020, 08:58:05 PM
the repubs know that the fewer people who vote, the bigger their chance is to win.  Which is why so many repub run states and the senate  try so hard to limit voting. One of the reasons they get away with it is that the orange monster has packed the courts with is supporters and they support the reduction of the voting public.

Joe Biden was in favour of Wisconsin holding their elections as well, so it's not strictly a Rep-Dem issue, despite the Republicans having a long tradition of supporting voter suppression and election interference.

One more reason I refuse to vote for Biden in the coming election; his handling of this has been fucking awful. As soon as SHTF, he disappeared for a good week or two and only recently has started to make comments (which haven't been particularly great comments either). A leader he is not.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on April 07, 2020, 10:18:06 PM
One more reason I refuse to vote for Biden in the coming election; his handling of this has been fucking awful. As soon as SHTF, he disappeared for a good week or two and only recently has started to make comments (which haven't been particularly great comments either). A leader he is not.

Hey, least you know the same feeling most people had for the Labour party here and Jeremy anti-jew Corbin.

Waiting to see how this new guy holds up now they got rid of that twat.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on April 07, 2020, 11:02:44 PM
Hey, least you know the same feeling most people had for the Labour party here and Jeremy anti-jew Corbin.

Yeah from what I remember seeing of him, which is admittedly not a lot, he seemed incredibly not likeable.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on April 07, 2020, 08:25:13 PM
just realized the context of that last picture I posted, does make more sense now in context.

https://eu.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/04/07/wisconsinites-vote-midst-coronavirus-pandemic/2960420001/

I dunno whats more crazy though, the people lining up to vote, or the fact they didn't make the voting online.
Then again with the way the laws work in america and voting its no surprise.

Voting by mail does work (often done by military), and is reliable (hard to fudge).  With mail-in voting you can vote early too.  Electronic voting is "cool" but easy to fudge.  In my old precinct, we always had paper ballots marked with indelible ink, not chad cards (though I have lived in precincts with those too, the infamous system that broke down in Florida in 2000).  There are 3000 counties in the US, each one its own Greek city-state ;-)  So there is only approximate uniformity.  Lining up to vote (on the day of the election vs voting early in person) has been broken for two generations.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on April 07, 2020, 10:18:06 PM
Joe Biden was in favour of Wisconsin holding their elections as well, so it's not strictly a Rep-Dem issue, despite the Republicans having a long tradition of supporting voter suppression and election interference.

Dems support dead voting and illegals voting, and multiple voting in more than one precinct.  Disgusting creatures ;-)

Both Dem candidates and Trump, are in the endangered category.  We are lucky to see them at all (Profiles in Courage).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

I wonder how many Christians speak in tongues, wave their hands around and roll around on the floor when they are alone in the privacy of their homes.

https://youtu.be/HNI8r7vUkFY

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on April 07, 2020, 11:02:44 PM

I hear Keir Starmer was a bit of a bastard when a prosecutor.  Like Kamala Harris here in the US.  One can be "too tough on crime".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on April 07, 2020, 11:56:40 PM
I wonder how many Christians speak in tongues, wave their hands around and roll around on the floor when they are alone in the privacy of their homes.

IMHO this is mostly a group psychology thing, unless families hold their own Revival meetings ;-)

Pentecostalism and Charismatic worship is a 20th century revival of something genuine from the NT, unlike the statist bureaucracy of the Vatican.  Don't mean you should like it, but this goes back to witch doctor prehistory.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: GSOgymrat on April 07, 2020, 11:56:40 PM
I'd like to marry this woman, except I'd be afraid she'd rip me a new one every time I pissed her off.  But she does make a great Church Lady.

SGOS

"Covered in the Blood of Jesus" has made quite an impression nationwide.  It's not exactly the bumper sticker a sane person wants on their car.

Baruch

Non-US Covid News:

"Coronavirus Cases Pass 1.4 Million As Scientists Discover Reinfection Risk For Patients Much Higher Than Expected" ... infection more complicated than simple models.

"Here Comes The Second Wave: Wuhan Lockdown Ends And Tens Of Thousands Are About To Flee The City" ... at least they can't go on tour outside of China.

"China Forces Italy To Buy Back PPE It 'Donated'" ... not only did China charge for the stuff they "gave" to Italy, part of it was PPE previously donated to Wuhan by Italy.

"Putin Tested Regularly For COVID-19, Controversially Resumes In-Person Meetings" ... came clean from previous scare.  Pelosi disappointed?

US Covid News:

"More People Died Of Suicide Last Week In Tennessee Than COVID-19" ... part of the master plan?

"Government To Decide What Items Are Essential Purchases And What Things You're Not Allowed To Buy" ... starting in Vermont.  The government gets to decide what you buy at the grocery store.  Definitely part of the master plan.  When push comes to shove ... there isn't much difference between the US and the USSR.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.