Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: Munch on April 07, 2020, 06:06:34 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fLfd4UpC3Fs

Interesting way of thinking about things. All the recycling and protests and half baked ideas for helping the enviroment hadn't done Jack shit compared to what a pandemic can bring.

Sort of like mother natures way of saying "oh, I know you think your helping dear, but its time we do this the proper way"
Notice that the last words in video were, "the positive environmental effects of the virus will likely only be temporary."  The obvious reason is that once the virus danger is past, we will go back to polluting the environment at the previous rate.  The reason that environmental protests and environmental laws that have been passed haven't done Jack Shit to protect the environment, is because they are meaningless political responses often written by corporations that are inadequate.  If they were adequate, they would have an effect, and people wouldn't protest.  Recycling makes people feel good about doing it, but it barely scratches the surface of our environmental problems.

Like that one guy said in the video, the virus is his main concern because the deaths can be quantified, where deaths from global warming cannot be.  But that's only because global warming hasn't really happened yet.  On a shortened global warming timeline that compares to the virus, we are at the beginning in global warming, much like where we were when China covered up the deaths when a few people were dying.  We won't even get to the part of the timeline where the president of the US is still in denial and acting like it won't happen here.  That's still 80 years down the road, and we will still be arguing over who's to blame.

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on April 07, 2020, 08:41:04 AM
Notice that the last words in video were, "the positive environmental effects of the virus will likely only be temporary."  The obvious reason is that once the virus danger is past, we will go back to polluting the environment at the previous rate.
But now researchers have a basis for comparison - they now what the situation on the ground is like with and without people.  They don't have to simulate anything because we've done that experiment irl.  Now we know for a fact what's human-caused and what's not.  Hopefully, that knowledge will be used to communicate to policy leaders exactly what they need to do to achieve certain environmental objectives.

trdsf

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Love those Russiagate/Ukrainegate misinformation lawsuits.

CCP lied about the virus.  WHO under control of CCP, furthered CCP lies.  Dr Fauci (friend of Hillary, wrong about AIDS in the past) under the control of the WHO, is recorded saying that the virus is no big deal.  China sends 8K tourists to the US per day in Dec/Jan.  Trump relies on Fauci's opinions.

So Dems are shills for CCP, are traitors.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on April 07, 2020, 02:18:30 PM
https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/coronavirus-foreign-office-travel-advice-warning-fco-uk-government-a9448986.html?amp

I think the term 'indefinitely' scares people, and even creates a belief that it means 'dead forever'.

Best not to think of conspiracy theories now.  The crisis is too real.  We can't guess the correct diabolical scheme anyway.

Best wrong theory is ... everyone will have to have the "vaccine" courtesy of Bill Gates.  And be chipped.  Otherwise you can't go to work, or travel outside of your local area.  "Revelations" like "1984" and "Animal Farm" aren't fiction, they are guides (in the collective unconscious of the West).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Denmark and Austria are first to loosen their lockdowns (not counting China, which may have done so prematurely).

New deaths each day has peaked in Italy, Spain and UK.  US may or may not have peaked, because of NY and NJ.  So basically, with lockdowns, the cycle has been a 6 week cycle ... 3 weeks getting worse, and presumably 3 weeks getting better (but smaller number of deaths ongoing for a long time).  So not the Black Death, but there may be seasonal waves of this later this year.

Anti-human nihilists disappointed ... humanity will not be extinct this year.

Anti-capitalist collectivists disappointed ... remains to be seen if Yang Gang/Bernie Bros becomes the new normal.

Anti-democracy authoritarians disappointed ... remains to be seen if temporary tyranny is reversed.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Just checking in to let you all know that I'm still doing fine. No virus yet, have not been tested, but I'm keeping well away from people, except at the grocery store.

I heard a Christian lady just out of a church service say she's not at all concerned because she is covered in the blood of Jesus.

Library is still closed, but I'll check in again when I can.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 07, 2020, 04:47:20 PM
I heard a Christian lady just out of a church service say she's not at all concerned because she is covered in the blood of Jesus.

Glad you are well. I overheard a coworker say she was "covered in the blood of Jesus." It seems to be the new Christian coronavirus catchphrase.

Baruch

"Paris Bans Exercise As Lockdown Tightens" ... French love to walk the "chien" as much as the British love to walk the "dog".

"CNN Suggests Wearing A Face-Mask In Public Is Racist" ... they aren't Left, they are insane.  Same for the usual suspect MSM in GB.

"Burglaries, Thefts Up More Than 75% In Major Cities Amid Coronavirus Lockdown" ... the police are busy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 07, 2020, 04:47:20 PM
Just checking in to let you all know that I'm still doing fine. No virus yet, have not been tested, but I'm keeping well away from people, except at the grocery store.

Library is still closed, but I'll check in again when I can.
glad you are well-stay safe--and stay away from that christian blood.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 07, 2020, 04:47:20 PMI heard a Christian lady just out of a church service say she's not at all concerned because she is covered in the blood of Jesus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KryntbtoLLU

Munch

just realized the context of that last picture I posted, does make more sense now in context.

https://eu.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/04/07/wisconsinites-vote-midst-coronavirus-pandemic/2960420001/

I dunno whats more crazy though, the people lining up to vote, or the fact they didn't make the voting online.
Then again with the way the laws work in america and voting its no surprise.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SGOS

I've been surprised by the variety of responses to to the shut down and distancing orders around where I live. Rural King, as] store I frequent for garden supplies and tools, was an absolute zoo, completely unmonitored, crowded,  and a germ factory.  I guess because they also sell groceries they are exempt.  A woman I know went there a couple days ago for the first time and described the place like a State Fair, which was my observation also. 

Surprisingly, my local Walmart was on top of things, well monitored with one person dedicated full time to disinfecting shopping carts, 6 foot spacing in check out lines, with monitors watching, people wearing masks.  For some reason, I expected Walmart to be the one store that would try to slack.

I ordered pizza which was doing business through a take out window.  I waited in line with 6 others with everyone watching around their space and maintaining at least 15 foot distancing.  The take out window had a hand sanitizer bottle for people who wanted to use it.

My biggest unexpected surprise was that in the most well disciplined establishments, shoppers and staff were the most friendly, and patrons almost seemed to bond in an odd way, like everyone was happy to be cooperating with each other.  A month ago, I didn't get that feeling at all anywhere.  Rural King customers acted like no one gave a shit about anyone but themselves, and they didn't really give a shit about themselves either.  I don't know if I'm being perceptive or just seeing what I want to see (I acutally like Rural King a lot).  I think it's the first because I had no idea what to expect going into this new normal.