News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Boris was apparently moved to ICU today. Not a great sign.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

I'm certain their get control of it.

Meanwhile a word from our sponsor

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2MvbkehQqOY

Update, my mum was in tears hearing about Boris being in intensive care. I gave her a hug and reassured her they will have a top team working on him
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

GSOgymrat

An update:

The procedure at work was to wear masks while interacting with patients but starting tomorrow ALL staff is required to wear masks at all times (I will be shaving off my beard). Everyone is completing an online screening each day before coming to work and a couple of people in my department have been told not to come to work for at least 72 hours. More tele-health equipment is being installed to minimize personal interactions. The hospital is also creating additional shower facilities so more staff can shower and change clothes before returning home. All hospital projects not related to COVID-19 are on hold and all departments are to support the COVID-19 response directly or indirectly.

Total COVID-19 cases in NC: last Monday=1213, Today=2585

Number of COVID-19 patients in our hospital: last Monday=5, today=19

Hydra009

Quote from: GSOgymrat on April 06, 2020, 08:10:03 PMTotal COVID-19 cases in NC: last Monday=1213, Today=2585

Number of COVID-19 patients in our hospital: last Monday=5, today=19
3K as of this afternoon.  Though even that is probably underreported because some counties (like Wake) will no longer test people with mild symptoms.

I'm bracing for it to peak in a week or two.  We may "only" get 500 deaths statewide.  That's compared to the earlier projection of 2,400 deaths.  Staying at home is working!

Baruch

I want a Dalek for my neighborhood ;-)

"Wisconsin Supreme Court Sides With Biden, Rules State's Tuesday Vote Should Proceed As Planned" ... don't think this is a Biden thing, but lawyers aren't doctors, are they?

"NYT Op-Ed Calls For People To Stop Using Toilet Paper" ... NYT is a bad substitute for toilet paper

"Fired Navy Carrier Captain Who Penned Leaked Letter Tests Positive For COVID-19" ... guess he was right to be concerned

"China's Tourist Sites Overwhelmed With Crowds After Emerging From Lockdown" ... sumting wong

"Here Comes Round Two: China Just Reported The Most New Covid Cases In A Month" ... see previous item

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

A friend is telling me that this stupid quarantine is making finding LSD a pain in the ass...

They also made the mistake of living in a state which still criminalizes recreational pot.

Very sad times for them :(.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

It's almost as if the profit motive and providing/receiving good medical care are working against each other.  Which one should we keep?

Baruch

KKR is the guilty party on cutting salaries in their hospital division.  They learned nothing from Mr Skreli.

Traditionally, if you want non-profit medicine, churches cover that.  Know an atheist-only hospital?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 06, 2020, 10:46:58 PM
It's almost as if the profit motive and providing/receiving good medical care are working against each other.  Which one should we keep?

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 06, 2020, 10:46:58 PM

We are in a pandemic, when medical care is more important than ever, and they turn the administration over to the bean counters.  If I understood why, maybe it wouldn't be so disappointing.  What is happening is what the Republicans say would happen if we had Universal healthcare.  So what's so great about pay as you go, if it means you can't get help?

Shiranu

QuoteIf I understood why, maybe it wouldn't be so disappointing.

Because the bean counters (or their bosses) pay their checks, not the commoners.

Munch

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fLfd4UpC3Fs

Interesting way of thinking about things. All the recycling and protests and half baked ideas for helping the enviroment hadn't done Jack shit compared to what a pandemic can bring.

Sort of like mother natures way of saying "oh, I know you think your helping dear, but its time we do this the proper way"
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on April 07, 2020, 04:09:33 AM
We are in a pandemic, when medical care is more important than ever, and they turn the administration over to the bean counters.  If I understood why, maybe it wouldn't be so disappointing.  What is happening is what the Republicans say would happen if we had Universal healthcare.  So what's so great about pay as you go, if it means you can't get help?

If we had universal healthcare, we would be like the EU (rule by unelected committee), not like the UK, unless you want to volunteer to be our Queen ;-)

Most institutions are barely able to handle the day-to-day ... finance is based on this too.  Grocery stores usually make about 1% average profit.

Neither individuals nor institutions are designed to take on unexpected events.  They can't even handle contingency plans that have been around since 2003 in the US for example.  Sad but true.  The military practices the plan.  Need anything blown up?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on April 07, 2020, 05:27:40 AM
Because the bean counters (or their bosses) pay their checks, not the commoners.

That is how a pyramid works.  Now get back to work on my giant tomb!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on April 07, 2020, 06:06:34 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fLfd4UpC3Fs

Interesting way of thinking about things. All the recycling and protests and half baked ideas for helping the enviroment hadn't done Jack shit compared to what a pandemic can bring.

Sort of like mother natures way of saying "oh, I know you think your helping dear, but its time we do this the proper way"

Correct.  But doomsday cultists are never satisfied.  Liberals = bitch all day, expect the government to do something, but do nothing themselves.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.