News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jAGiyTq5A4w

It's already starting, it's not just on sites like Ebay where people are price gouging items, its chains themselves due to suppliers increased costs
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SGOS

I took a drive yesterday.  It's a real Twilight Zone feel.  Some stores are still open, ones that I'm not sure why.  Most non essentials seem in compliance.  But it's not like anything I have seen before.  Some business will undoubtedly go bankrupt.  I don't think the bailout can restore all the damage that will happen, and of course it will include exceptions and typical government fiddling to make sure the money is not distributed fairly.  I expect a big money grab, because there's going to be a lot of money on the table, and greedy people are going to figure out how to get their hands on it.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on March 31, 2020, 08:27:29 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j

Jiggering just one end of the supply chain, doesn't manage things.  It is too complex for a democratic government to micromanage, or a communist one either.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

How to spend two trillion in two weeks?

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/the-anatomy-of-the-2-trillion-covid-19-stimulus-bill/

Not counting the four trillion temporary credit relief for the finance/banking sector done earlier.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Non-US Covid News:

"Chinese Biological Experiments To Infect Humans With Coronavirus Exposed In 2015 By Italian State Media" ... and UK, US and Russia.

""This Could Turn Violent" - Italian Officials Fear South Turning Into A Powder Keg" ... wait until you see millions of starving (armed) Americans.

"UK Drug Dealer: People Are "Panic-Buying" Cocaine And Weed To Cope With COVID-19 Lockdown" ... y'all can't even hop over to Amsterdam or Lisbon?

"How "Progressive" Ideology Led To COVID-19 Catastrophe In Spain" ... like "hug a Chinese person" in Italy?

"China Shuts Down All Cinemas, As Scientists Fear Second Coronavirus Wave" ... told you so ;-(

"Sweden's Approach To Coronavirus: Do Nothing" ... just like they did with their immigrant crisis?

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

US Covid News:

"Execs Scramble To Buy Spyware To Keep Tabs On 'Locked-Down' Employees" ... this was true at your normal place of work

"Hydroxychloroquine Prescriptions Triple Overnight Following FDA Approval" ... Orange Man Bad?

"Retailers Prepare For Civil Unrest; Boarded-Up Stores Seen From SoHo To Beverly Hills" ... oh the agony, will nobody save the Valley Girls?

"Pentagon Confirms Over 1,000 COVID-19 Cases Among Military, Orders Bases To Stop Public Reporting" ... I have friends in the middle of this.  Sure, young people are not in any danger!

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Media News:

"CBS NEWS RECYCLES ITALIAN HOSPITAL FOOTAGE, PRETENDS IT'S FROM NYC" ... the Italian style coffins in the makeshift morgue was a giveaway.

Walter Cronkite and Eric Sevareid roll in their graves.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Today we had the first COVID-19 death in the hospital where I work. Yesterday there were 5 COVID patients in the hospital and today there are 12 with 11 intubated. Here we go.

Munch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on March 31, 2020, 05:24:54 PM
Today we had the first COVID-19 death in the hospital where I work. Yesterday there were 5 COVID patients in the hospital and today there are 12 with 11 intubated. Here we go.

Stay safe! Your doing an amazing job.

Munch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbO-4KJQQDA

Jessica Meir talks about life on the international space station, and at one point gives some real perspective on what its like, hearing about the corona virus on earth below them.
It gives an interesting perspective, they are all up their in confined quarters on the space station, needing to follow routines and regulations to remain sane and active, they can't go outside, but they manage to do their job and keep themselves held together.

If people floating hundreds of miles above earth can maintain themselves and keep themselves going though routine, helped by technology, then what excuse to people down on earth have to keep themselves from going outside unless really needing to?

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on March 31, 2020, 05:24:54 PM

Hang in there (positive) and your patients will do the best.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Careless handling of infectious diseases, at least ...

https://news.yahoo.com/suspected-sars-virus-and-flu-found-in-luggage-fbi-report-describes-chinas-biosecurity-risk-144526820.html

Doctors in the US were doing this with anthrax samples in 2001.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

How is Covid actually moving and mutating?

https://nextstrain.org/ncov

Hence ...

China Starts Publishing Data On "Asymptomatic" Cases As Fears Of 'Second Wave' Grow
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Supplies Are Starting To Get Really Tight Nationwide As Food Distribution Systems Break Down" ... in the US.  What if most truckers get sick?  When most food gets to your grocery store by truck?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on March 31, 2020, 08:51:05 PM
"Supplies Are Starting To Get Really Tight Nationwide As Food Distribution Systems Break Down" ... in the US.  What if most truckers get sick?  When most food gets to your grocery store by truck?

I read somewhere whats happening in amazon warehouses is putting more stress on the underpaid and mistreated workers more then any other time in the companies history.

First time I kinda wish robots had been advanced enough to carry out all these tasks. Least managers don't demean and underpay robots.