News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLCVdJlAIgA

Gamestops handling of its employees during this, coupled with their delusional belief their essential, in a time of online gaming.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

trdsf

Quote from: Shiranu on March 23, 2020, 08:07:05 PM
I also hope the government cracks down extremely harshly on people who hoarded necessary supplies and tried to resell them at heavily marked up prices.
I know the brothers in Tennessee who bought 17,000 bottles of hand sanitizer so he could sell them at obscene markup were forced to donate the lot, since the alternative was a very unpleasant prosecution under the local anti-gouging law.  They won't say how much money they lost (and I don't use hand sanitizer, so I don't know what they normally cost anyway).  All I can say is the more, the better.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Munch on March 24, 2020, 12:04:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLCVdJlAIgA

Gamestops handling of its employees during this, coupled with their delusional belief their essential, in a time of online gaming.

The idea that Gamestop retail stores are an essential business during a pandemic is a ridiculous. Their retail stores aren't even necessary outside a pandemic because hardware can be shipped and software downloaded. Gamestop executives have a reputation for treating their employees poorly in the best of times.

Hydra009

GameStop is essentially a pawn shop specializing in used video games.  It never was an essential anything and tried to stay open only because their business model is failing and they desperately need every dollar they can get.  Their future is bankruptcy and everyone knows it.

Hydra009

Washington state issued a two-week stay-at-home order.

This probably would have been more helpful if they had done this weeks ago, before spreading it to pretty much the entire country.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on March 23, 2020, 08:48:04 PM
Some people always need someone to blame.

Spit On, Yelled At, Attacked: Chinese-Americans Fear for Their Safety

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/spit-on-yelled-at-attacked-chinese-americans-fear-for-their-safety/ar-BB11AEg5?ocid=msedgntp

... As the coronavirus upends American life, Chinese-Americans face a double threat. Not only are they grappling like everyone else with how to avoid the virus itself, they are also contending with growing racism in the form of verbal and physical attacks. Other Asian-Americans â€" with families from Korea, Vietnam, the Philippines, Myanmar and other places â€" are facing threats, too, lumped together with Chinese-Americans by a bigotry that does not know the difference.

In interviews over the past week, nearly two dozen Asian-Americans across the country said they were afraid â€" to go grocery shopping, to travel alone on subways or buses, to let their children go outside. Many described being yelled at in public â€" a sudden spasm of hate that is reminiscent of the kind faced by American Muslims and other Arabs and South Asians after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

But unlike in 2001, when President George W. Bush urged tolerance of American Muslims, this time President Trump is using language that Asian-Americans say is inciting racist attacks.

Mr. Trump and his Republican allies are intent on calling the coronavirus “the Chinese virus,” rejecting the World Health Organization’s guidance against using geographic locations when naming illnesses, since past names have provoked a backlash.

Mr. Trump told reporters on Tuesday that he was calling the virus “Chinese” to combat a disinformation campaign by Beijing officials saying the American military was the source of the outbreak. He dismissed concerns that his language would lead to any harm.

“If they keep using these terms, the kids are going to pick it up,” said Tony Du, an epidemiologist in Howard County, Md., who fears for his son, Larry. “They are going to call my 8-year-old son a Chinese virus. It’s serious.” ...

My family and I have had no fear of Asians or ME people, or their restaurants.  Ever.  We don't do that sort of thing.  So ... Trump supporters are robots?  Are Bernie Bros robots too?  Red Robots?  So there ... my ultra virtue signaling.  I await my sainthood from Leon Trotsky (who invented "racism" as a term).

Yes, there is disinformation .. by all governments, all the time.  Not just China.  It is part of what they do.  But I wouldn't nuke China over that, even if this was an accidentally released bio-weapon.  I don't think it is possible to know, from here, if it was deliberately released as a false flag world war III.  People didn't know the consequences of an assassination in Sarajevo, at the time.  Of course it is possible that this is a natural event (as has happened with the pigs in China last year and many other times in history).

Ah, the Japanese and Germans and Italians had hurt feelings in WW II?  Non-US citizens and naturalize US citizens were feared during WW II?  If the whole world isn't Gandhi (and he was an asshole) then we should all die of Identity politics then?  People should realize that life is unfair, and most people hate you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on March 23, 2020, 11:52:33 PM
Calling it the chinese virus is stupid.

But it did originate from china.

Being angry and pissed off at the country of china and its communist ways and allowing what it does to animals in wet markets, its fine to be pissed off and angry that them, as such things need to be called out

But those living outside of china away from such a system shouldn't have to suffer this.

Unless their all for the slaughter and consumption of dogs too in which case all bets are off. Dogs are better people then human beings.

Well, y'all been nationalized and locked down, by Boris "Jeremy Corbyn" Johnson.  GB is too Left and too Tyrannical even in normal times?  In the US we have state-specific tyranny and crony capitalism (first two phases passed without trouble).  The third phase (which you are getting in GB) is held up by good-cop/bad-cop in the US Senate (so the ordinary guy won't be helped ... same as in 2008/2009).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PopeyesPappy

On Twitter this morning

QuoteThe best way for an average American to get a COVID-19 test is cough in a rich person's face then wait for their test results.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Hydra009

https://covidactnow.org/

In my state, hospitals get overcrowded by April 13-18 and hospitalizations peak by April 28th.

Munch

I've taught my mum how to facetime with her friends, that she normally would visit in the week. She seems pretty content long as she can talk to friends and family
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on March 24, 2020, 08:51:15 AM
On Twitter this morning

Twitter sewer?  We need a virus just for poor people too.  Wouldn't want them to feel left out ;-)

"Denver mayor reverses order to close liquor stores, recreational marijuana dispensaries after crowds swarm" ... priorities
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 24, 2020, 08:56:33 AM
https://covidactnow.org/

In my state, hospitals get overcrowded by April 13-18 and hospitalizations peak by April 28th.

Delay elective surgery?  If the infection rate only goes up, then most Americans will be dead before the election.  That would be a plus ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Twitter Sells Out - Will Allow Chinese Government Propaganda About Virus Origin" ... this message approved by Ming the Merciless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJOmUW5QyqQ

""Biggest Lockdown In World History" â€" India Paralyzed As COVID-19 Crisis Unfolds" ... Starting last Sunday.  India has a backup economy from the Mahatma, who would spin his own thread ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK-XjLayJd8
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

He is actually an eight year old in a 70-something year old body. Christ above.

On the bright side: Stock market went up in expectation of a stimulus bill. Here's to hoping the bill is actually intending to help the people and not lines the rich man's pocket while the rest of the country burns, because if the people stay unemployed for too long and the government keeps on playing games... no one is going to win from that.

Still, it looks like the president has chosen that mass death and illness is the best choice. Perhaps that's not 100% wrong, at this point... but I still hope no one actually takes that seriously and listens to him. I'm not going to hold my breath on that though.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Shiranu is a million year old (giant alien head) in a 30 year old body?  Ok, Millennial.

"By CNN's count, at least 13 states and 13 municipalities in the US have ordered residents to stay home" ... ultimately this is a regional/local control thing if Washington DC will refrain from a national lockdown.

"WHO Expert: Lock-Downs Won't Stop This Virus … but his solution is complete global totalitarianism" ... everybody is a shill for the Chinese Communist Party.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.