News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Sal1981 on March 22, 2020, 03:24:36 PM
115 infected in total, 14 recoveries, 2077 tests, and +600 in quarantine as of today in the Faroes.

I didn't know you lived on the faroe islands?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Sal1981

Quote from: Munch on March 22, 2020, 04:34:48 PM
I didn't know you lived on the foroe islands?
I do. Thanks to high testing, we know somewhat the infection chains and are quarantining people who have been exposed.

Munch

Quote from: Sal1981 on March 22, 2020, 04:46:31 PM
I do. Thanks to high testing, we know somewhat the infection chains and are quarantining people who have been exposed.

I suppose its just as well the population of the islands is small enough that reaching as many as possible to test helps in that regard.

stay safe, hope your stocked up well there.

Sal1981

Quote from: Munch on March 22, 2020, 05:00:17 PM
I suppose its just as well the population of the islands is small enough that reaching as many as possible to test helps in that regard.

stay safe, hope your stocked up well there.
No need. Grocery stores are rationing essentials and we still get weekly supplies with cargo ships.

Draconic Aiur

I know the Faroe Islands from watching VinLand Saga. So are you a descendant of vikings? If so which ones?

Sal1981

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on March 22, 2020, 06:17:56 PM
I know the Faroe Islands from watching VinLand Saga. So are you a descendant of vikings? If so which ones?
IDK. Most likely Norse vikings, since we were part of Norwegian rule for centuries before being sold to Denmark.

Munch

this gif needs to be shared around.

simple, to the point.

Baruch

""Holy Shit, This Is Not The Flu": Medical Worker Describes Terrifying Lung Failure From COVID-19... Even In Young Patients" ... Sars2 not Flu.  And many patients experience gastro-intestinal failure.  Depends on how it gets into you, lungs vs gut.

"One Third Of All Coronavirus Cases Show No Symptoms, Classified China Data Reveals" ... this is why there will be multiple waves of infection, and that China has declared a premature victory (remember Chinese New Year?).

"WHO says lockdowns "not sufficient" to stop virus" ... it is necessary to drop the GDP to zero?  Choice is, kill the economy, or let people die.  Helicopter money tries to bridge that, but may destroy the ability to finance the economy.  Can misguided government response be worse than the disease?

US Covid News:

"Ohio, Louisiana, Delaware join lockdown" ... joining 5 other states.

"Police In California Plan To Use Drones To Enforce Quarantine Lockdown" ... as previously shown on Chinese TV.  Dr Fu Manchu approves.  Ming the Merciless is jealous.

"Operation 'Granite Shadow' - The US Military's Above-To-Secret Plans If COVID-19 Cripples Government" ... if too many Washington DC politicians and GS workers get forced to self isolate or go to the hospital with Covid ... Washington DC will be evacuated for "continuity of government", same as if there was a nuclear war.  Denver Colorado used to be the backup US capital, but Denver is a hot zone now.

Non-US News:

"Merkel Enters Isolation, New Zealand Goes "Full Quarantine"" ... Merkel was exposed to a doctor who was positive for Covid.

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

On a lighter note ...

The Madagascar movie ninja penguins have liberated all the penguins at all the zoos, now that people are gone ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHHkJwQQU0o
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Dare say the animals are more relaxed in zoos right now without ugly human children screaming at them all day

Baruch

Darwin awards:

"Virginia teens allegedly recorded themselves coughing on produce in grocery store" ... maybe keep them in school, instead?

"Thousands of stolen coronavirus respirator masks found in Oregon, donated to hospitals as arrest made" ... go police!

Meanwhile, not all Florida beaches are closed ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on March 23, 2020, 09:15:14 AM
Darwin awards:

"Virginia teens allegedly recorded themselves coughing on produce in grocery store" ... maybe keep them in school, instead?

"Thousands of stolen coronavirus respirator masks found in Oregon, donated to hospitals as arrest made" ... go police!

Meanwhile, not all Florida beaches are closed ...

Turns out many of those spring break asshats did contract it.

Hydra009

Any thought on needed long-term changes due to this crisis?

Imo, I'm going to make a crisis kit (a small supply of otc medicines and toiletries) and keep a roughly 1-month supply of non-perishables (mostly canned goods).  I want to be able to survive without needing to go out for supplies for 2-4 weeks.

And you better believe sick days and telecommuting will be a lot more on my radar now.

Sal1981

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 23, 2020, 01:05:51 PM
Any thought on needed long-term changes due to this crisis?
Medical research will be prioritized a lot more afterwards, for a while, until complacency and apathy sets in again. Same deal with our collective social behavior. If history has learned us anything is that once everything settles back down to "normal" daily life, apathy springs back up again.

Sal1981

only 3 more infected today here, and the first hospitalization.