News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on March 20, 2020, 08:40:39 PM
The same political nerds do what they always do ;-)

On US Covid news ...

"IRS Moves Tax-Filing-Day From April 15 To July 15, Mnuchin Says" ... as previously reported.

On non-US Covid news ...

"Martial Law France: Citizens Forced To Fill Out Form Every Time They Leave Home" ... so goes the mother country of the French revolution.  Guillotines next?

thing that I'm curious about it, if people break that law, what are they going to do, throw them in prison? overcrowded prison, more disease spread. Maybe better to just put a tracker on people and have them under house arrest if they want to go that far with it.

lets just hope they can get toilet paper delivered.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

What I learned in 2016 ...

1. You must choose sides, Independents will be crucified by both parties.

2. You must choose "our" party, because the other party is evil and stupid.

3. Being fair is evil, because if you don't completely condemn the "other" side, you are a "fellow traveler".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on March 20, 2020, 08:48:49 PM
thing that I'm curious about it, if people break that law, what are they going to do, throw them in prison? overcrowded prison, more disease spread. Maybe better to just put a tracker on people and have them under house arrest if they want to go that far with it.

lets just hope they can get toilet paper delivered.

France is putting out hefty fines so far, 150 euros.

USA not so much, we are even not enforcing misdemeanors and considering emptying the prisons into the general population (since most prisoners shouldn't be there in the first place).

Obama did nothing in 2010, nobody did.  Don't praise his alternative universe, where the Republican Congress would have blocked everything anyway.  Obama was a post-colonial Kenyan in politics, hates White people, Anglophones in particular.  He is possessed by the evil ghost of his absentee father.  And I voted for him twice (I am my own kind of Left).  So how would an American hating President handle things?  About like a British hating PM did (May).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on March 20, 2020, 08:51:08 PM
France is putting out hefty fines so far, 150 euros.

USA not so much, we are even not enforcing misdemeanors and considering emptying the prisons into the general population (since most prisoners shouldn't be there in the first place).

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/travel/destinations/2020/03/19/spring-break-beaches-florida-look-packed-despite-coronavirus-spread/2873248001/

This kinda thing I just find terrifying. This level of ignorance is just so harmful, some corn brained chads think its not a big deal, but when he contracts the virus, brings it home, and his parents and grandparents get it, and die, yeah, someone needs to tazer these morons.

aitm

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on March 20, 2020, 06:10:06 PM
Well I just spent the afternoon where I didn't want to be. In the emergency room. I chopped the end of my finger off with the table saw. The good news is the place was practically abandoned. Just one other person in the waiting room that walked in right in front of me. The bad news is she had a nasty cough and was there because she was worried about having Covid-19. I was wearing a N-95 mask for the dust while I was working and didn't take the damn thing off until I got back home. The first thing I did when I got home was strip in the garage, put my cloths in a trash bag, carried them straight to washer, then took a long shower. Hopefully I don't die...
Welcome to the four and a half finger club!
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on March 20, 2020, 08:56:59 PM
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/travel/destinations/2020/03/19/spring-break-beaches-florida-look-packed-despite-coronavirus-spread/2873248001/

This kinda thing I just find terrifying. This level of ignorance is just so harmful, some corn brained chads think its not a big deal, but when he contracts the virus, brings it home, and his parents and grandparents get it, and die, yeah, someone needs to tazer these morons.

Raise voting age to 25?  Studies show men aren't mature before 25.

PS ... Gov Cuomo put New York (state) on lockdown same as California.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

Quote from: Shiranu on March 20, 2020, 08:02:10 PM
Let me put that into even better perspective... I am actually REALLY starting to like Mike Pence because, for all his theocratic flaws, he actually seems like a competent adult when put next to Trump.
As much as an uncooked spud is better tasting than a flaming bag of shit.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: aitm on March 20, 2020, 08:59:26 PM
Welcome to the four and a half finger club!

Right now that's funny. Tomorrow when the block wears off maybe not...
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

trdsf

Quote from: Munch on March 20, 2020, 08:46:04 PM
I dunno what hillary would have done, maybe little better, maybe little worse, who can say. But at it stands I can understand what people are feeling this way, I think if May was still prime minister here I'd be feeling more unsettled, since her track record of decision making was awful.
I think it's a fair guess that Hillary wouldn't have dismantled the CDC's pandemic response team, or try to cut their budget while the pandemic worsened, all the while insisting that it was "under control" and going to "go away" in direct contradiction of the administration's own experts.

It think it's a pretty safe bet that it couldn't have been worse.  How much better, I don't know, but it clearly couldn't have been worse.  May's response would have been better than the Oval Orifice's.  BoJo is handling it better than the Oval Orifice.  Nigel fucking Farage could've handled it better.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

My gym is closed indefinitely.  I can't go there now.  Course, I didn't go there before.  But now I can't go there.

trdsf

Got a text from a friend the other day: "The governor says don't go to the gym, don't get a haircut, don't socialize, just stay at home.  YOU'VE BEEN TRAINING YOUR WHOLE LIFE FOR THIS!"  (he knows me so well...)

To which I was obliged to respond, "Those of us without lives are the ones who are going to live."  :D
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Sal1981

Quote from: trdsf on March 20, 2020, 09:39:58 PM
Got a text from a friend the other day: "The governor says don't go to the gym, don't get a haircut, don't socialize, just stay at home.  YOU'VE BEEN TRAINING YOUR WHOLE LIFE FOR THIS!"  (he knows me so well...)

To which I was obliged to respond, "Those of us without lives are the ones who are going to live."  :D
lol, as an (almost) hikikomori, I can relate.

Munch

Quote from: trdsf on March 20, 2020, 09:39:58 PM

I dunno if those people have been training their whole life for this. Think the only ones who have been training their whole life for this is gamers and recluses

Munch

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8130433/amp/Sam-Smith-goes-stages-quarantine-meltdown-self-isolation.html?__twitter_impression=true

On the one hand I want to showcase that this is an example that anyone can be depressed and feeling down in this kind of isolation, bad mood can set in.

On the other hand, he lives in a 12 million dollar house.. He's probably got bidet's in all his 5 bathrooms.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Munch on March 20, 2020, 05:26:20 PM
Stay safe. Has your pharmacy moved into more home deliveries during this time?
I don't interact with that side of the business, so I wouldn't know. But foot traffic into the stores has not slowed down. If anything, it has increased.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel