News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/13/world/asia/coronavirus-china-conspiracy-theory.html

China is now blaming the United States for the Coronavirus.

Yeah, it's not the wet markets where they leave animals in incredibly unsanitary conditions and eat whatever they can get their hands on... it's all America's fault! And obviously it came from American troops, because we had thousands of cases of Coronavirus long before the Wuhan outbrea... oh, wait...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

Quote from: Shiranu on March 14, 2020, 12:17:10 PM
China is now blaming the United States for the Coronavirus.
Sometimes I'm amazed at how far man has progressed in the last 100,000 years.  On the one hand, we have science and logic.  On the other hand, we have religion and politics.  It seems like the two sides would cancel each other out, and we would still be at point zero.  It's hard to understand that we have actual forces at work that can overpower reason. 

Most of our extra brain capacity, which seems to far outreach that of other primates, seems to be used to fill our imagination.  I don't want to knock imagination.  It can lead to extraordinary things, but it seems like most of it is wasted on fallacy, ego protection, and wishful thinking.  We are monkeys capable of constructing nonsense that no other monkeys could match.  We have taken flinging poo to the next level of primate intellect.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on March 14, 2020, 11:29:51 AM
They're burning Covid-19 patients alive in mobile crematoriums now.

Been done before.  History has warned you.  But this isn't just a Chinese thing.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Munch

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Depends on if it is an NRA member ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

NRA stands for Non-Rational American.
God Not Found

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Hydra009

PSA:

https://youtu.be/Hks6Nq7g6P4

If you resemble anyone shown, please sit down and take 20 CCs of Stop Being A Dumb Arsehole every morning until symptoms dissipate.

If symptoms do not abate within 24 hours, please supplement the treatment with mindfulness exercises, which are a list questions to ask yourself during symptom onset: "Is what I am doing similar to what a dumb arsehole would do?",  "Will my actions hurt someone by depriving them of needed supplies?",  "Is what I am doing a sensible reaction to available empirical data?",  "Should the opinions of medical novices really be weighted the same or higher than medical experts?", etc.

Munch

New reports are coming out here, that in 20 days the government are going to start giving warnings and rules that anyone over the age of 70 needs to remain inside, for upward of 4 months, even if not sick.

I'm growing even more concerned now. I pretty much look after my mother, I dunno what i'm expected to do, if I need to confine myself indoors the same way, avoid people to as not to pass anything to her. Plus with my own diabetes if I should start being just as concerned. 

Unbeliever

I've just been informed that the library will be closed for at least 2 weeks, so I won't be around much for a while. I can use my phone, as I'm doing now. I'll have a hard time finding places to charge, though, so I won't be around as much, until things get better.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on March 14, 2020, 09:12:13 PM
New reports are coming out here, that in 20 days the government are going to start giving warnings and rules that anyone over the age of 70 needs to remain inside, for upward of 4 months, even if not sick.

I'm growing even more concerned now. I pretty much look after my mother, I dunno what i'm expected to do, if I need to confine myself indoors the same way, avoid people to as not to pass anything to her. Plus with my own diabetes if I should start being just as concerned.

Hopefully there is a familial or society support for shut-ins in general, not just extreme seniors.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 14, 2020, 09:20:59 PM
I've just been informed that the library will be closed for at least 2 weeks, so I won't be around much for a while. I can use my phone, as I'm doing now. I'll have a hard time finding places to charge, though, so I won't be around as much, until things get better.

Sorry to hear.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 14, 2020, 09:20:59 PM

good luck. stay safe and get yourself prepared.