Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 09, 2020, 05:31:52 PM
239 cases in Belgium already

I'm practically already dead.

I thought Belgium has a population larger than 300 people ;-)  On the map it looks bigger than Andorra, Monaco, San Marino or Lichtenstein ;-))  Mercator map projection distortion?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"In a stunning announcement late Monday evening, PM Giuseppe Conte revealed during an announcement from the Palazzo Chigi that he would be expanding Italy's strict quarantine travel restrictions to the entirety of the country (partial quarantine rules, this is regarding travel) ... many still managed to escape N Italy yesterday (bribes?) ... several prison breaks, one had to be suppressed with Italian Army tanks.

Italy will be asking for financial/liquidity stimulus, France is starting to lock down.  Germany is saying ... not our problem.  How is that EU working out for you?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"DEMOCRATS IN NY ANNOUNCE PRISON LABOR WILL MAKE SANITIZER FOR CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK" ... to overcome the shortage.  Cotton bales will also be available, cheap!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Baruch on March 09, 2020, 09:59:26 PM
Cotton bales will also be available, cheap!

Growing up in cotton country, I've always thought a person could make a decent living handpicking the cotton left in the fields by the combines. There is a shitload of it left in the fields.

You'd go to jail for stealing someone's cotton, but there's a lot of it out there. Huge waste.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Mike Cl

San Francisco State just shut down.  The City banned all meetings of 1,000 or more.  Italy shut down.  Ireland canceled St. Pats celebrations.  And this country has trump to protect us--we are setting pretty right now!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

Funny enough, I still know people at work who think the only reason anyone is concerned about this is because they are racists against Chinese people...

*sigh*
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on March 09, 2020, 11:00:42 PM
Growing up in cotton country, I've always thought a person could make a decent living handpicking the cotton left in the fields by the combines. There is a shitload of it left in the fields.

You'd go to jail for stealing someone's cotton, but there's a lot of it out there. Huge waste.

Thought an automated cotton harvester looked weird relative to a wheat harvester ... but it is most efficient if we glean the fields like Ruth from the Bible ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 09, 2020, 11:45:32 PM
San Francisco State just shut down.  The City banned all meetings of 1,000 or more.  Italy shut down.  Ireland canceled St. Pats celebrations.  And this country has trump to protect us--we are setting pretty right now!

You can always move to a Foxconn factory in China to get closer to your next iPhone?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on March 09, 2020, 11:55:59 PM
Funny enough, I still know people at work who think the only reason anyone is concerned about this is because they are racists against Chinese people...

*sigh*

Everyone needs to acknowledge that the Han Chinese are THE master race - Chairman Xi.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Baruch on March 09, 2020, 01:46:09 PMThat is sarc, right??  LBJ was the worst President in my lifetime.  Fraudulent welfare plan to put African-Americans on a new plantation, draft African-American men to an unnecessary war just to slaughter Asian people?  His hands are covered in blood.  Hope to get Ike back (no hope there).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: I will say for all the great things he did, that's not why I think we need another LBJ. What I mean by that is that we need a politician who doesn't give a shit what people think about him and is just a complete asshole... and will borderline murder with his own hands anyone who doesn't support getting done what he feels needs to be done.

Under the "Great Society" program, which was very similar to FDR's "New Deal", the full-income poverty rate dropped from 19.5 to 2.3%. For African Americans, that was a reduction in poverty from 55% to 27%.

He just about single-handedly got the Civil Rights Act passed for African Americans by being the biggest piece of shit asshole to anyone who opposed it. Yes, obviously there were MANY public figures who swayed the voting population, but the voting population is also generally irrelevant when it comes to policy.

He greatly expanded gov't medical services, many of which millions of Americans rely on to this day.

He abolished multiple immigration laws that were discriminatory based on race.

He drastically increased funding for education programs, particularly for Americans who desperately needed it.

He worked to decrease tensions between the Soviets and the United States, which is a net-good in my opinion (if only because it would have been impossible to beat the Russians without being destroyed ourselves in the process.)

I don't know where you are getting that he was bad domestically, because he is almost universally approved of by historians and political scientists for his domestic policy.

The Vietnam War was... a not so great spot on his record, and I will fully admit that. But then again, FDR approved the firebombing of Tokyo and the dropping of the atomic bombs and yet he is also amongst the greatest presidents in American history.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

I will have to say ... the stats hide the reality, as usual, not just in the 60s with LBJ etc.  The White Racists knew that having welfare, that banned fathers from their families, and drafting them to Vietnam was just fine with George Wallace.  FDR is no wonderful person either.  He was very wealthy.  He should have given it all away before 1933.  I also find almost all professors almost totally wrong (ivory tower).  Coronavirus is a good excuse to ban all college classes (except on-line).

For example, after much effort, I know much more about Christianity than the seminary professors my Ex listened to getting her degree.  They are paid, Left or Right, to sell a particular narrative.

PS ... I make exception for STEM professors, but not for Political Science professors.  They have real degrees in real subjects ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Ireland Cancels All St. Patrick's Day Parades Amid Virus Fears" ... they won't get me gold or Lucky Charms!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on March 09, 2020, 11:00:42 PM

Maybe it rots to help fertilize the next batch?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 09, 2020, 11:45:32 PM

Yeah, now if we just had someone to protect us from Trump...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.