News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

The CDC just released someone who tested positive on Corona into my community this weekend, and they went straight to one of our malls. San Antonio has already said that they are prepared to essentially put the city under martial law.

(Local news report on it and the mayor's response)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp08_fzqhGA
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Unbeliever

Wasn't the Medicare age requirement supposed to have dropped little by little until everyone was covered?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Munch

Boris has tried to calm fears over it here, think someone brought up if it spreads here if the military would need to get involved to lock down cities.

I'm going to over the next week or two stock up on things like packs of noodles, tinned goods and porridge/oatmeal. I've also talked with my mum and brother if anyone were to get infected to just follow medical advice over the phone and prepare self quarantine. I dunno how something like this would effect someone with type 1 diabetes but I'd be more concerned for my mum, brother, nephews and rest of my family.

Thankfully I live in a town rather then a city so much less populated here
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

Read Stephen King's, "The Stand" to know what to do. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hijiri Byakuren

Alright I've got Dayquil, Nyquil, Tylenol, and Mucinex to last me a couple weeks. Since I probably can't avoid this thing, I say BRING IT ON!
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 03, 2020, 03:18:39 PM
Wasn't the Medicare age requirement supposed to have dropped little by little until everyone was covered?

Proposed.  But Dem/Obama support for Romney-care blocked it in 2010.  The actual plan is to raise the Social Security retirement age until nobody lives long enough to get it!  Romney-care was bait and switch, insurance for care, and to bail out the bankrupt healthcare insurance companies.  As was cheap loans for college students, that can't be discharged in bankruptcy, was a bail out for the bankrupt colleges.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

It was 'fun' at the local Costco.  Had at least a dozen people pushing the large flatbed carts, most full of cases of water and TP--and half these yahoo's were wearing masks. Clorox wipes have been sold out for 3/4 days already.  Long lines--it looked like people prepping for the end of the world. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 03, 2020, 08:05:01 PM
It was 'fun' at the local Costco.  Had at least a dozen people pushing the large flatbed carts, most full of cases of water and TP--and half these yahoo's were wearing masks. Clorox wipes have been sold out for 3/4 days already.  Long lines--it looked like people prepping for the end of the world.

Under President Sanders, the hoarders will have to send all their excess to China to help with our Chinese allies.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on March 02, 2020, 08:59:22 PM
The CDC just released someone who tested positive on Corona into my community this weekend, and they went straight to one of our malls. San Antonio has already said that they are prepared to essentially put the city under martial law.
Same here in central NC.  After weeks of watching and waiting, it is finally here.

Mr.Obvious

Feel like we're playing a AF version of 'pandemic'.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Munch

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 04, 2020, 01:29:49 AM
Feel like we're playing a AF version of 'pandemic'.

Die Madagascar die!

trdsf

No reported cases in Ohio yet.

That said, it occurs to me that I placed an order for some fountain pens before the outbreak was recognized as a problem, and they're being shipped from $SOMEWHERE_IN_CHINA.  I doubt that acrylic pens can act as a carrier, but I am mildly concerned.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Munch

Quote from: trdsf on March 04, 2020, 08:35:53 PM
No reported cases in Ohio yet.

That said, it occurs to me that I placed an order for some fountain pens before the outbreak was recognized as a problem, and they're being shipped from $SOMEWHERE_IN_CHINA.  I doubt that acrylic pens can act as a carrier, but I am mildly concerned.

just incase do what I'm gonna do, stock up on things like canned foods, packets of instant noodles and soups, and oatmeal, stuff that'll keep for weeks incase you need to self quarantine