News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on February 01, 2020, 05:19:22 PM
I didnt say alarms or awareness made of the disease shouldn't be made. I said just calm down, since theres always a new pandemic every year or so. And as a species we've not had another black death for some time.

About 100 years in the West, unless you live in a 3rd World shit-hole.  Got Ebola?  The death rate from pre-modern disease was higher, because they had no education and no medicine (other than honey etc).  If you get collapse of city functions, then the death rate goes higher, even with modern people.  Remember, Democrats are Soylent Blue.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

QuoteThe international medical communities are taking it seriously, just like that did with all other pandemics.

I... know... that's literally why I mentioned it.

QuoteSo maybe calm your tits and have a little trust in this thing being handled, rather then thinking it's coming to get you while you sleep?

Let's assume that's how I feel about it (it's not), what does that have to do with you claiming the media is the only one saying this is an issue when the international medical community says the same?

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

In 30 days we may be in a different universe ;-(  Hopefully not.  Just think of all the Chinese now running sub-Saharan Africa!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on February 01, 2020, 05:35:50 PM
I... know... that's literally why I mentioned it.

Let's assume that's how I feel about it (it's not), what does that have to do with you claiming the media is the only one saying this is an issue when the international medical community says the same?

Medical communities have already said this isn't a death sentence, shown the risks, given accounts of people infected to the ratio of those who have died, are updated on control of such an outbreak. These are not fear mongering like newspapers hyping up the death toll like its the end of the world, they might as well make front page headlines every time flu season comes around and claims people
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

Quote from: Munch on February 01, 2020, 05:17:08 PM
The international medical communities are taking it seriously, just like that did with all other pandemics.
So maybe calm your tits and have a little trust in this thing being handled, rather then thinking it's coming to get you while you sleep?

Unlike yourself I've actually got an added medical issue that could create even worse complications if infected, should I wall myself up ever flu season because of that?
Maybe you should calm your tits.  Someone who wants real info about a situation so one can take reasonable measures to prevent something is not fear mongering.  If there is something one can do to present less of a target, then why not know what those measures are?  If you are not worried about it, then don't stress. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 01, 2020, 12:19:23 PM
Read the first couple of chapters of The Stand by Stephen King to get an idea of how this can go down.
My life for you!

Hydra009

Quote from: Baruch on February 01, 2020, 10:33:16 AM
Health food market.  Raw tumeric and raw ginger.  Not the processed kind.
This just in: respiratory illness cured!

Researcher:  "I just gave the patients some ginger for dinner and boom, all respiratory illness gone. Dunno why we never looked into that before"

In related news, household items do a variety of miraculous things, according to schizophrenic in subway.

Baruch

Yes, only use very expensive drugs ... seems like a pattern here forming ...

Meanwhile ...

"Defense Secretary Mark Esper on Saturday approved Department of Defense (DoD) housing at four military bases for 1,000 people who may have to be quarantined as a result of the coronavirus, following the appearance of the eighth confirmed case of the disease in the U.S." ... Australia will use Christmas Island.  The US will be using 4 military bases, with isolated housing for the internees.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"CHINA DEPLOYS MASSIVE DRONE ARMY SPRAYING CHEMICALS TO COMBAT CORONAVIRUS" ... infertile female workers are doing chem-trails at ground level ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 01, 2020, 06:15:06 PM
Maybe you should calm your tits.  Someone who wants real info about a situation so one can take reasonable measures to prevent something is not fear mongering.  If there is something one can do to present less of a target, then why not know what those measures are?  If you are not worried about it, then don't stress.

medical practitioners will give you insight into that. Don't turn to newspapers on how bad something is in this regard. Although I would say again stressing out about another pandemic in the world isn't a healthy path in itself since stress will just fuck up your natural immune system anyway, seen enough of what stress does to a person in my own family and friends.

Baruch

Old style medicine .. smoke tobacco and drink alcohol.  A lot cheaper and for some, more fun, than the expensive nostrums of the Drug Empire.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Munch on February 01, 2020, 10:01:05 PM
medical practitioners will give you insight into that. Don't turn to newspapers on how bad something is in this regard. Although I would say again stressing out about another pandemic in the world isn't a healthy path in itself since stress will just fuck up your natural immune system anyway, seen enough of what stress does to a person in my own family and friends.
I agree with that, Munch.  but I don't think Mermaid was pulling a Hennie Penney running around screaming the sky is falling.  She is/was simply trying to figure out how real the threat is, and if so, what to do about it.  I'm in the same boat.  I am concerned that the WHO is as concerned as it is--but so far, all I can do is to simply wash my hands a bunch and don't touch my face.  Am I stressed?  No.  Am I concerned?  Yes--I have family who are in the beginning and middle of their lives who could  be greatly impacted--not too worried abut myself. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

"China deploys 1,400 military doctors, nurses to staff makeshift hospitals in Wuhan" ... they are trying.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 02, 2020, 10:03:10 AM
I agree with that, Munch.  but I don't think Mermaid was pulling a Hennie Penney running around screaming the sky is falling.  She is/was simply trying to figure out how real the threat is, and if so, what to do about it.  I'm in the same boat.  I am concerned that the WHO is as concerned as it is--but so far, all I can do is to simply wash my hands a bunch and don't touch my face.  Am I stressed?  No.  Am I concerned?  Yes--I have family who are in the beginning and middle of their lives who could  be greatly impacted--not too worried abut myself.

now see if you say you had family who are more vulnerable to these things, or you yourself are more vulnerable to diseases, then it is actually perfectly understandable the concern over it. And if I had family in heavy struct regions of the disease, it would stress me out too thinking of their safety.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on February 02, 2020, 12:47:17 PM
now see if you say you had family who are more vulnerable to these things, or you yourself are more vulnerable to diseases, then it is actually perfectly understandable the concern over it. And if I had family in heavy struct regions of the disease, it would stress me out too thinking of their safety.

People with lung problems ... smokers particularly.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.