News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 29, 2020, 11:39:24 PM
It can also spread while still incubating (in other words, people can spread it before they're noticeably sick)

But it has been successfully grown in a lab, allowing for a more thorough analysis of the virus and could help in the creation of a vaccine.

Grown in lab?  As in Chinese stole it from a Canada lab, and accidentally let it loose?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 29, 2020, 11:59:34 PM
I guess I'll have to reschedule my weekly swappin' spit at the asian food market session.  :(

And yes, I know that the most vulnerable (medical workers, elderly, kids, etc) will be the first to get a shot, not me.  This isn't the Titanic.  I think I can manage waiting a little extra.

Make sure you have a first class ticket, not steerage, and you look like a woman ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Coronavirus could mean more U.S. jobs. Wilbur Ross goes there.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/wilbur-ross-touts-coronavirus-economic-benefits-u-s-after-saying-n1126366

"I think it will help to accelerate the return of jobs to North America," Trump's commerce secretary said.

Yeah, so what if people die, as long as it's good for the good old U.S. of A-holes.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Munch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 31, 2020, 03:30:40 PM

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/wilbur-ross-touts-coronavirus-economic-benefits-u-s-after-saying-n1126366

"I think it will help to accelerate the return of jobs to North America," Trump's commerce secretary said.

Yeah, so what if people die, as long as it's good for the good old U.S. of A-holes.

More grave diggers, more profit for medicines, more doctors, more gravestone artisans.

Yes its immoral, but the guy wasnt wrong. After all, war profits someone's pockets, disease will too.

Just a state of the human condition
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

Yeah, more money for the quacks that will sell crap to the credulous idiots who will believe anything.
God Not Found

Munch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 31, 2020, 03:53:03 PM
Yeah, more money for the quacks that will sell crap to the credulous idiots who will believe anything.

Don't forget holistic medicines!
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

Actually his point was that it will hit a vulnerable Chinese workforce and market, meaning production should start to head back State-side and perhaps let us re-establish ourselves as the dominant market.

The problem is American policies for awhile now, despite all of Trump's talk about how he is bringing us back, have not really set us up to capitalize on China's weakness. Unless we really bust our asses off as a nation and start putting the working class in a stronger position... but I doubt that will happen any time soon unless Bernie wins.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 31, 2020, 03:30:40 PM

Death to America!  Long live the Chinese Empire!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 31, 2020, 03:53:03 PM

You can always refuse first aid etc.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on January 31, 2020, 04:33:02 PM
Don't forget holistic medicines!

I wouldn't touch that with a nano-scopic tincture of some homeopathic nostrum.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on January 31, 2020, 04:42:55 PM
Actually his point was that it will hit a vulnerable Chinese workforce and market, meaning production should start to head back State-side and perhaps let us re-establish ourselves as the dominant market.

The problem is American policies for awhile now, despite all of Trump's talk about how he is bringing us back, have not really set us up to capitalize on China's weakness. Unless we really bust our asses off as a nation and start putting the working class in a stronger position... but I doubt that will happen any time soon unless Bernie wins.

I am in favor of forced work camps for Dems.  Especially those with basket weaving BA degrees.  Orange Hitler does nothing wrong.  Bernie is in favor of college educated commissars (not like Pol Pot).  Not actual working people.  Like Comrade Corbyn, Comrade Bernie is a millionaire.  Neither ever dug a ditch their whole lives.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on January 31, 2020, 05:05:46 PM
Death to America!

America is already dead, and has been since the SCOTUS decided who would be president - December 23, 2000.
God Not Found

Hydra009

The number of cases jumped from just shy of 10,000 yesterday to 11,300 right now.  The numbers outside China seem to be similarly climbing.  A lot of new countries on the tally, which is really worrying.  I thought this could stay relatively contained, but it looks like it's going to be a global phenonemon.

Get plenty of sleep and wash your hands regularly, everyone!

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 31, 2020, 05:18:21 PM
America is already dead, and has been since the SCOTUS decided who would be president - December 23, 2000.

US died 1961, when fake President Kennedy elected by dead Dems in Chicago cemetery.  The whole 1960s are a horror not to be repeated (ending 1970).  If no Kennedy, then no Cuban Missile Crisis (because Bay of Pigs followed thru), no assassinations, no Vietnam war etc.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 31, 2020, 05:54:02 PM
The number of cases jumped from just shy of 10,000 yesterday to 11,300 right now.  The numbers outside China seem to be similarly climbing.  A lot of new countries on the tally, which is really worrying.  I thought this could stay relatively contained, but it looks like it's going to be a global phenonemon.

Get plenty of sleep and wash your hands regularly, everyone!

Nobody knows anything, until the Fat Lady sings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U38dd3GbzEc

China-Dammerung
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.