News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 17, 2022, 11:06:34 AM
I find that ironic.  I grew (and very quickly) so tired of people asking me if 9/11 didn't make me afraid.  What I became was angry--and not just with the Saudis that did the dirty deed, but with what was called our govt.  Bush/Cheney was the worst--until trump came along.  I regard Bush attacking the Afgan tunnels and caves as the right thing to do--then when he let Ben Laden escape, a criminal act.  As was the attack of Iraq.  So, the nation became a nation of fucking scared pieces of shit.

Now, when the pandemic gives the nation something to be afraid of, half of them aren't afraid and become a huge part of the problem.  Every indication really seems to point at the death of this country and what is said it was supposed to be about.     

Which is one of the reasons people that think this virus escaped from a Chinese laboratory that was receiving support from the CDC are so pissed off about it.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

aitm

Haven’t we surpassed all war deaths as well?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SGOS

Quote from: Mermaid on January 16, 2022, 11:08:07 AM
We're infected. Husband is sick but seems that he will live. I am asymptomatic. We're both vaccinated/boosted.
Hope it's short and without after effects, and you get well soon.  When a careful person I know gets Covid, it underscores, how prevalent it is.  I imagine a half hour at any Walmart will be an exposure, and I assume I've come in contact with it several times.  I've been wearing masks from CVS, but I'm expecting a new set of N95s in the mail any day.  I've had a few "sick" episodes in the last couple of months.  A couple were odd, but did not strike me as Covid-like. I hear people talk about the sniffles, but not having lost their taste, and I hate wasting a $10 test kit every time I sneeze.  Is lost of taste and/or smell the definitive tell-tale symptom?  I bet there's lots of people with Covid, who don't even know it.

SGOS

Quote from: aitm on January 17, 2022, 11:14:20 AM
I've wondered about that, and I vaguely recall hearing that we have, but I didn't know if the source was reliable or not.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: aitm on January 17, 2022, 11:14:20 AM

Depends on what you count as war deaths. If you only count combat casualties then yes. If you count all US deaths attributed to the wars then no. Still about a half a million to go.

Population wise it isn't even close. Covid 19 has killed about 0.25% of the US population. The American civil war killed more than 2% of the population.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Dark Lightning

My son masks at work, but not at home. In his comparing of notes with co-workers who have have tests done and were positive for Covid, we have the same symptoms. So, he probably got it from his supervisor who is unvaccinated and been out of work for two weeks, and is miserable. I'm staying home as much as possible, and masking as usual when out. I just had a bit of shortness of breath, tightness in the chest  and diminution of taste and smell senses. My son noticed no change in smell or taste. Now, I'm coughing up mucus, so it's clearing out. Neither of us had a fever, either. I'd say that the vaccine works really well.

GSOgymrat

In the US, you can sign up here to receive four free at-home COVID tests: https://www.covidtests.gov

Mike Cl

Quote from: GSOgymrat on January 18, 2022, 03:14:13 PM
In the US, you can sign up here to receive four free at-home COVID tests: https://www.covidtests.gov
thank you--just ordered for my household.  Thanks again.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cassia

Czech folk singer Hana Horká has died after deliberately contracting Covid in order to avoid vaccination. In reaction to her death, her son has lashed out at Czech anti-vaxxers on social media, blaming them for her death.

https://english.radio.cz/son-blasts-anti-vaxxers-singer-dies-after-deliberately-getting-covid-8739526

trdsf

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on January 17, 2022, 11:49:09 AM
Population wise it isn't even close. Covid 19 has killed about 0.25% of the US population. The American civil war killed more than 2% of the population.
Give it time.  And never underestimate the potential depths of stupidity of human beings.  At least two states -- Alabama and Ohio -- have suffered negative population growth attributable to COVID deaths.  So far.

Also, the US population in 1860 was about 31 million, of which 2% is 620,000 -- so in absolute numbers, COVID is ahead, although in relative numbers it lags.  So far (is there an echo in here?).
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

the_antithesis

Quote from: trdsf on January 18, 2022, 07:40:20 PM
At least two states -- Alabama and Ohio -- have suffered negative population growth attributable to COVID deaths.  So far.
Cool. Cheap real estate.

Jason Harvestdancer

78% of Democratic voters support the Biden administration’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate plan
75% of likely Democratic voters have a favorable opinion of Dr. Fauci
59% of Democratic voters would favor a government policy requiring that citizens remain confined to their homes at all times, except for emergencies, if they refuse to get a COVID-19 vaccine
55% of Democratic voters would support a proposal for federal or state governments to fine Americans who choose not to get a COVID-19 vaccine
48% of Democratic voters think federal and state governments should be able to fine or imprison individuals who publicly question the efficacy of the existing COVID-19 vaccines on social media, television, radio, or in online or digital publications
47% of Democrats favor governments using digital devices to track unvaccinated people to ensure that they are quarantined or socially distancing from others
45% of Democrats would favor governments requiring citizens to temporarily live in designated facilities or locations if they refuse to get a COVID-19 vaccine
29% of Democratic voters would support temporarily removing parents’ custody of their children if parents refuse to take the COVID-19 vaccine

Remember, if you oppose that, it is because you are a "Fascist".

Rasmussen
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Dark Lightning

Rassmussen is a redneck right wing polling entity, with concomitant results.

Hydra009

That said, temporarily sequestering people who skipped out on the life-saving vaccine because PatriotUnderground.ru said vaccines have mind control chips connected to Bill Gates' 5G relays, go maskless in stores while sick, have public meltdowns when asked to follow even basic rules, and literally spit in other people's faces when confronted doesn't seem like all that much of an ask.  Lots of people have died as a direct result of mass-spreader events attributable directly to one of these pro-plague dimwits.  People lacking the self-discipline to control themselves seem to be the most angry at falling under outside control as well as the ones most responsible for adult intervention.  If only they had the self-awareness to be angry about their own behavior.  More's the pity.

Hydra009

Meanwhile, heavy-handedness that you will never see the usual suspects complain about:  Florida Health Director put on leave for encouraging staff to get vaccinated