News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassia

French, quasi-celebrity, anti-vax twins are recent covid casualties. They would not admit to plastic surgery either. How did Hollywood let these guys slip away?

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

the_antithesis

Hydra009

Another antivaxxer dies of the virus

QuoteIn her last video, posted on Dec. 28, Weldon struggled through her remarks about the coming overthrow of the United States government, coughing and complaining that she was exhausted.
Tiring for the whole country as well.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 08, 2022, 09:37:57 PM

I'd like for every Covid-denying and anti-vax asshole to just die without infecting others. One of my sons works at a major retail hardware store. We're all vaccinated and boosted (except for him for the booster) and he has a shitty chest infection. I want him to get tested. We'll see what happens.

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 08, 2022, 09:37:57 PM
The article also addresses a second anti-vax show host who contracted Covid from a far right protest in Texas.  The protest group is claiming that someone put anthrax in the fog machines, and that is what killed him.  Why these people are anti-vax is a mystery.  Can it be as simple as some dumb ass with a web site told them vaccines kill.  It's a bigger mystery that they believe a Covid death was actually caused by anthrax in a fog machine.  Ignorance and denial all in one package.

Hydra009

India death toll may actually be 6 to 7 times higher

Officially, half a million deaths.  Unofficially, maybe more like 3.2 million.

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

trdsf

I'm vaxxed and boosted and have the annual flu shot, and I've had flu-like symptoms for a week now.  Got tested Friday, came back negative.  This year's flu is deeply unpleasant (friend of mine, an RN who works for the state health department, is still having symptoms two weeks after contracting it -- she's been COVID-tested and is also negative).  Don't forget that's still going around!

Just a reminder that vaccines tilt the odds strongly in your favor, but they're not a 100% guarantee.  Statistics are a bitch.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Dark Lightning

My son brought a cold home from work, and now I have it. It ain't corona, in any event. I haven't lost my taste or smell senses.

Cassia

Someday we will learn about and track all potential zoonotic viruses and vaccinate the animal (bats, pigs....) hosts with transmissible antigens that have a higher R factor than the virus of concern. It was relatively easy with foxes; rabies was practically eradicated in Europe via inoculated bait.

Mike Cl

For some reason I did not think of this.  Yet, somehow, I'm not surprised.

‘I think they did it on purpose’: My dad and stepmother caught COVID-19 from her family â€" now he’s dead, and she’s in assisted living with her assets under their control.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/d83f5207-b7a7-39bf-b5b7-2c2d946256c3/%E2%80%98i-think-they-did-it-on.html

I do live in a lovely country.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SoldierofFortune

Simple and ordinary evil,
Not juicy.

Cassia

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 10, 2022, 01:12:25 PM
For some reason I did not think of this.  Yet, somehow, I'm not surprised.

‘I think they did it on purpose’: My dad and stepmother caught COVID-19 from her family â€" now he’s dead, and she’s in assisted living with her assets under their control.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/d83f5207-b7a7-39bf-b5b7-2c2d946256c3/%E2%80%98i-think-they-did-it-on.html

I do live in a lovely country.
There are untold perfect murders of various degrees that will go uncharged. Imagine how many negligent homicides could be in the books at this point.

Hydra009

I mean...it's less dangerous than bleach and less injurious to others than hogging hydroxychloroquine.  So, gopher it!