News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Last check as of this morning 38% of my county has received at least one shot.  It's slightly higher for adolescents and seniors.  Most of Florida has done better than this.  I could move to Florida, except that it's all going to be underwater in a few years.  Actually, I have little interest in Florida.  There are better places.

Hydra009

Masks and mask mandates work, Republicans hid the data

Quote“Jackson County has imposed an unlawful, arbitrary, and capricious mask mandate that is not supported by the data or the science,” - some cheetobucket

Meanwhile, the data:

Quotejurisdictions with mask mandates experienced an average of 15.8 cases per day for every 100,000 residents compared to 21.7 cases per day for every 100,000 residents in unmasked communities
25% less cases.

QuoteAlong with lower case rates, the health department analysis showed masked jurisdictions had fewer deaths per capita as well, an average of 0.2 deaths per 100,000 residents each day from May 1 to Oct. 30, compared to 0.28 deaths per day per 100,000 residents.
About 25% less deaths, too.

These people are pro-covid.

Blackleaf

Why are we allowing people who don't believe in science, who think all the hospitals and doctors are in on some conspiracy, to benefit from science and medicine when they predictably get sick? I mean, sure, save them from their own stupidity, if you can. But not at the cost of others. If someone needs cancer surgery and you're all out of beds, take the nearest anti-vaxxer and yeet them out of their death bed.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

After weeks of declining cases, NC is back on the upswing.  Not long after Thanksgiving get-togethers, noticeably.

Based on projections, we're going to get another hump in January/February before finally going back down again.  Curiously, the projection with universal masks doesn't show a hump at all - just a further dip and a leveling off at roughly nothing.  Boy, I sure am glad masks became a hot-button political issue.  Imagine where we'd be without that!

Hydra009

Death rate by vaccination status (unvaccinated, Pfizer, Moderna, J&J, etc)

Spoiler: unvaccinated die off big time.

Stats that aren't included here: unvaccinated long haulers who recover but spend month after miserable month in the hospital, unvaccinated who recover but suffer permanent organ damage and/or intimacy issues, vaccinated people who don't even show up on this graph because they greatly reduced their chances of getting covid in the first place.

Cassia

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 04, 2021, 10:31:25 AM
After weeks of declining cases, NC is back on the upswing.  Not long after Thanksgiving get-togethers, noticeably.

Based on projections, we're going to get another hump in January/February before finally going back down again.  Curiously, the projection with universal masks doesn't show a hump at all - just a further dip and a leveling off at roughly nothing.  Boy, I sure am glad masks became a hot-button political issue.  Imagine where we'd be without that!
Yeah, poor creatures....
https://youtu.be/UV-ujBdKzbs

Hydra009

America's partisan covid problem in 3 pictures:

Vaccination rate and death rate in pro-Trump counties
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Dark Lightning

I "Liked" the above post for the truth it tells, not for the loss of life. It's really sad to see these people running around with, "Let's Go, Brandon!" (if I got that right) T-shirts, and they're dying just for being stupid/willfully uneducated/misguided.

Cassia

It has been a while since I looked at the numbers, this pandemic is getting old. IHME now puts the US death toll over 800K and projects that million-corpse winning milestone early next year. That will trigger some headlines even on Fox. Oxford says the US cumulative excess mortality has been running around +15% higher than normal for months and also says we are now spiking with new cases again. Those folks working the ICUs are probably at their wits-end. I resolved to never have any career working with the general public when I was 20 something.

Hydra009

the_antithesis

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 12, 2021, 03:32:03 PM

I concur. Unvaccinated people with "Covid" should be dumped out into the alley. Go pray to Trump, you fucks.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 12, 2021, 03:32:03 PM

A neighbor told me going to the dentist caused cavities. "You know how dentists use that metal pick and poke your teeth? They create cavities so you have to pay to have them filled. It's a scam." Actually, he was less a conspiracy theorist and more a nine-year-old trying to get out of going to the dentist.

Dark Lightning

I don't wonder at the pig ignorance of people who would accept the claim that people only die in the hospital from it. 234 upvotes and no downvotes, if I read that correctly.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Dark Lightning on December 07, 2021, 11:20:26 PM
I "Liked" the above post for the truth it tells, not for the loss of life. It's really sad to see these people running around with, "Let's Go, Brandon!" (if I got that right) T-shirts, and they're dying just for being stupid/willfully uneducated/misguided.

I no longer have any sympathy for the unvaccinated. They've had plenty of time to get their facts straight, but they continue to trust idiots who don't know what the fuck they're talking about over actual experts. They're continually stoking the fires, and they're to blame for the state we're in. They ask that we respect their right to refuse the vaccine, but they don't have any respect for the people who are actually trying to fight the virus. They're hateful hypocrites. The kind of people we have an excess of in America.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Dark Lightning

I DO pity the people they associate with who aren't able to get the vaccine. I view people not wearing masks as assholes who are free to not care if YOU live or die. That's just wrong.