News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Nobody would take you/me seriously to begin with.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cassia

Anti-maskers now have ammonia. I am surprised that I do feel a little bit sorry for some of these people. They are mentally and culturally powerless against fictional Facebook campaigns and Fox news. They can barely read and write. Even being near death has little effect; they are so heavily indoctrinated in ignorance and the ever-lasting life promised by their religion.

Hydra009

That reminds me.  Just scheduled my flu shot.

SGOS

Reading that twitter or wherever it came from was difficult.  I read it three times, and still don't understand it.  I know that someone is in intensive care in a coma, and that possibly it has something do with ammonia.  Is Trump now telling people to drink ammonia?  Or is that just another FOX News thing? Or was that tweet written while in a coma?

Cassia

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 09, 2021, 09:01:45 AM
That reminds me.  Just scheduled my flu shot.
We will do that soon. We did schedule our flu shots with the C19 boosters as they did have that option on the Walgreens' website however when we arrived they suggested we wait a few weeks. Boosters didn't cause much discomfort; just a mild headache and sore arm for me. I bet we would have been fine with both.

Cassia

Quote from: SGOS on November 09, 2021, 09:09:13 AM
Reading that twitter or wherever it came from was difficult.  I read it three times, and still don't understand it.  I know that someone is in intensive care in a coma, and that possibly it has something do with ammonia.  Is Trump now telling people to drink ammonia?  Or is that just another FOX News thing? Or was that tweet written while in a coma?
I think it is likely that they are close to being illiterate. Many such posts from the unaffected families of the the very ill antivaxxers have that same skill level. Yeah, it often goes downhill from there. Around 6 feet.

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on November 09, 2021, 09:09:13 AMReading that twitter or wherever it came from was difficult.  I read it three times, and still don't understand it.  I know that someone is in intensive care in a coma, and that possibly it has something do with ammonia.  Is Trump now telling people to drink ammonia?  Or is that just another FOX News thing? Or was that tweet written while in a coma?
Pneumonia is likely the intended word.  And those sorts of people struggle with english even in the best of times, so being wretchedly sick doesn't do their writing any favors.

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 09, 2021, 09:30:07 AM
Pneumonia is likely the intended word.
OK, that actually helped.  I honestly didn't figure that out from the context.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mermaid on November 06, 2021, 04:25:03 PM
The older I get, the less and less I like most people. I have good reason to basically just hate everyone.
You don't hate me, do you? lol

drunkenshoe

LOL, Cassia! Well played. I'm looking up and down, up and down in the thread, trying to get what are they doing with ammonia or maybe it has another meaning in English in daily usage. ROFL Then I saw Hydra's post. :lol:
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

The "I know more than doctors" crowd in a nutshell.

Mermaid

Quote from: PickelledEggs on November 10, 2021, 01:43:44 PM
You don't hate me, do you? lol

Depends. Do you have any chocolate?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Hydra009

Today, I got both my flu shot and my covid booster.  This year, I've been collecting vaccinations like Thanos collecting infinity stones.  :P

No serious adverse reactions so far, but I do feel like I got punched in the arm and I feel kinda drowsy, though that's probably mostly because of the huge lunch.

Anyway, these shots should help me out a lot.  I see lots of people at work and at the gym, and somewhere around 30% of them are plaguebearers, I even came face-to-face with a couple of people from the Q-Anon cult.  Let's just say that I've made a lot of CON checks already.  I could definitely stand to do roll those dice twice and take the best result from here on out.

Hydra009

...and I fell asleep for 3 hours.  That shot is a one-way ticket to dreamland, apparently.