Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 16, 2021, 12:03:14 AM
Correct.  He neither holds office nor is running for office and his tweets are satirical in nature in a very similar way as Stephen Colbert's Republican persona.

Oh, ok.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

https://v.redd.it/wxojgu2xjoi71

Knowledge is power, but ignorance is awfully influential.

Hydra009

Shiranu

A 30 year old San Angelo man who had just lead a large "Freedom Rally" against mask wearing is now on his death bed, with the hospital essentially saying, "Please let us take him off life support so we can try to actually save someone's life.".

Leaving behind a wife and 3 young kids to own the libs. Gotta send my thoughts and prayers.

How many times does this story have to repeat for it to get through their dense skulls? This was their second GOFUNDME, the first one for their anti-vax mother who had been sick and racked up a large debt.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cassia

Quote from: Shiranu on August 27, 2021, 04:06:38 PM
A 30 year old San Angelo man who had just lead a large "Freedom Rally" against mask wearing is now on his death bed, with the hospital essentially saying, "Please let us take him off life support so we can try to actually save someone's life.".

Leaving behind a wife and 3 young kids to own the libs. Gotta send my thoughts and prayers.

How many times does this story have to repeat for it to get through their dense skulls? This was their second GOFUNDME, the first one for their anti-vax mother who had been sick and racked up a large debt.
so dense you could make anti-tank rounds with the material in their heads

SGOS

Quote from: Shiranu on August 27, 2021, 04:06:38 PM
Well at least, he's finally wearing a mask.

Hydra009

I brought up the ideological gulf in how this problem is perceived and dealt with (apparently, the hot new thing is some sort of horse dewormer intended for - you guessed it - horses, as opposed to the free vaccine intended for human use).

She denied that Republicans treat this pandemic any differently than Democrats.

If that's so, I'd love to hear why super red counties across the country consistently get hit by covid harder than super blue counties, and also gets progressively worse as you go from blue to red.

Hydra009

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 29, 2021, 02:39:56 PM

Nothing says I have a legitimate argument like lying out your "fucken" ass.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

The key to knowing they're lying is that all you have is a photo and everything else is just their word for it.  Super sus.

Cassia

Interesting....from the LA Times
I’m a respiratory therapist. With the fourth wave of the pandemic in full swing, fueled by the highly contagious Delta variant, the trajectory of the patients I see, from admission to critical care, is all too familiar. When they’re vaccinated, their COVID-19 infections most likely end after Stage 1. If only that were the case for everyone. Get vaccinated. If you choose not to, here’s what to expect if you are hospitalized for a serious case of COVID-19.

Stage 1. You’ve had debilitating symptoms for a few days, but now it is so hard to breathe that you come to the emergency room. Your oxygen saturation level tells us you need help, a supplemental flow of 1 to 4 liters of oxygen per minute. We admit you and start you on antivirals, steroids, anticoagulants or monoclonal antibodies. You’ll spend several days in the hospital feeling run-down, but if we can wean you off the oxygen, you’ll get discharged. You survive.

Stage 2. It becomes harder and harder for you to breathe. “Like drowning,” many patients describe the feeling. The bronchodilator treatments we give you provide little relief. Your oxygen requirements increase significantly, from 4 liters to 15 liters to 40 liters per minute. Little things, like relieving yourself or sitting up in bed, become too difficult for you to do on your own. Your oxygen saturation rapidly declines when you move about. We transfer you to the intensive care unit.

Stage 3. You’re exhausted from hyperventilating to satisfy your body’s demand for air. We put you on noninvasive, “positive pressure” ventilation â€" a big, bulky face mask that must be Velcro’d tightly around your face so the machine can efficiently push pressure into your lungs to pop them open so you get enough of the oxygen it delivers.

Stage 4. Your breathing becomes even more labored. We can tell you’re severely fatigued. An arterial blood draw confirms that the oxygen content in your blood is critically low. We prepare to intubate you. If you’re able to and if there’s time, we will suggest that you call your loved ones. This might be the last time they’ll hear your voice.

We connect you to a ventilator. You are sedated and paralyzed, fed through a feeding tube, hooked to a Foley catheter and a rectal tube. We turn your limp body regularly, so you don’t develop pressure ulcers â€" bed sores. We bathe you and keep you clean. We flip you onto your stomach to allow for better oxygenation. We will try experimental therapeutics.

Stage 5. Some patients survive Stage 4. Unfortunately, your oxygen levels and overall condition have not improved after several days on the ventilator. Your COVID-infested lungs need assistance and time to heal, something that an ECMO machine, which bypasses your lungs and oxygenates your blood, can provide. But alas, our community hospital doesn’t have that capability.

If you’re stable enough, you will get transferred to another hospital for that therapy. Otherwise, we’ll continue treating you as best we can. We’re understaffed and overwhelmed, but we’ll always give you the best care we can.

Stage 6. The pressure required to open your lungs is so high that air can leak into your chest cavity, so we insert tubes to clear it out. Your kidneys fail to filter the byproducts from the drugs we continuously give you. Despite diuretics, your entire body swells from fluid retention, and you require dialysis to help with your renal function.

The long hospital stay and your depressed immune system make you susceptible to infections. A chest X-ray shows fluid accumulating in your lung sacs. A blood clot may show up, too. We can’t prevent these complications at this point; we treat them as they present.

If your blood pressure drops critically, we will administer vasopressors to bring it up, but your heart may stop anyway. After several rounds of CPR, we’ll get your pulse and circulation back. But soon, your family will need to make a difficult decision.

Stage 7: After several meetings with the palliative care team, your family decides to withdraw care. We extubate you, turning off the breathing machinery. We set up a final FaceTime call with your loved ones. As we work in your room, we hear crying and loving goodbyes. We cry, too, and we hold your hand until your last natural breath.

I’ve been at this for 17 months now. It doesn’t get easier. My pandemic stories rarely end well.

Hydra009

I really wish I hadn't read that after developing a slight cough.  :/

aitm

My wife was told she had to get the shot or get fired. And as I previously told her-though nothing to do with the shot-is she ain’t retiring till her time and she better keep her ass working….pretty much those words. And she does like where she is working…so yesterday she got the shot and is pissed off about it, because she is a trumpet-down the rabbit hole conspiracy nut. But anyway, she finally got it and last night she was already freakin out about what she thought were the side effects “they” warned her about….luckily I am three hours away….😁
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SGOS

Quote from: aitm on August 31, 2021, 08:33:58 AM
My wife was told she had to get the shot or get fired.
It's the best of all possible worlds.  Now she can breath easier because she's vaccinated against a deadly pandemic, and she still gets to be pissed off about it, because it wasn't her choice.  She can save face with all her Trump friends by feigning indignation about her freedoms being violated, and can remain pissed at the liberals.