News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on June 28, 2021, 08:20:50 AMI don't think we know if getting COVID once means you are never susceptible again, especially with the continual onslaught of new variants.
There are documented cases of people getting reinfected by covid, so the question isn't whether or not people are susceptible to reinfection, but how long after infection people become susceptible again.  This virus could potentially stay circulating in vaccination-lax areas, which is definitely not a good thing.

drunkenshoe

I think I have lost another friend. This woman is a highly educated, high middle class mom living in London. I have known her since we were 15. We have 2 days between us. She was born in here but has been living in the UK since she was 3. She texts and complains about Turkey being in the Red Zone. They have a summer house at our site, very close to ours and they come for a vacation every year. The problem is they weren't able to since the pandemic has begun. So that's the only problem.  Well, as I wasn't aware of the real situation which was about to reveal itself, I go 'well, I don't trust any gov report though, esp. in our region, look, the numbers...blah blah...Suddenly she posts pics and a vid of her and her kids in fucking Trafalgar in a protest. And adds: "Btw, I'm not getting the experiemental jab. I'm also very healthy." And she goes with the typical how a lot of scientists and drs talking about this but as it's off the main stream -but she can reach it of course- maybe I'm the one who can't reach it? 

I think I can't take it anymore. I don't think, I know it. I told her that I was vaccinated againts H1N1 13 years ago (? not sure) and that the exactly the same bullshit was around but social media was too small. That I think she doesn't understand why we should get this one asap and that she talks like an antivaxxer 101 pamphlet. She keeps saying she is not an antivaxxer. Because it is covid and it is new.

The other thing that pisses me off... I can't travel anywhere in the West if I don't get a specific brand of vaccine, but those morons can come here for a vacation without any vaccines, or responsbility because "it's my choice, we should respect each other". And please keep in mind that India has poured up there until the late red zone decision. UK-India traffic is nowhere near the same with Turkey-India traffic. Well, I was trying to ignore, not talking about this with people...etc. I can't do it anymore. "Sorry sweetie, fuck that, I don't respect your choice."  And even though I'm not writing this down openly, now you know I don't respect you as a human being anymore. It's not something I can help. On top of all that, this is going to be a headache because her parents are family friends too. 

This pandemic cost me a lot of people. I don't know what to feel about it. Certainly it is bad. It must be bad, right?  On the other hand, my mother keeps saying I'm too 'strict' and won't have any friends soon. What does that mean? What am I supposed to do? Not to react anything, say oh OK to everything. "Oh, you haven't got vaccinated because you think it doesn't matter. How sweet?"

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Bad news: That conversation ended rather badly.
Good news: I feel like a feather about it and my mother sounded like it won't be a headache at all on the phone, lol.
The most important news: Breeze! It's around 21 here, it is almost dark, and it is 31.9 C.

E: 21 as in 9 pm, lol.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

aitm

Frankly there's a lot of people that  should just f****** die and we'll be fine with it.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hydra009

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 28, 2021, 11:31:39 AM"Btw, I'm not getting the experimental jab. I'm also very healthy."
She's using insane troll logic.  That's like saying that I won't buckle up because I'm not in a car accident right now.  Makes zero logical sense.

QuoteThe other thing that pisses me off... I can't travel anywhere in the West if I don't get a specific brand of vaccine, but those morons can come here for a vacation without any vaccines, or responsibility because "it's my choice, we should respect each other".
Going to another country while harboring a deadly communicable disease is the exact opposite of respectful and they should have every right to tell those tourists to keep walking.

trdsf

Quote from: SGOS on June 28, 2021, 08:20:50 AM
According to NYT, there was little discernible difference in the spread of COVID between vaccinated and non vaccinated communities at first, but that is now changing.  The gap is growing with southern red states falling farther and farther behind. If you are depending on everyone else to get vaccinated so that you can be safe, you are failing at looking after your own health, and also avoiding community responsibility.  That's not how we conquered polio and small pox.

I don't think we know if getting COVID once means you are never susceptible again, especially with the continual onslaught of new variants.
I am prepared with the killer attack line: "I am NOT going to lose two parents in one year.  You had that happen to you, why do you want to do that to us?  Get your damn shot!"  I'm done fucking around.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Hmmm...there seems to be some sort of correlation here.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: aitm on June 28, 2021, 05:00:19 PM
Frankly there's a lot of people that  should just f****** die and we'll be fine with it.
I'd personally love for idiots to just die from stupidity (and the virus), but unfortunately, they'd be spreading it to others, including those that are ineligible to get the vaccine and are trying to get vaccinated, but aren't yet in the process.

Cassia

Quote from: PickelledEggs on July 04, 2021, 09:20:38 AM
I'd personally love for idiots to just die from stupidity (and the virus), but unfortunately, they'd be spreading it to others, including those that are ineligible to get the vaccine and are trying to get vaccinated, but aren't yet in the process.
That's Florida and Texas right now. Morons killing other morons and good people too. Majority of young people are not showing good citizenship, at all. 2000+ cases on somedays.

Death tolls are much higher that reported.

http://www.healthdata.org/news-release/covid-19-has-caused-69-million-deaths-globally-more-double-what-official-reports-show

SGOS

I suspected that Covid deaths were under reported, because politicians are reluctant to relay the truth as it reflects poorly on their efforts to solve the problem.  We know that in the US alone, pressure was applied to custodians of data to under report by state officials.  Although the report from University of Washington interprets the errors as because it's simply difficult to accurately report.  But part of the difficulty of reporting correctly can be caused by under funding the process.

According to Baruch, Covid deaths were being over reported, because hospitals were getting more money for treating covid, but I read fact checks that debunked that too.

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on July 05, 2021, 08:48:27 AMI suspected that Covid deaths were under reported, because politicians are reluctant to relay the truth as it reflects poorly on their efforts to solve the problem.
Not just that, but they pushed to reopen prematurely (due to the outsized influence of business interests outweighing any other considerations), so in some cases, they actively tried to bury the truth because it made their policies look cruel and needlessly self-destructive, which they were.

Hydra009

New COVID-19 cases almost 3 times higher in states with low vaccination rates

Florida positivity rate jumps up to 5.2% (from 3.8% just a week prior)

And Florida is actually somewhat good in terms of vaccination, with 46% fully vaccinated, which is unusually high for a reddish state.  Highest numbers in the South, with most in the low 40s or 30s.

QuoteDOH ended its daily reports of COVID-19 activity on June 2 and removed the dashboard that provided a detailed account of cases, deaths, testing and other information since March 2020.

DOH no longer provides the number of new deaths by county.
They also had police raid the home of the whistleblower after firing her.  It's a small miracle that we're not completely in the dark when it comes to Florida.

Hydra009

Imagine being so entitled that you think you deserve immunity from criticism for massively wrong opinions leading to reckless actions that get people killed.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 06, 2021, 04:36:24 PM

Imagine being so entitled that you think you deserve immunity from criticism for massively wrong opinions leading to reckless actions that get people killed.
If I could, I would grant his wish to die.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

At the core of it, it does seem to be a desire for death.  It's just layered in personal and political justifications, justifications that don't really hold water anyway.