News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

The day after I posted my complaint I got my phone call for Monday morning. After that I will have my new tracking device curtesy of Bill gates..l,😁
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hydra009

I just found out that my twin's county is going to start jabbing everyone with Johnson & Johnson vaccine asap.  So jealous.

I signed up but have yet to get any sort of contact or even acknowledgement that I signed up.  In the words of Tom Petty, the waiting is the hardest part!

Mr.Obvious

Social workers in my organisation are getting priority on the local distribution center's back-up list. Being head social assistant I've decided not to put myself on that backup list just yet. The social workers take priority over my function, IMHO. The sooner they can get back to working normally, the better.
Besides it might just be one or two shots that need to be redistributed a day. We don't know. Don't want to hog those limited supplies. If they go through the backup list quickly, then I'll enlist.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

trdsf

We're still waiting to hear whether we're going to be prioritized or not; the caseworkers damned well should be at a minimum, they still have to do home  and hospital visits and deal with clients in person.  I'm back-office, I can wait.  I'll take it when it's offered, but in my case it doesn't need to be now.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

SGOS

The New York Times points out that prioritizing is becoming a scramble without a lot of clarity.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/09/us/covid-vaccine-eligible-preexisting-conditions.html?campaign_id=2&emc=edit_th_20210310&instance_id=27890&nl=todaysheadlines&regi_id=129705843&segment_id=53119&user_id=33a2a6e6868fd65c48b0f219d16ed7c2

Priorities vary from state to state, and some places, health district to health district.  CVS and Walmart, the two most helpful outlets in Virginia, seem to follow CDC guidelines.  I have no idea what my local Health Department is doing in this Trumplican political area where the CDC is seen as a communist conspiracy.  The political dynamics of my area make me think prioritizing is done by "who you know and who you blow", if indeed any vaccinating takes place at all.

All along, I anticipated that the system would fall into a disorganized scramble as the rollout continued to stumble, and I think the only way around this is for the government to adopt an attitude that "good enough" is not adequate.  Actual vaccination needs to happen on a massive scale.  Yesterday, I was talking to friends who said they felt sorry for old people who were not computer literate enough to sign up, because they lacked knowledge of how to navigate the health system with a computer.  My God!  It's hard enough around here for those who are computer savvy to get an appointment.  It took me roughly 10 hours over two days to score an appointment, and I had to drive 100 miles to get my first shot.

But things are getting better.  When CVS first arrived to the rescue, CVS was only giving shots at about 50 locations in the state.  Just for the heck of it, I checked the locations a couple of days ago, and the locations now seem abundant.  I didn't count, but it's at least quadrupled, although most of the places appointments were fully booked, and just a few had actual openings.

Walmart has recently joined in to lend a hand, although in my area, it was never publicized, and the only ones who knew about it were Walmart shoppers, although the secret is getting out now, but by word of mouth only.  Our health district and our local paper have done nothing to keep people informed.

While things are getting better, without some top down guidance, I worry that vaccination priorities will become a dog eat dog scramble by June.  Yes, I favor Big Government, a strong federal authority with teeth, rather than a bunch of disorganized banana republics that couldn't even defend themselves if Canada decided to attack.  States rights seems like old idea that was never destined to work in a modernized democracy.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: GSOgymrat on March 08, 2021, 02:05:41 PM
According to the CDC, fully vaccinated people can gather without masks or social distancing. ...

No. That's pretty risky. Today is the one year anniversary of the declaration of global outbreak. How many strains we got in just that time? I think that should be the case after the second round of vaccination at least.   
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

aitm

Been 12 hours since my first shot and damn they was right, my shoulder is mighty sore for a damn little needle. Maybe when I wasn’t looking they used one of those horse syringes to inject that damn tracking device....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SGOS

It feels like some big guy with a fist the size of your head slammed you in the shoulder, but shot is hardly noticeable when you get it, so it must be a reaction.

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on March 15, 2021, 09:43:47 PM
It feels like some big guy with a fist the size of your head slammed you in the shoulder, but shot is hardly noticeable when you get it, so it must be a reaction.
My twin got the first shot and compared it to getting punched in the shoulder as well.  Hey, if it means going out and about without worry, I'll take my lumps.

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 08, 2021, 10:29:02 PM
In the words of Tom Petty, the waiting is the hardest part!
In my health district that was exacerbated by having a signup as if they were going to do something.  I signed up over two months ago but never heard squat, but now I have two shots from a pharmacy.  I'm not telling my health district that I have my two shots, because I'm waiting to see if they ever call me.  My guess is they won't.  The woman I hike with has gone through the same thing.

drunkenshoe

Long time for me. Next year? Sigh.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

My first shot reactions came hours after my shot, which I didn't feel at all.  They lasted about a day.  My second shot went in the same.  But my reactions were stronger and lasted about 4/5 days total.  It was well worth the mild discomfort.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cassia

Yeah, we are eligible and have been trying to sign up every day. It seems like unobtainium.

SGOS

My first shot only gave me a sore shoulder.  My second shot, was the same, but added tiredness 24 hours later.  I went hiking, and had to catch my breath after the first hill.  The rest of the hike was fairly short, and I didn't have much energy.  They day after that I seemed fine.

Hydra009

More bad news for A.Z.

No more shots till we get to the bottom of this!
--Opportunity cost has entered the chat--