News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

This morning I feel like shit--but in a low level way; if that makes any sense.  My body tells me I have a cold.  I have a post-surgery dog to care for, so I will not be getting as much rest as I would like.  Such is life, I guess....................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Dad's got her second shot 3 days ago and he says he was very sleepy the following 2 days and just got to normal today. Chinese vaccine.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cassia

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 07, 2021, 08:55:51 AM
This morning I feel like shit--but in a low level way; if that makes any sense.  My body tells me I have a cold.  I have a post-surgery dog to care for, so I will not be getting as much rest as I would like.  Such is life, I guess....................
It may be a good sign your body is reacting....still waitin for our chance to feel like shit....

drunkenshoe

Yeah, Mike...Probably your body is fighting.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

Yeah, you guys are probably right--body is fighting this particular covid strain and I'll never get it.  But like other virus' there are variants that can still do a number on me, so I'll not let my guard down.  I have not been sick for years--this is a reminder of what it was I was missing. :))
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

I hear they're burning masks in Idaho (super smart and environmentally-friendly to boot).  It's a shame we can't vaccinate against stupidity.  Oh well, at least the vaccines will protect the smart people and this problem will kinda sort itself out.

aitm

Been on the "waiting list" for two weeks. Not a peep here in fla. from those whom check the list. And of course, I start a new project out of county, two hundred miles south on Thursday for 8 months so that shit pile will have to be started again down there....oy
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SGOS

I get my second shot in 4 days, and I'm looking forward to it.  From what I'm hear, it reflects what Cassia has pointed out.  That sick feeling is your body making antibodies, although my bother-in-law, who is usually up on things, seems to think that the sick feeling is typically not intense for the majority.  I'll deal with that when it comes.

A little off topic (maybe or maybe not), I vaguely recall reading that when the body is invaded by a virus like the flu and we get sick, we think of it as the flu making us sick, but those symptoms are not actually the flu attacking us.  That sick feeling is a result of our body fighting the attack.  I'll speculate that this defense mechanism must release all kinds of chemicals and hormones into our system as part of the counter attack, and those chemicals throw things off kilter.

I won't defend this idea too strongly.  Reading this is a vague memory, and I've only read it one time.  However, this thing about feeling sick after a vaccination may support my vague memory. 

I wonder if this may account for some of the fear the anti-vaxer's have:  "Vaccinations make you sick, because I knew this guy once that got sick from a vaccination."  ???  Or could it be as simple and childish as "Vaccinations hurt, because they stick a needle in your arm.  I'm not going to let a doctor hurt me."  Those reasons are actually less irrational than vaccinations are a Communist conspiracy like Fluoride."

Paolo

Time for conspiracy theories: my father says the lockdowns and such are simply measures taken for ''communistic'' control of the world-- possibly with the New World Order involved.

Does the political situation regarding covid has anything to do with control of the masses, in communist style?
Oh noes...I think I’m dead....

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Paolo on March 08, 2021, 03:46:07 AM
Time for conspiracy theories: my father says the lockdowns and such are simply measures taken for ''communistic'' control of the world-- possibly with the New World Order involved.

Does the political situation regarding covid has anything to do with control of the masses, in communist style?

No.

aitm

You first four words were the summation. Why would you follow the summation with the hypothesis?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SGOS

Absolutely.  It's a communist conspiracy.  You have to be an idiot to think it has anything to do with public health.  It's all about taking away our rights, because Covid never killed anyone.  Liberal operatives go around killing people and then they tell the media that they died from the pandemic.  If Covid was a real pandemic, it would be in other countries, but it's only in the US.  Biden is a communist and he wants us to wear masks like the communists in China.  But we have guns. 

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on March 08, 2021, 03:39:56 AM
I get my second shot in 4 days, and I'm looking forward to it.  From what I'm hear, it reflects what Cassia has pointed out.  That sick feeling is your body making antibodies, although my bother-in-law, who is usually up on things, seems to think that the sick feeling is typically not intense for the majority.  I'll deal with that when it comes.

A little off topic (maybe or maybe not), I vaguely recall reading that when the body is invaded by a virus like the flu and we get sick, we think of it as the flu making us sick, but those symptoms are not actually the flu attacking us.  That sick feeling is a result of our body fighting the attack.  I'll speculate that this defense mechanism must release all kinds of chemicals and hormones into our system as part of the counter attack, and those chemicals throw things off kilter.

I won't defend this idea too strongly.  Reading this is a vague memory, and I've only read it one time.  However, this thing about feeling sick after a vaccination may support my vague memory. 

I wonder if this may account for some of the fear the anti-vaxer's have:  "Vaccinations make you sick, because I knew this guy once that got sick from a vaccination."  ???  Or could it be as simple and childish as "Vaccinations hurt, because they stick a needle in your arm.  I'm not going to let a doctor hurt me."  Those reasons are actually less irrational than vaccinations are a Communist conspiracy like Fluoride."
I received my second shot last Fri.  Today my symptoms are less than yesterday--my arm is still sore/itchy and the head cold feeling is less than yesterday.  Am still a bit tired/sleepy.  But none of these symptoms would have kept me from work if I worked.  My wife on the other hand said her glands hurt a tiny bit for a few hours, but that was it.  So, SGOS, you may not have any symptoms at all. 

GSOgymrat

According to the CDC, fully vaccinated people can gather without masks or social distancing. All my siblings, their spouses and my close friends currently have at least their first shot. Our local COVID hospital closed Friday due to drop in patients requiring hospitalization. I feel there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Hydra009

NC cases seem to be leveling off, unfortunately.  But it dipped under 2k/day for the first time since November.  Deaths have gone down a lot, too.  And ~4% tests coming back positive.  Quite the improvement from the 17% high in January.

It's my hope that cases drop down to 1k or less by the end of the month.  Hopefully, lawmakers and the public don't get complacent and let their guard down too early.  If we can keep cases down for weeks on end, we might be to squash this once and for all and be able to safely go back to normal without worry.