News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 16, 2020, 08:50:41 AM
No matter when any vaccines come out, I will be waiting a couple of months before I get mine.  I don't trust any of them to get it completely correct and I'm curious about any side effects these may come with.  With such a huge push to get a vaccine NOW, how many corners have been cut???

I'll be getting mine asap.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hydra009

Tyson bosses reportedly bet on how many of their workers would get sick with covid

This makes me so mad.  I'm keeping a shit list of companies that botched this crisis and crossed some serious moral lines and I'm tentatively adding Tyson to the list.

SGOS

I'm delighted to hear about a potentially successful vaccine, and I feel a sense of relief too, but at best it will be 9 months before we can get the shots.  I have no problem isolating, distancing, and masking up in public places for that long, but it's still a long dangerous period of exposure ahead even for the most prudent.  There is no place in the country that is any safer than any other.  The wide open spaces of Montana are one of the worst places to be right now.  Hope is in sight, but we are at the start of the most dangerous phase of the pandemic so far.  Nine months from now this will seem like the "good ole days," when hospital beds were still available, and medical personnel were abundant.

Baruch

If Covid were more like Ebola, this would resolve quicker ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Oh yeah, this is big brain time.

Baruch

Happy if all Dems were locked up ... in jail ;-)  NYC needs to be burned down, to git rid of the germs and the sewer alligators.  I am not anxious for when a proper Covid vaccine becomes available, because I choose not to live in fear (but I sympathize with those who do).  I had no reaction to the seasonal flu vaccine, again ... so if a million Americans take an American made vaccine and there aren't too many negative reactions, and if it isn't too expensive ... then i see no problem.  The Covid, in some form or another is real.  What politicians do about it, is criminal.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on November 19, 2020, 12:49:45 PM
Happy if all Dems were locked up ... in jail ;-)  NYC needs to be burned down, to git rid of the germs and the sewer alligators.  I am not anxious for when a proper Covid vaccine becomes available, because I choose not to live in fear (but I sympathize with those who do).  I had no reaction to the seasonal flu vaccine, again ... so if a million Americans take an American made vaccine and there aren't too many negative reactions, and if it isn't too expensive ... then i see no problem.  The Covid, in some form or another is real.  What politicians do about it, is criminal.

Do you think I am anxious for a vaccine for my own safety, Baruch?

Mike Cl

Frontline Workers, Hospitals Overwhelmed With Virus Cases
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/frontline-workers-hospitals-overwhelmed-with-virus-cases_n_5fb67935c5b6f00bd84dfddc

This should be fun.  Watching all the hospitals crumble without beds or staff to help anybody--including covid cases but also non-covid cases.  If one has a heart attack might just as well stay home and die rather than go to the hospital and die.  But wait---Congress will take care of all that--oh, yeah, they need another vacation. :(((
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 19, 2020, 12:59:59 PM
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/frontline-workers-hospitals-overwhelmed-with-virus-cases_n_5fb67935c5b6f00bd84dfddc

This should be fun.  Watching all the hospitals crumble without beds or staff to help anybody--including covid cases but also non-covid cases.  If one has a heart attack might just as well stay home and die rather than go to the hospital and die.  But wait---Congress will take care of all that--oh, yeah, they need another vacation. :(((

Frontline workers should take up golf. Doing wonders for the president of the US of A.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on November 19, 2020, 12:59:29 PM
Do you think I am anxious for a vaccine for my own safety, Baruch?

Yes, every web post is all about you ;-)  If I were Belgian, I would be concerned about Covid for sure, too many people, too little space.  Your primary concern should be your girlfriend of course.  But it is what it is.  I live in a high crime low health area in the US, but too dry here for sewer alligators ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 19, 2020, 12:59:59 PM

I retired just in time.  The military hasn't been able to "order" the germs to salute yet.  Also I sympathize about people without Covid not getting hospital care, and hospital staff having to make horrible decisions as to who gets care or not.  My Ex got her operation not a moment too soon in January.

Of course beds won't help if people are in hospital with non-symptomatic Covid (which I hope is not the case).  You can't make more doctors and nurses on demand ... and specialization means a podiatrist can't help your Covid very much.  My mother was a common sense woman, avoided hospitals like the plague ;-)  Nosocomial infections and all that.  I suspect she thought her chain smoking killed germs.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on November 19, 2020, 01:40:50 PM
Yes, every web post is all about you ;-)  If I were Belgian, I would be concerned about Covid for sure, too many people, too little space.  Your primary concern should be your girlfriend of course.  But it is what it is.  I live in a high crime low health area in the US, but too dry here for sewer alligators ;-))

I'm anxious for the people I might infect and those who they would infect in turn. And so on. Because I know every small part I play in the virus' favor has the potential to wreak havoc on a much larger scale on the weaker, the elder, the isolated... Both those dear to me, and those who matter little to me in day to day life.
A lack of fear isn't healthy, in this matter. Definitely not healthy towards others. It's arrogance, selfishness and retardation in the best case, at worst it is sociopathic.

Mike Cl

Something that has become common place in my little town.  Food lines.  We live a block from a local church.  A few months ago they began handing out food.  At first, every month.  Then a couple of months ago, every other Thursday.  Now, every Thur.  But it is a modern food line--cars.  Today, we have had a solid line of cards pass our house for two hours--and no sign of it ending yet. 

And our trumpie neighbors comment was 'beggars, they need to get a job!  What a disgrace!'  My comment was--no, they are not a disgrace, you are! 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cassia

Imagine being the last soldier who gets killed in a war. I found a graphic video of a Sherman tank commander in Cologne crawling out of that turret after a German tank hit them. So close yet so far. I don't even wanna put a link here. A Pershing tank evens the score a few minutes later. Incredible film footage.

I really appreciate the efforts of all the vaccine scientists and volunteers. I bet they have been burning the midnite oil. This RNA scourge did speed along some new vaccine technologies and that would be the silver lining...little consolation to the dead and damaged or their family and friends. In any event we will double down on our resolution to stay safe and continue to ignore all who display short term thinking and patiently hope this thing resolves.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 19, 2020, 04:37:19 PM
Something that has become common place in my little town.  Food lines.  We live a block from a local church.  A few months ago they began handing out food.  At first, every month.  Then a couple of months ago, every other Thursday.  Now, every Thur.  But it is a modern food line--cars.  Today, we have had a solid line of cards pass our house for two hours--and no sign of it ending yet. 

And our trumpie neighbors comment was 'beggars, they need to get a job!  What a disgrace!'  My comment was--no, they are not a disgrace, you are!

Great Depression 3.0 (first was in 19th century).  This has multiple causes and has been developing since 1945.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.