News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mermaid

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 16, 2020, 06:02:16 PM
Oh--you conduct clinical trials for a living--interesting.  I may just change my mind and get it as soon as it is available to me.  So, you don't see anything that raises a red flag for you with the development of these vaccines? 
Not so far, no. We'll have more information available when the trials are complete.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 16, 2020, 06:02:16 PM
Oh--you conduct clinical trials for a living--interesting.  I may just change my mind and get it as soon as it is available to me.  So, you don't see anything that raises a red flag for you with the development of these vaccines? 
I think part of my problem is worrying that Trump may somehow have the power to warp this thing out just to say he did it.  Actually, we don't hear that from people in the field who know that Trump is a mentally peripatetic crazy person who doesn't know what he's doing half of the time.  Testing protocols are there for a reason, and although scientists have spelled out why, their voices get drowned out by politicians.  The real danger would be if Trump gets his way, but I think reliable sources would alert us of that risk if it were to happen.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on November 16, 2020, 07:00:59 PM
I think part of my problem is worrying that Trump may somehow have the power to warp this thing out just to say he did it.  Actually, we don't hear that from people in the field who know that Trump is a mentally peripatetic crazy person who doesn't know what he's doing half of the time.  Testing protocols are there for a reason, and although scientists have spelled out why, their voices get drowned out by politicians.  The real danger would be if Trump gets his way, but I think reliable sources would alert us of that risk if it were to happen.

As a super villain, y'all claim he invented the virus, so why not the vaccine ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Quote from: SGOS on November 16, 2020, 07:00:59 PM
I doubt it, but at this point, who the fuck knows anymore. When the vaccine becomes available, I'll read the safety and efficacy information as well as study design.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Unbeliever

How will the covidiots feel when the health care systems totally collapse, due to lack of medical personnel who have been victimized by the virus? When they can't get the care they need for anything, covid or not? All those nurses and doctors who may sacrifice their lives to save the lives of their patients, are the only people we have who can do the jobs they do. It will take too long to train new people, if you can find enough who are willing to risk themselves.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Just looked at the national covid stats.  They look someone's trying to get the high score.  11.5+ million cases, 250+ thousand deaths.  Sheesh.

The silver lining is that NC is no longer #7 in terms of total cases - now it's #9.  Wisconsin and Ill-inois pulled ahead of us. 

In terms of cases per million population, NC is actually slightly lower than the national average.  North Dakota and South Dakota are the big winners there - 85,000 cases per million and 75,000 cases per million.  Assuming my math is right, that's roughly 8.5 cases per 100 and 7.5 cases per 100.  Roughly 1 out of 12 people.  Yikes.  That's pretty close to being literally decimated by covid.

In terms of hospitalizations nationwide, there are three distinct peaks - April 21st, July 27th, and right now.  It's like an invisible war out there, folks.  The nurses and doctors are counting on us to stay safe and not wind up in the already crowded hospitals.

Keep calm.  Keep protected.  Keep the numbers down.  Keep 'em firing.

Hydra009

You guys ever hear of a super-spreader named Sean Feucht?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_67grWrIA08

Seattle, Sep 9th

Nashville, Oct 11th

Notice anything strange/irresponsible?

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 16, 2020, 11:16:18 PM
Notice anything strange/irresponsible?

Just wear one of these charm bracelets. You'll be fine.

It wards off evil spirits COVID-19.

Cassia

Let us take Grandpa's bank account in the name of cheezus.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 16, 2020, 10:00:39 PM
How will the covidiots feel when the health care systems totally collapse, due to lack of medical personnel who have been victimized by the virus? When they can't get the care they need for anything, covid or not? All those nurses and doctors who may sacrifice their lives to save the lives of their patients, are the only people we have who can do the jobs they do. It will take too long to train new people, if you can find enough who are willing to risk themselves.

Yes, if you allow one Republican (witch) to live, you will all become idiots ;-)  Trust the medieval medicine (herbs like LSD).  With Davos working with China to end civilization, I think health care is the least of our problems.  Republicans/Democrats are just useful idiots, some of whom can pick cotton for their Chinese/German masters.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on November 17, 2020, 08:54:05 AM
Let us take Grandpa's bank account in the name of cheezus.

Grandpa is Jeebus ... so back to Hell with you, Millennial spawn ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Real science, that contradicts Marxist magical thinking ...

"No national news story that I have found highlighted the most important finding of all: extreme quarantine plus frequent testing and isolation among military recruits did nothing to stop the virus..." .. if you can't do it in the military, don't try it with civilians

"Israel In Talks To Buy Russia's COVID Vaccine" ... China created Covid, China and their ally Russia will have the best vaccine.  That is a feature, not a bug.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Canada has an earlier Thanksgiving than the US (October 12th), and had a sharp spike within two weeks after the holiday.

My family normally has a big get-together for Thanksgiving, but unfortunately, circumstances won't allow that.  The general consensus is to cancel altogether and skype each other from our houses.

Our Christmas Eve Réveillon is very important to us - normally, a night of feasting, talking, and playing card games lasting until late into the night.  We've never even considered cancelling it before.  We're working on a plan to save it this year by doing things very differently.

We're planning to have it outside early in the early afternoon with each of the three families arriving separately and seated at their own table far away from other tables and wearing masks unless eating.  No one's permitted to go inside the house except for the hosting family.  That way, we can talk to each other (albeit with some difficulty) but no one comes into contact with anyone they haven't already been in contact with.  Then, near dusk, each family leaves separately.  Certainly a lot less merriment, but much, much safer.

Mermaid

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 16, 2020, 10:00:39 PM
People have a way of rationalizing the irrational when it suits them. That faction will never see what is right in front of them. I mean, come on, we literally have two hundred forty THOUSAND dead Americans because of the virus and people are threatening the Governor of Michigan for closing restaurants.

Hydra009

I've been allowing myself to get cautiously optimistic on the vaccine front.  There's even talk that we can have this thing basically wrapped up by the end of next year.  The current situation is literally 1 out of 1000 people in North Dakota dying and Doctors Without Borders trying to help us like we're a 3rd world country.  That's horrible.  So going from ravaged by disease to basically wrapped up is a hell of an improvement.

I've been reading an account of someone who claims to have been vaccinated (people don't lie on the internet, so everything that follows is 100% true) within a day of getting the second shot, this person wakes up in the middle of the night with flu-like symptoms.  Sore throat, fever, generally feeling run-down.  Symptoms get better over the course of the day.  Disappear completely by the next day.

This is great.  This is exactly the sort of thing I had hoped for.  You get two shots, you have an immune reaction that resembles the flu and you generally feel like crap for a day, but you're much, much better prepared to deal with someone who takes his mask off to sneeze.

Obviously, no vaccine will make you completely invincible and even with the vaccine, masking up and social distancing is still important until those numbers go waaay down.  So don't lick the Oval Office desk or go to a Rose Garden event or anything.  But it will make it so that you can go to work with Typhoid Mary and probably be okay.  So that's nice.